List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Bootsma has bragging rights that in the three games that he played against the Tigers he won the lot .In the best players in all three games .

Even ty Zantuck had a couple of good games. At least we got rid of him because we knew he was a shit player

So who is your saviour now Stevie Seagal is too blind to eye gouge properly these days? Kreuzer for the games he can play without a Zimmer frame? Or the only footballer slower than Relton Roberts in Dirty?

Even ty Zantuck had a couple of good games. At least we got rid of him because we knew he was a shit player

So who is your saviour now Stevie Seagal is too blind to eye gouge properly these days? Kreuzer for the games he can play without a Zimmer frame? Or the only footballer slower than Relton Roberts in Dirty?
Reading their board, Looks like Whiley is better than Miles and almost on par with Jobe /mitchell.Kennedy

Bootsma has bragging rights that in the three games that he played against the Tigers he won the lot .In the best players in all three games .
Yeah he was in our best players like when he got caught by McGuane of all people lulz

If Pickett drops to #12 - We would be crazy not to take him
I think we will take Duggan provided laverde,Weller,Pickett,Ahern are gone but never know with FJ , He may rate De Goey higher
Cockatoo is more a #20-#30 pick becuase he didnt play games in 2014 but if he had id rate him top 10-15 he has just turned 18 so massive upside and i wouldnt mind if we reached for him - But we wont and will be either at the Roo's or Dogs with their 2nd round picks
Pickett a yes...not sold on Duggan at 12...all the footage I've seen of him, his kicking is a bit hit and miss
De Goey seems more accomplished...but Cockatoo is the Jack in the box...let's go all out for Nakia...some might say risky...for mine...and others he looks a steal at 12...heck he looks a game changing player...fast as lighting...pure footballer, strong and accurate...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what's with all this cockatoo talk? we don't need another Tambling, Oakley-Nichols, Nahas, Garlett, Yarran, skinny xfactard on our side that shows up once every third quarter to dribble one through from the boundary line while we're already 70 points down, we can't afford to pick this type of player and hope it works out anymore.. We need a big body that is going to show up every week, gut run both ways, play smart football, throw themselves at every contest and ffs someone that can hit a target..

To hell with these inconsistent waste of space 'xfactor' types.. you need to start with a footballer that can run out a game first and if he turns out to be able to kick it over his face with three blokes hanging off him from the pocket then great.. otherwise we'll be begging someone to take them off our hands in a couple of seasons for picks 40+

The club thinks mids are a priority.................just thought that might have been an important thing to note.

From Dan Richardson:
"Particularly in a contested ball-winning capacity, so the likes of Dustin (Martin), Brett Deledio, Reece Conca and Brandon Ellis can play a little bit more on the outside."
“Then some genuine outside speed will probably be the way we go later in the draft.”

Seems to me inside mids are a priority over outside speed. Another point worth noting I thought.
There has been nomention of any other type of player we would be interested in from the club both in trading and drafting. But you hang your hat on KPF's, defenders, small forwards and whatever else you think is important.

I obviously have no idea.

Perhaps we differ in opinion on outside speed versus inside grunt players.... If you read my post I pointed out that we do need mids. You just appear to be getting a touch defensive because I called you out on dissing a poster's opinion for no stated reason.... When you are able to articulate your viewpoints more clearly as you did above (even using quotes), it makes it so much more informative and useful for all concerned. Simply telling posters to try again or whatever you said is disrespectful and adds nothing to the forum. If you think it does then yes.... you have no idea. ;)

There are some impressive names on that list, I have no doubt about Cotchin & Rance signing on with Richmond during the year
Cotchin will probably sign early & Will be on around $800k with Rance around the $600k mark, Unfortunately the landscape has changed and we will be paying them more than we expected 12-18 months ago.

But with the retirements of Jackson,King & Also delisting of some other players that are not really doing much Hampson and retirements of Newman,Knights & possibly foley we should have plenty in the cap to sign these boys and bring in 1 maybe 2 free agents

Nathan Jones
Scott Selwood
Patrick Dangerfield
Rory Sloan
Brent Stanton
Robbie Gray

These are the players i would be most interested in but also remember reading somewhere that we were very heavily into Douglas & Kruezer

Delisting a player when in contract doesn't save us space in the cap as we still have to pay him unless we can fit it all into the 2015 TPP.....

Get the impression from all of the press on the RFC site that we're targeting the best available contested ball mid.. Later picks will address speed on the outside.. Would be wrapped if Garlett lasted till our second pick.. Couldn't see Cockatoo still there.

Doubtful.... you could be rapt though. Just thought I'd save you time in the future ;), you are most welcome!

What a dick!

Rocker Deegan has changed his club to RICHMOND, and is now on other boards trolling stupid shit about us (ie how we would love to get Robbo to our club and anyone would love him, giving shit to other clubs because we are on the cusp of our twelfth flag)

I think trolling with an alt account is just stupid, but how ****ing lazy are you when you trolling by using your own account, changing your club name, and think that no one will notice your 180o change?

Lololololol is every Carlton flog this inbred and stupid?

Hey THE_GUN, you mentioned a few times that Cockatoo isn't the type we'd go for... and that we won't take the risk on him.

While he may not quite be seen as being in the 12 best kids in the draft pool, he does seem like the type of player (playing style, attributes) we would be after. Wins his own ball, seems a solid kick etc. What about him do you see as being risky? I'm assuming it's more than a race/culture thing, yeah?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back