List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

How so? His numbers aren't overly impressive and his poor games are very poor. He's probably a top 20 pick but the way things are shaping there'll be at least a few significantly better options available at 12. And by 'better' I mean with more upside and arguably safer. I'd be extremely disappointed if we chose Ellis over any of Duggan, De Goey, Weller, Wright, Blakely, Durdin, Garlett, Cockatoo... And probably some others but you get the picture. He just screams Jane Lucas to me.
TAC Cup
8 games
12.5 kicks
9.8 handballs
22.3 disposals
3.8 marks
11 contested possessions
11.3 uncontested possessions
3.5 tackles

Granted you can't just look at numbers on a page and get the full story, but to average the numbers he did playing in a midfield with Duggan Menadue Laverde & Viojo-Rainbow rotating through, it says to me that the kid can find the footy, either in traffic or out in space given the 50-50 split in his contested/uncontested possessions. That is why I say he reads as a pure midfielder. So as far as I'm concerned there will be no complaints from me if we pick him up unless Weller or Duggan is there and even then I'd still be happy to have him if that ball winning ability transfers across to AFL.

TAC Cup
8 games
12.5 kicks
9.8 handballs
22.3 disposals
3.8 marks
11 contested possessions
11.3 uncontested possessions
3.5 tackles

Granted you can't just look at numbers on a page and get the full story, but to average the numbers he did playing in a midfield with Duggan Menadue Laverde & Viojo-Rainbow rotating through, it says to me that the kid can find the footy, either in traffic or out in space given the 50-50 split in his contested/uncontested possessions. That is why I say he reads as a pure midfielder. So as far as I'm concerned there will be no complaints from me if we pick him up unless Weller or Duggan is there and even then I'd still be happy to have him if that ball winning ability transfers across to AFL.

Are you sure those numbers are right? The ones I've seen are far less impressive. Averaged like 14 touches IIRC. Maybe I've got dodgy stats

Are you sure those numbers are right? The ones I've seen are far less impressive. Averaged like 14 touches IIRC. Maybe I've got dodgy stats
I've checked his stats on the TAC Cup site as well. You might have the National Champs stats where he averaged 13.6 disposals a game.

Im hearing where right into cockatoo. More than people would think. Im sure he isnt top of our short list. Personally would rather de goey / weller.
But yea was toled that today.

Blakely is the draftee on the League's webite today (not sure if it can be mentioned but we all know where i mean) the kid is a contested ball beast... to get him with 2nd pick as some have suggested would be a steal surely....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blakely is the draftee on the League's webite today (not sure if it can be mentioned but we all know where i mean) the kid is a contested ball beast... to get him with 2nd pick as some have suggested would be a steal surely....
Happy with him as our first. Appears to offer something rare.. Creates time on the inside and consequently can distribute to the best option nearly every time with great effectiveness. Of all the players we could pick to feed the ball out to our elite outside users, he is my favourite. I am of course speaking from limited direct knowledge, but it's easy to be blinded by a pro local-boy bias and favour TAC cup lads that we have more direct knowledge of. Blakely has been playing against men very effectively and is nearly 190cm.. Ticks all of our first choice boxes I think.

ppl have been saying (i say that as i am not well aware of the Draftess skill sets etc, only really know names from here) he could be our 2nd pick but i agree & will be stoked if he's the 1st pick. he & Miles in the same team.........

Going to be a quality midfielder! No chance we get him at our second, West Coast have #32 and will definitely grab him if he slips that far.

If Duggan and Wright were there I'd take Wright. Is a monster with his build.
Personally I'd like Vickery to be our ruck, some stuff he does around the packs is incredible, like his evasiveness. With his increased aggression he has what it takes to be a quality ruck like Maric, plus he is more agile and mobile. With more work being put into his tap work could pay dividends.
With Wright he might overtake Elton and Mcbean in his first season. Elton's got great marking ability but his goalkicking and general kicking needs work. Mcbean needs more consistency and size.
Duggan would be competing with Gordon, Knights and Lennon for the basically the same spot.

I'm starting to warm to Connor B. Not sure if I should read to much into it but seems a pure mid. A year at WAFL level. No shrinking violet. With the addition of an inside mid , it moves Cotch more outside. Extends his career & he can use more of his creativity. We have lost Jacko & Tucky. So it would make sense. Is there more outside speed later in the draft ?

Hits the pack hard, stands up and bounces off tacklers, the closet player in recent draft to a Callum ward imo

I have heard Francis is right into Duggan.
Looks like Pickett will go to GWS, Weller to GC & De Goey/LaVerde to Coll/GWS.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back