List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Lachie Weller won't go past Pick 8 for the Gold Coast Suns. Tom Lamb has inconsistency but he's an absolute jet, in the Nathan Fyfe/Michael Barlow/David Mundy mold for size (193cm). He's a power runner (15.5 Beep Test and 9m45s 3km Time Trial). He shows in-game speed and is part of the new-age midfielder in the AFL

Lachie Weller won't go past Pick 8 for the Gold Coast Suns. Tom Lamb has inconsistency but he's an absolute jet, in the Nathan Fyfe/Michael Barlow/David Mundy mold for size (193cm). He's a power runner (15.5 Beep Test and 9m45s 3km Time Trial). He shows in-game speed and is part of the new-age midfielder in the AFL

There was talk that Weller would eventually head to Victoria to be closer to his family. Only reason he moved up north was due to his brother playing for the Suns. Also, I think they would benefit from picking up a KPD with so many on offer.

I'd be interested to know peoples thoughts on Lamb v Langford. Look similar players for mine, and both could/ should be available with our pick.

Had a look at Lamb's highlights. He is a nice type but something seemed amiss to me. Not sure if I perceived a lack of poise or what but despite his physicals Lamb seems too raw and risky for me. I don't see the Bont in Lamb, at least not yet anyway!

Weller has a lot of qualities not measured by stats. He's a great personality, a leader and winner.

He wins his won ball, can go outside and kick goals.

He's a quality prospect. If he's there, I'd be disappointed if we don't bite.

Weller, Ahern, Gartlett, Duggan and Wright if he drops are all very good talents who I think will be very good players. Weller I think the biggest chance to be Elite.

He won't go to GC.

Cats and Eagles only teams that will prevent Weller being there. Maybe Pies

Depends if Ahern and Pickett are still there.

Cats to nab Ahern as a replacement for Christensen and the Eagles to get their boy Pickett. Pies have Darcy Moore at 9, and are extremely interested in Laverde. To me it is either GC or us for Weller provided Ahern and Pickett are there at 10/11.

Depends if Ahern and Pickett are still there.

Cats to nab Ahern as a replacement for Christensen and the Eagles to get their boy Pickett. Pies have Darcy Moore at 9, and are extremely interested in Laverde. To me it is either GC or us for Weller provided Ahern and Pickett are there at 10/11.
I reckon neither us or GC will take him :p

What are the chances of Pickett being there at our pick? I haven't followed it as much as I have previous years but consensus is that he's almost 0% chance to be available. Which is shame because he's the player that excited me the most from what limited vision I've seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everything seems to point towards Ellis.

If GWS don't take Ahern then maybe him.

Apparently Bret Anderson said on SEN last night for us it's Duggan ahead of Ellis, and we'd take Wright if he slipped through. No mention of Weller... Can't understand why we wouldn't consider him too.

Apparently Bret Anderson said on SEN last night for us it's Duggan ahead of Ellis, and we'd take Wright if he slipped through. No mention of Weller... Can't understand why we wouldn't consider him too.
Pretty sure Brett Anderson doesn't know :p

There's no way we'd pass on Wright. Just too much of pay off.

Right now I think unless Wright slips, they're targeting Weller. If he is taken then Duggen will be our boy.
Ellis will only be considered if all are gone.
Also from the clips I've seen of Blakely, he reminds me of Dan Jackson.

He won't go to GC.

What makes you say that Stylo ? Weller reminds me a bit of sugar. I think he will develop but seems to have grit & determination on field. Good attitude...

Duggen looks ok but just another HBF type. Would love to see us get our hands on Weller.

If Wright is there we have to take him, but will be interesting as then we have to fit Wright, Vickery, Griff and McBean into our 22.

Agree.

Fact is Weller is a bit like Ellis. Point is you get another Weller type or similar next year, the year after, the year after that around the same mark.

You do not normally get KPP quality so late with Wright Durdin and Goddard. Fact is Essendon has been banned, Gold Coast and GWS anomalies have hoarded KPP for years creating a skew, WC is well set for KPP, Pies have Moore, traded for big guys recently with 2 picks, Melbourne have been at the bottom for a while and have Hogan, so the stars have aligned a little.

If RFC let a Wright, Durdin or Goddard go it will be utter stupidity because guaranteed the next 4 picks will be mid types and there will be better mids in 2015, 2016 etc.. etc.. not to mention trades and FA!!!

For those that see Rance as a FB we need a long term CHB swingman who can help Rance, Astbury and the others as well!!!
This feels a bit strange, but

I agree with you Mr Magic.

Agree.

Fact is Weller is a bit like Ellis. Point is you get another Weller type or similar next year, the year after, the year after that around the same mark.

You do not normally get KPP quality so late with Wright Durdin and Goddard. Fact is Essendon has been banned, Gold Coast and GWS anomalies have hoarded KPP for years creating a skew, WC is well set for KPP, Pies have Moore, traded for big guys recently with 2 picks, Melbourne have been at the bottom for a while and have Hogan, so the stars have aligned a little.

If RFC let a Wright, Durdin or Goddard go it will be utter stupidity because guaranteed the next 4 picks will be mid types and there will be better mids in 2015, 2016 etc.. etc.. not to mention trades and FA!!!

For those that see Rance as a FB we need a long term CHB swingman who can help Rance, Astbury and the others as well!!!

100% agree but you watch us pick a skinny HBF with 3 balls

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back