List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

If Laverde slipped through to us (1% chance) then that would be insane to pass him up. I don't see that happening though.
I think we'll take a Mid and it will be out of Weller,De Goey, Duggen or Ellis. I'm getting the feeling were heavy into Weller or Duggen.

I can't see Laverde sliding to us either but it certainly isn't out of the realms of possibility.

By the sounds of it, Pickett is the top target for GWS, Gold Coast, Geelong, West Coast. If the reason he is so highly valued for those four teams is pace, suddenly the worth of Ahern, De Goey and Cockatoo all shoot up as well. If GWS take Pickett before all the next three teams selections, its not out of the realm of possibility that Laverde slips.

Think he won't get past Geelong though. Same with Wright. Wells is the best in the business.

If Laverde slipped through to us (1% chance) then that would be insane to pass him up. I don't see that happening though.
I think we'll take a Mid and it will be out of Weller,De Goey, Duggen or Ellis. I'm getting the feeling were heavy into Weller or Duggen.

How does Conner B compare to those guys ?? Just asking cos I like what he brings..

So from that it would seem the only two teams that could take Wright would be GC and Geelong.
Would Gold Coast want a KP player?

Probably in need of a KPB than a KPF/ Ruck. They have a surplus of ruckmen (Smith, Gorringe, Nicholls) and they have big forwards (Lynch, Dixon, May) who can all spend time in the ruck. Can see them going Lever/ Marchbank/ Goddard/ Durdin over McCartin or Wright if they fell.

I
How does Conner B compare to those guys ?? Just asking cos I like what he brings..
I watched Blakely at the championships and his skills are not elite. Big body, got contested ball finder but I don't think he is the player we should be after at 12. Weller Duggen and De Goey are very skilled and have a bit of X factor which could become something special under the right system.

I
I watched Blakely at the championships and his skills are not elite. Big body, got contested ball finder but I don't think he is the player we should be after at 12. Weller Duggen and De Goey are very skilled and have a bit of X factor which could become something special under the right system.

I agree with this. Not insofar as the qualities of Blakely (I can't profess to say I know to much about him) but I think our team is constantly crying out for x-factor type players. I think Lennon can be one. Possibly even Gordon and Lloyd. But we should have a possibility of adding a genuine midfielder that has x-factor.

GWS and GC would be stupid to pass on KPD of the quality on offer in this draft. They already have extremely talented midfields and GWS especially very talented forward lines but bare down back.

Hopefully Twomey and Anderson are right and they take Goddard at 6 or 7.

Interesting that he's only got Lever as a possibility to Collingwood along with 3 others. I wonder if he could slide?

If Lever slides to us after not getting picked 3 or 4 as some suggested he is a nobrainer for us at 12.Ahead of Wright, Durdin and your mids.

Cannot see it happening and I would be surprised if he gets past 4. I think Pies are playing ducks and drakes at 5 atm

Goddard provided pretty good rebound at last years national championship. The constant switching of positions this year perhaps stopped him from showing his ability to rebound as he often as he can. Was rather laughable that the Vic Country and Falcons coach were so incessant on him becoming a key forward at the start of the season when it was evident from the off that he was much suited to reading the ball playing in defence rather than forward.

Probably in need of a KPB than a KPF/ Ruck. They have a surplus of ruckmen (Smith, Gorringe, Nicholls) and they have big forwards (Lynch, Dixon, May) who can all spend time in the ruck. Can see them going Lever/ Marchbank/ Goddard/ Durdin over McCartin or Wright if they fell.

May is a gun back! Probably be AA next year for them!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If both Durdin and Wright slipped then I'd say Durdin.

Right now the whole top ten is slipping to pick 12!

A player that I haven't seen any of that sounds interesting is Lamb. Anyone have any info? Would he be a reach at 12? Still there at 32?

If both Durdin and Wright slipped then I'd say Durdin.

Right now the whole top ten is slipping to pick 12!

A player that I haven't seen any of that sounds interesting is Lamb. Anyone have any info? Would he be a reach at 12? Still there at 32?

Possible that he is their at 32. Recruiters are very mixed and critical of their ratings of him and whilst is it unlikely that he last to our second round, with the number of bolters this year anything could happen.

Presuming Wright is gone I'd be hoping for.

12: Paul Ahern (seems like GWS more keen on Pickett than Ahern so could get through)
33: Dean Gore (ready to go, good pace and skills and would release Vlastuin into the middle)
52: Nathan Drummond (has the pace we desperately lack and can play anywhere. Need to fix up his skills though)
70: Billy Evans/Peter Bampton (either one. Inside Footy has neither getting drafted :eek: )

Rookie 1: Shane Yarran (Chris' cousin, been in jail since he was a kid but has everything we need in terms of pace and x-factor in the forward line. Hopefully matured a bit now)
Rookie 2: Michael Hartley (haven't seen him but big KPD which I think we need for cover)
Rookie 3: Tom Templeton (run and carry type. Would give us a player who can gain a lot of metres with not a heap of touches)
Rookie 4: Shannon Taylor ( small forward with pace and can play up on a wing. Not sure he gets drafted at all though unfortunately.)

In jail since he was a kid? His pace can't be that good to be getting caught by the 5 O so often!

I almost passed out when I read this because I rolled my eyes so hard.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back