2013 West Australian Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

I will back South Fremantle and Perth to win the Colts finals on the weekend, Souths look dangerous to me. Perth have had a good season despite narrowly losing their last 2 against the top 2.

Ef had 56 percent more of the footy (368 to 235) on Saturday and still lost........why ? Because their decision making and disposal skills are poor......with Cripps and Green being the main offenders......lots of work required by whoever drafts him !

Cripps at 72.5% efficiency
Green at 83.7% efficiency

Yeah, okay mate.

Last edited:
NhyIkIT.png

Why so many handballs? Always under pressure ? TJ are you a stats man for Champion Data?

I will back South Fremantle and Perth to win the Colts finals on the weekend, Souths look dangerous to me. Perth have had a good season despite narrowly losing their last 2 against the top 2.
Not sure how South are going to lineup this weekend.
Blaine Johnson has played the last couple of games for the league side and Sokol and Main have played reserves since the u18s championship. I think they will stay in the reserves for the second semi and the club will back the colts "fill ins" to continue with their good form in the second semi against Claremont.

Always under pressure?
Team rules to run, carry & handball. Volunteer @ EF Colts and yes, also work for Champion.

Wow. Talk about a vote of confidence in my subjective analysis of games.
I thought they were below average with the ball that day as well, that's just what the stats say. Going down the list there are a lot more "average" disposal efficiencies (and no I won't post them, you'll have to buy a StatsViewer license.)

Team rules to run, carry & handball. Volunteer @ EF Colts and yes, also work for Champion.

I thought they were below average with the ball that day as well, that's just what the stats say. Going down the list there are a lot more "average" disposal efficiencies (and no I won't post them, you'll have to buy a StatsViewer license.)
TJ give us a clue on some of the most efficient players in each team ??

TJ give us a clue on some of the most efficient players in each team ??
Honestly can't say, I'm a caller, don't have access to all the stats.
Off the top of my head:
EF - Cripps, Franklin (injured)
SF - Rioli, Dragovich (96)
P - Edmonds, Chester
C - Beeck, Waterman (96), Edwards
EP - Ridley, Riley
S - Kennedy, Clark (97)
SD - Firns (96), Whitsed
WP - Kirwen, Sutherland
PT - Hancock, Davis (96)

Honestly can't say, I'm a caller, don't have access to all the stats.
Off the top of my head:
EF - Cripps, Franklin (injured)
SF - Rioli, Dragovich (96)
P - Edmonds, Chester
C - Beeck, Waterman (96), Edwards
EP - Ridley, Riley
S - Kennedy, Clark (97)
SD - Firns (96), Whitsed
WP - Kirwen, Sutherland
PT - Hancock, Davis (96)
Thanks heaps for the input, much appreciated.

Excited about Waterman.

NhyIkIT.png

Yeah, okay mate.

TJ....lies, damn lies and statistics!......I'm sure you have heard that quote before. All your telling me there is that Cripps needs to hit more targets with his kicks....this we already know and that little damage was created via all those handballs......poor decisions ?.....probably. You can't argue with this because it is inherent in the result.

Nor does one sample set tell much of a story but feel free to put more stats up as I would like to see if my impressions are accurate or not.

As a person who obviously knows East Fremantle well, give me your opinion as to why Green was not selected for the states and why he has not been selected for national/state screening. ( i am assuming he has not because I have not seen his name mentioned anywhere ) The reason I ask this is because his numbers...on the surface are elite, he can obviously get to the ball, he can kick a goal, he is a regular in the best for Ef and from what I have seen he moves well and appears to be an ok size. One would of assumed that he has attracted a lot of attention as a result.

Also, feel free to give me your opinion as to why EF failed to fire this year.

TJ....lies, damn lies and statistics!......I'm sure you have heard that quote before. All your telling me there is that Cripps needs to hit more targets with his kicks....this we already know and that little damage was created via all those handballs......poor decisions ?.....probably. You can't argue with this because it is inherent in the result.

Nor does one sample set tell much of a story but feel free to put more stats up as I would like to see if my impressions are accurate or not.

As a person who obviously knows East Fremantle well, give me your opinion as to why Green was not selected for the states and why he has not been selected for national/state screening. ( i am assuming he has not because I have not seen his name mentioned anywhere ) The reason I ask this is because his numbers...on the surface are elite, he can obviously get to the ball, he can kick a goal, he is a regular in the best for Ef and from what I have seen he moves well and appears to be an ok size. One would of assumed that he has attracted a lot of attention as a result.

Isn't Green a year or 2 older then everyone else playing colts? (except the Perth Colts)

Green had high numbers (relative to the team) last year (as an 17-18 year old, so draft eligible) and butchered it a bit with his disposal. I personally think that this year he's been the 3rd most consistent disposal wise behind Cripps and Jansen. Don't know if the clubs are looking for something else, but I would have wanted to have a look.

EF failed to fire this year because
a) Overuse of the handball. WCE 2010 anyone? Team rules were to run and carry, but when you're put under pressure that run and carry turns in to run and panic and handball. Turnover, kick, goal to the other team. Saw that against Claremont on the weekend.
b) Depth. Take the best five players from each side and EF is second to SF, if not first. Take the next five, and they're mid range, take the rest of the playing group + squad and they're not starstudded.
c) Team-orientated. Players playing for themselves not for the team, even if it's for five minutes could change the course of the game
d) Relaxation. How the hell do you lose to Peel? I'd say a lot of players probably turned up and went, "got it in the bag".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I've played against him in juniors. Still have no idea why he's not playing colts for EF. Maybe PSA is more important, and he'll play next year?

2 games in a weekend is a big ask from about 14/15 i reckon, more injuries, fatigue etc.

PSA is pretty important for these boys, and players have been drafted staright out of there, having only played a handfull of games for WAFL clubs.

see what happens i suppose.

2 games in a weekend is a big ask from about 14/15 i reckon, more injuries, fatigue etc.

PSA is pretty important for these boys, and players have been drafted staright out of there, having only played a handfull of games for WAFL clubs.

see what happens i suppose.
Have you watched many Trinity games this year? Wondering how he's going.

Have you watched many Trinity games this year? Wondering how he's going.

Only watched a couple, but going very well from all reports, think trinity first 18 finished 3rd this year.

They are the only PSA school not to have the benefit of boarders, so all city boys, if you can call Yanchep, the Hills and Mandurah city ;)

Jack Clarke Medal for the Fairest & Best in the Colts tonight, Who is going to win? I think Jacob Green is a huge chance on possession numbers alone, he will be in the umpires eye line a fair bit. Any one else offer an opinion?

Remove this Banner Ad

2013 West Australian Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Back