Mega Thread 2013 TRADE PERIOD discussion thread - Aidan Riley (Crows) added as a DFA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favourite was lyons and vince for pick 2, then you guys trade it to brisbane for pick 7, polec and pick 24... after that I gave up when it was defended

Seems legit , I think 2 for Michie and mellington seems fairer though

Huge win for us, North getting completely bent over there. They would want at least a far higher pick than 54... I know Greenwood doesn't get many games but I would still rate him well ahead of Blease, not to mention Mellington and Michie given he has runs on the board.

I don't know about that, Greenwood is on the outer at North - they have a lot of talented inside mids.

He's worth a lot less to them then he is for us I'd say.

I don't know about that, Greenwood is on the outer at North - they have a lot of talented inside mids.

He's worth a lot less to them then he is for us I'd say.

54 seems a little late though maybe our 4th as well

Guess north do need some outside run though

Greenwood's had one really good game, against us

Is he really a target?

It's just a rumor mate, did have 38 touches against Essendon this year I think.

Plus, he's the kind of player Roos would have targeted at Sydney.

Greenwood's had one really good game, against us

Is he really a target?

Greenwood, Lyons , Michie are all better options this stage than Nicholson , Jetta, bail , tapscott , Davey, Strauss , blease , Rodan. , Byrnes , and arguably ( arguably! ) magner an Evans

It's just a rumor mate, did have 38 touches against Essendon this year I think.

Plus, he's the kind of player Roos would have targeted at Sydney.

Greenwood, Lyons , Michie are all better options this stage than Nicholson , Jetta, bail , tapscott , Davey, Strauss , blease , Rodan. , Byrnes , and arguably ( arguably! ) magner an Evans

Fair enough

But he doesn't get his hands enough on it for mine

2 games he's exceeded 30 touches

39 against us and 38 against Dons (you were correct TPM)

Res of his stats teens / low 20s

Mostly teens

Yeah, I get that.

But he's hard at it and a big body - hasn't had much opportunity at North over the past 3 seasons especially with the sub rule coming in.

There's a bit to like about him I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough

But he doesn't get his hands enough on it for mine

2 games he's exceeded 30 touches

39 against us and 38 against Dons (you were correct TPM)

Res of his stats teens / low 20s

Mostly teens

Provided that he gives protection to the toump and most likely young aish I can't see the harm though

We need 10 players who can go through the middle so we need that depth

REAL TALK.

Typical shit from Melbourne board posters. It's all mids mids mids for months now but when it's crunch time you guys wanna hold onto shit picks.

Vince would be an automatic selection in our midfield. Do you guys realize how shit we are? We need to take what we can get.

I'd be happy if we drafted zero players this year. We are going to finish bottom four again next year and we can draft some more talent then. Right now we need to not get beaten by 100 points every week because another year like this one and it's all over.

My attitude is we can do both.

Say Lyons, Vince, Mackay and Henderson for 2nd Rounder + Compo. Then Michie for our third. Draft with #2. Pick up Cross.

Don't think that's really conclusive, and Magner is the worst of all those players mentioned.

The point being all of those guys rotated through the middle this season , so if they can get a game then the 3 I mentioned are locks, plus they are all young

Word is Greenwood wants game time and is looking at a deal elsewhere although contracted at North. He'll run all day, hit hard and get his hands on the pill if given instruction to hunt the footy. His disposal is hit and miss by foot, awesome one minute, average the next. There has also been discussion that he fails to maintain structure around the stoppage, putting pressure on the set ups as others need to cover him when he hunts the footy.

I reckon he would do well at the Dees. Certainly worth a crack.

I have also heard the rumour about Greenwood being linked to a multi club trade involving Melb and Freo, but without Blease as a target. We dont really need his type. North after pick upgrades.

Word is Greenwood wants game time and is looking at a deal elsewhere although contracted at North. He'll run all day, hit hard and get his hands on the pill if given instruction to hunt the footy. His disposal is hit and miss by foot, awesome one minute, average the next. There has also been discussion that he fails to maintain structure around the stoppage, putting pressure on the set ups as others need to cover him when he hunts the footy.

I reckon he would do well at the Dees. Certainly worth a crack.

I have also heard the rumour about Greenwood being linked to a multi club trade involving Melb and Freo, but without Blease as a target. We dont really need his type. North after pick upgrades.

Thanks for the feed back mate yeah I think he is exactly the sort of player we should chase , won't cost a fortune , he is hungry and has got room for improvement

Also FCS can we have some more trade deals generally! Sick of hearing about ******* Big Boy

You know trade time is too long when we are desperate for mids and we have pick 2 on the table and yet from the outside it would be appear we aren't even close to a deal yet

What? You don't want a lightning fast player who gets 8 ineffective touches a game and can't run out 4 quarters? Crazy!

No but seriously, thanks for the perspective on Greenwood. Surprised we didn't go after him last year given that he wouldn't have needed to adhere to any structure at all playing in our 'midfield' under the geniuses Neeld and Royal.

Don't think that's really conclusive, and Magner is the worst of all those players mentioned.
What's the issue with Magner? I thought he was alright in 2012, certainty has his limits as an inside midfielder but he seemed pretty good at finding it (wasn't so hot with disposing it). As the year went on it seemed like he was played out of position as he was played as a defensive forward.

Are you guys in general not a fan of Magner? Think he could still potentially add something if he was a full time midfielder although I'm unsure how likely/unlikely that is. Also don't know him as well as you guys so I don't know what his biggest weakness is/what has stopped him from getting games this year.

What's the issue with Magner? I thought he was alright in 2012, certainty has his limits as an inside midfielder but he seemed pretty good at finding it (wasn't so hot with disposing it). As the year went on it seemed like he was played out of position as he was played as a defensive forward.

Are you guys in general not a fan of Magner? Think he could still potentially add something if he was a full time midfielder although I'm unsure how likely/unlikely that is. Also don't know him as well as you guys so I don't know what his biggest weakness is/what has stopped him from getting games this year.

The general consensus from our supporters has been he he certainly isn't an a grader but he was stiff not to get a run in our kidfield

He is slow and not a great disposer of it but he does find the pill , somewhere in between to good for Vfl and regular afl player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back