2014 Brownlow discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Recently I happened to look at Priddis's stats over the season, and to me it doesn't look like a Brownlow season. It's more of a B&F-AA esque year to me. He's certainly a player within striking distance if he has a great last 2 games, and he'll factor in the votes in a lot of the Eagles wins, but based on stats alone, not a lot of his games demand a BOG, particularly the games when an Eagle might pick up votes. He'll mainly be picking up 1s and 2s.

I think a Priddis type needs to be in one of the better teams to win a Brownlow, like in 2011-12. With the Eagles likely to finish on 10-11 wins, and Priddis usually being joined by the other stars in the team in the wins, as opposed to some of the losses, I don't see him winning.

Personally, would love if we had a count around the 20 mark. I don't think it's been that low since the Cousins win. Whilst that can leave the door open for some more undeserving types, it's incredibly frantic in the final rounds.

Personally, would love if we had a count around the 20 mark. I don't think it's been that low since the Cousins win. Whilst that can leave the door open for some more undeserving types, it's incredibly frantic in the final rounds.

Would like a low count as well, vote tallies have been ridiculously inflated in the last few years. Having said that, Ablett's absolute minimum would be 24 IMO, so I don't think we'll see it this year.

This will be the best count in years. Ablett will be 10 votes up when injured, with a raft of players coming hard at him on the home straight. Loaded up on ablett at 7:1 a few weeks ago into franklin. Will make for an entertaining night.

Reason I say Kennedy is because he's had a consistant year and Sydney have been winning a majority of their games.

Fyfe suspended , Stevie J suspended , Rockliff suspended GAJ injured for 1/3 of season , Pendlebury hasn't had a year like others. Joel Selwood is the only one I can see threaten.

I would like Kennedy to win, other than Ablett he is the only other thoroughly deserving player (unless a Franklin managed to win). For me, Selwood and Pendlebury would be like a make-up Oscar, Brownlow-worthy players winning in a season that isn't necessarily their best work. In a year such as this, they might as well pick up their Brownlow now, but you'd like to see a more outstanding season rewarded.

Well I backed Libba pre-season at 66/1 but think my money's gone there. One bloke that's really caught my eye for an each way dabble is Luke Parker. Kennedy will take quite a few votes but Parker's cleanness and consistency has been top rate.

I agree with Parker.

All the talk about the Swans' brownlow chance(s) are JPK & Buddy, but I think Parker is a genuine chance.

He's been very consistent all season, gets LOTS of the ball(not far behind JPK in ave possessions for the season), gets the hard inside ball as well as providing excellent outside run, Swans have won plenty of games and the main difference between Parker and JPK is....Parker has kicked lots of goals.

I think Parker will poll lots of 2's and 1's with the odd 3 here and there.

Have actually parted with $50 on Parker at odds of 51-1 to win Charlie. Now there's a part of me that thinks I've probably thrown $50 away, but I'd be more annoyed with if Parker won it and I didn't have anything on him.

Most votes, well I couldn't pick it. 5 probable options.

The winner though will be one of Ablett, Selwood or Heppell imo.

Heppell will get noticed, Pendlebury just hasn't been 'outstanding' and Franklin and Parker, abd even McGlynn will have a couple, will have too many 3's ahead of JK to see him win unless it's a low count. Still =1st for best midfielder of the year for mine, but that doesn't = Brownlow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reason I say Kennedy is because he's had a consistant year and Sydney have been winning a majority of their games.

Fyfe suspended , Stevie J suspended , Rockliff suspended GAJ injured for 1/3 of season , Pendlebury hasn't had a year like others. Joel Selwood is the only one I can see threaten.

have you actually researched this at all? have you even tried to work out how many votes you think Kennedy has. Ablett is likely to have 24-25 votes. would be hard to see Kennedy being above 20 at this point.

Caught some interesting odds on "most votes Adelaide" today. Dangerfield odds on. Sloane........ $3.25 !!!!
Not sure if it's just my high regard for Sloane clouding things but I jumped on that in a big way. IMO Danger really hasn't had his usual impact this year and been playing up forward for large slabs of the game. Sloane has just been carving it up all season.
Got $10 for most team votes Sydney on Luke Parker too - great value there.

Caught some interesting odds on "most votes Adelaide" today. Dangerfield odds on. Sloane........ $3.25 !!!!
Not sure if it's just my high regard for Sloane clouding things but I jumped on that in a big way. IMO Danger really hasn't had his usual impact this year and been playing up forward for large slabs of the game. Sloane has just been carving it up all season.
Dangerfield probably has 4 BOG's at this stage
Whilst Sloane has been more consistent, he has probably only been BOG twice

Dangerfield is AT LEAST 6 votes ahead of Sloane. People forget how many BOG's he has. Have him on 15-17 votes. Sloane is on 10-11 votes gives and take 1. Not catching Danger though and that is even if Danger doesn't poll in the last 2.

Dangerfield is AT LEAST 6 votes ahead of Sloane. People forget how many BOG's he has. Have him on 15-17 votes. Sloane is on 10-11 votes gives and take 1. Not catching Danger though and that is even if Danger doesn't poll in the last 2.

will be a lot closer then most have predicted - for the record I have Sloane 2 behind, but with plenty of chances for 1s (or 1s that could disappear)! Dangerfields votes are more clear cut!

will be a lot closer then most have predicted - for the record I have Sloane 2 behind, but with plenty of chances for 1s (or 1s that could disappear)! Dangerfields votes are more clear cut!

There is no way Sloane is 2 behind Dangerfield. At best he is 4 behind and that is giving him 2 votes I doubt he will get as he was just in a number of players that played well. Thompson and Brodie Smith will steal votes. Dangerfield has 4 BOG's and an easy 2 vote game. That is 14 without thinking and there were 3 others he may poll in.

Hoping for a tie :cool: Ablett deserves it as he is by far the best player, but then again Selwood's form of late has been very good and may get him over the line. Don't think Kennedy has done enough, especially the last few weeks. Pendlebury, Priddis, Heppell haven't had what you would call Brownlow Winning seasons. Can't see anyone else winning it really, yes Robbie Gray and Jordan Lewis have had very good seasons but it will be tough for them to gain enough votes. If I had to pick an outsider it would be Luke Parker...

Remove this Banner Ad

2014 Brownlow discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back