Mega Thread 2013 TRADE PERIOD discussion thread - Aidan Riley (Crows) added as a DFA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Mahoney did say we'd be active at the trade table! Wouldn't imagine we'd be into too much more would we? With picking up Vince, Michie and Tyson are we going to bother with Cross?
I hope so. I feel like we've won trade week period already. But I still think cross can offer us a lot over 1-2 years, be it on field or off, or a combination of the two.

Also, 23 for Sylvia? Thanks AFL ;)

Very happy with the trades do far. Feel Cross is worth a year as an onfield coach/mentor.

First time I have seen genuine depth in 5 years. I just hope we can develop some of our existing players, cause with Blease, Barry, Tappy & Strauss we really have some talent who should push our best 22 and make a much more competitive environment.

Don't think we go for Cross now we've got Vince, we can't forget that we're still a developing team.

Cross coming in will probably result in a Toumpas, Michie, #9 or Tyson missing out - we need these blokes to experience AFL footy.
Nope - more than happy for #9 to have to work his way into the best 22. Would be a very refreshing change at our club.

They might ship Tapscott Blease or any player with minimal currency out for peanuts next week.

Mahoney and Roos seem to have quite a direct and matter-of-fact way with their dealings so far so I guess we'll leave it with them and wait and see.
Come on. Surely Nicholson, Jetta or Bail would be in the block first...

Nope - more than happy for #9 to have to work his way into the best 22. Would be a very refreshing change at our club.

Yep. Nick Vlastuin didn't debut until Round 5 for the Tigers this year, and then he burst onto the scene. That's how it should be.

I feel like we have gotten exactly what we all wanted out of this trade period , amazing effort by the guys in charge not sure how anyone could fault one move so far , add cross for some more experience and we have probably the most important off season in the history of the club

I'm not at all excited

The hate on this board for Mckenzie and Jetta is icky when we have perfectly good targets of roh bail and dunn

I hope so. I feel like we've won trade week period already. But I still think cross can offer us a lot over 1-2 years, be it on field or off, or a combination of the two.

Also, 23 for Sylvia? Thanks AFL ;)

Have faith, we still have time to turn the trade period around.

Better if it'd been #23 for the cat and #3 for our recent woes. Could've snared a couple more off GWS with another top 3 pick. RIP priority picks...

The hate on this board for Mckenzie and Jetta is icky when we have perfectly good targets of roh bail and dunn

Don't think anyone hates them, they just don't rate them.

Jetta isn't a good footballer, which does present a problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must admit I have been on big footy a lot during this trade period waiting for stuff to happen. Then in 2 days every time I hop on a deals done. :)

anyways for the ladies in Bernie Vince (or for the lads. Not that there's anything wrong with that)

For the lads Pia Miller (or for ladies not that there's anything wrong with that)

Out: Sylvia, J MacDonald, Sellar, Gillies, Davis, Tynan, Davey, Rodan, Couch (R)

In: Vince, Tyson, Michie, Hogan.

By my calculations, at this point in time we have four spots on our primary list and a rookie spot up for grabs. I know Rory Taggert for one is still waiting to hear about season 2014.With several players still uncontracted I wonder what happens next for our club???

Congratulations guys. This Tyson deal is a ripper! To be able to upgrade 20 to 9 at the same time is just an amazing deal and Tyson is exactly what your list seems to need. To have Hogan coming as well and STILL have another top 10 pick now to come you should all be just giggling. List is finally starting to come together and those who've stuck it through will find some real sunshine moving forward I suspect.

I really want Freeman at P9, but if the Coll:WCE trade goes through we are sunk.

Sheed is also very good, but not the same player Freeman is!

I really want Freeman at P9, but if the Coll:WCE trade goes through we are sunk.

Sheed is also very good, but not the same player Freeman is!

Are the Pies that crash hot on him?

Right now it would be Boyd-Aish-Kelly-Scharenberg-Billings as a top 5. Sheed, Kolo-however, Dunstan all on the board. The Pies' weakness certainly isn't midfield either - if anything a rebounding HBF utility would be bloody good for them, more so than Scharenberg would be for the Saints, the Dogs or Brisbane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back