List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there anyone worth taking from the VFL or other state league...Or does anyone know if we have interest...???? Cheers in advance

Is there anyone worth taking from the VFL or other state league...Or does anyone know if we have interest...???? Cheers in advance
Shane Nelson. WAFL
Ball magnet
2014 stats:

20 games622 disposals (31.1 av) [Highs of 52, 44, & 38. 13 times with 30+]
78 marks (3.9 av)
6 goals 11 behinds
66 tackles (3.3 av)
41 frees for, 12 against

interesting on brett Phillips show on sen, francis Jackson was on, at the end of interview he said every player on their draftable list was drafted and would now review their supplementary list of potential draftees for Wednesdays rookie draft .looks like some mature age or recycled rookies again !!!:rolleyes::(

Nic Newman - 3rd tall/play making defender who plays in a similar style to Hibberd at the Dons and is from the same VFL club

Josh Glenn - SANFL creative midfielder who can play as a small defender or small forward. Last year he was talked about as a top 40 pick.

Shannon Taylor - Small forward/ wingman. Moved from WA to play in the VFL. Has pace and skill but can drift in and out of games. Jeff Garlett like

Matt Panos - Was a FF when drafted to the dogs a few years back but played this year in the SANFL as a tall midfielder in the Josh Kennedy mold. Found heaps on contested ball and a booming kick for goal as well obviously. We are rumoured to be interested but so are the Dees so we would want to get in early.

I think you've got someone there Cevap_Roll . Just checked his combine results from 2011. 20 m Sprint equal 3rd, (ahead of Brad Hill), Top 10 agility run, Number 1 clearly for kicking accuracy , Not in the top 10 for other areas. Interesting to see if we take someone if their figures/results are better? Cos it seems like the young man can play....

Shane Nelson gets brought up every year. It seems pretty clear that if he doesn't get picked up this year that clubs either believe he's limited or it's something to do with off field.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben Cavarra from the dolphins is definitely worth a rookie spot.
1st year in the VFL he won their BnF.
He was Vic Metro captain last year. He was unlucky to miss the draft IMO so he is definitely worth a rookie spot.
Seriously could be Miles mark 2.

Problem is he is 174cm.

Will be interested in who we bring through in the rookie draft, as FJ has said we have 3 picks & I would imagine the 4th pick will be used for Arnot. I would be happy to see some x-factor type players be brought through, as our main deficiencies have been addressed in the main draft. Maybe rookie list a ruckman if there are any that have upside for improvement, otherwise give them a miss.

Baulderstone please , we desperately need a back up Ruckman that can actually ruck and isn't a part timer.
Doesnt get enough of it around the ground from what i have read about him, Dinasour ruckman are not what we need

Would rather go for a mobile ruckman that can give us a marking option around the ground

Really wish we could take look at Darcy Cameron from claremont

Keenan Ramsey?

Aidan Anderson or Clayton McCartney are two I'd look at as a small forward.

I'd go Aidan Anderson , but for no other reason than I'm a Matrix fan.....MR ANDERSON....

I know it's early but we have a couple of young fellas training with us from next years draft pool.

Nick O'Kearney, Gach Nyoun*

Nick plays for Vic Metro (Cannons I think) & Gach (Stingrays) for Vic country I believe. Does anyone have any knowledge/experience with these young men ? I know it doesn't mean we'll be into them but not a bad likelihood given I think they are both in the AIS academy.....

I know it's early but we have a couple of young fellas training with us from next years draft pool.

Nick O'Kearney, Gach Nyoun*

Nick plays for Vic Metro (Cannons I think) & Gach (Stingrays) for Vic country I believe. Does anyone have any knowledge/experience with these young men ? I know it doesn't mean we'll be into them but not a bad likelihood given I think they are both in the AIS academy.....

Nick O plays for Keilor and his been playing seniors as an underage for a few years. I've seen him play a lot against my bros and this kid is an absolute jet. His being mentored by Cotchin and plays like him. Never falls to his feet and has great skills. Comes from a great background as his old man talks to mine a lot and is very level headed. Will no doubt get drafted and should be a top 10 (I will be surprised if he isn't drafted top 10)

Unfortunately he cops a bit of flack cause he is almost like the golden child in that he always wins and the umps look after him but as a kid, he is a gem. Would love to get him at the Tigers.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back