List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

For those who dont have a clue can you please explain there credentials?
De Goey is a midfielder with smarts. He can win the ball and use it well, and always seems to be in the right position at the right time. He doesn't get huge numbers of possessions but uses them well and can play a number of positions, including as a midfielder, half-back and half-forward. Most clubs see De Goey as a first-round prospectand deservedly so. Great kick, and has a natural feel for the game.

Duggan has had a really good year and continues to develop his game. He started the season playing mainly as a half-back or on the wing but has also proved he can be used as an inside midfielder. Uses the ball with poise on his left side and does things with a minimum of fuss. Won the AIS-AFL Academy's Ben Mitchell Medal, awarded to the player who best represents the values of the program.

De Goey is a midfielder with smarts. He can win the ball and use it well, and always seems to be in the right position at the right time. He doesn't get huge numbers of possessions but uses them well and can play a number of positions, including as a midfielder, half-back and half-forward. Most clubs see De Goey as a first-round prospectand deservedly so. Great kick, and has a natural feel for the game.

Duggan has had a really good year and continues to develop his game. He started the season playing mainly as a half-back or on the wing but has also proved he can be used as an inside midfielder. Uses the ball with poise on his left side and does things with a minimum of fuss. Won the AIS-AFL Academy's Ben Mitchell Medal, awarded to the player who best represents the values of the program.

Legend!

For those who dont have a clue can you please explain there credentials?

Nakia Cockatoo

Great read with this link http://boundforglorynews.com/2014-draft-profile-nakia-cockatoo/

I love the below quotes.

"Through the midfield Cockatoo has a nice balance between inside and outside game. Possessing elite acceleration and a fantastic top speed, if Cockatoo decides to attempt to win a ground ball, he’s hard to stop as he just gets there first."

Why I want him and I believe he wont last to our second rounder is the kid has had injuries but has battled through them. To me that shows perseverance. He is also 188cm and can play back, mid and forward. He would be a perfect small defender as his pace and footy smarts will allow him to stay with them and more often then not beat them. He has elite burst speed and is a great user of the ball as well.

The knock on him is that he has not had a full season and also being used all over the ground, he has the jack of all trades tag. Personally if i was Dimma, I would grab him and plonk him as our main small defender and keep him there. That will teach him about the importance of running both ways and defending. Once after 2 seasons then release him into the midfield as to me, a 188 cm solid built mid who has elite speed...well, thats worth its weight in gold. Also he would replace Houli eventually or replace Morris after a season or two.

Nakia Cockatoo

Great read with this link http://boundforglorynews.com/2014-draft-profile-nakia-cockatoo/

I love the below quotes.

"Through the midfield Cockatoo has a nice balance between inside and outside game. Possessing elite acceleration and a fantastic top speed, if Cockatoo decides to attempt to win a ground ball, he’s hard to stop as he just gets there first."

Why I want him and I believe he wont last to our second rounder is the kid has had injuries but has battled through them. To me that shows perseverance. He is also 188cm and can play back, mid and forward. He would be a perfect small defender as his pace and footy smarts will allow him to stay with them and more often then not beat them. He has elite burst speed and is a great user of the ball as well.

The knock on him is that he has not had a full season and also being used all over the ground, he has the jack of all trades tag. Personally if i was Dimma, I would grab him and plonk him as our main small defender and keep him there. That will teach him about the importance of running both ways and defending. Once after 2 seasons then release him into the midfield as to me, a 188 cm solid built mid who has elite speed...well, thats worth its weight in gold. Also he would replace Houli eventually or replace Morris after a season or two.

What a novel idea:rolleyes::p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the limited footage ive seen i really like the look of Duggan

Feel the same, hence why i want him at 12. He wont last to the 20's or 30's
I want Cockatoo. But not if there's someone better available. Would love to get him with our second round pick, but it's seeming unlikely, isn't it. Although Bigfooty cult status doesn't always correlate with what club thinking.

I want Cockatoo. But not if there's someone better available. Would love to get him with our second round pick, but it's seeming unlikely, isn't it. Although Bigfooty cult status doesn't always correlate with what club thinking.
I still have nightmares of JON :(

Dont want to tarnish Cockatoo with the same brush but agreed Bigfooty cult status is a dangerous thing to get hooked into

Pick the best kid avaliable at 12

Nakia Cockatoo

I love the below quotes.

I Love Nakia Cockatoo and would be stoked to get him with our 1st selection 'IF' Leverde,Ahern,Weller,Pickett,Lever are all gone and i see him above the likes of Duggan & De Goey , I have no doubt that had Nakia had a full season he would be top 10 if not top 5 player in this years draft 18 months - 2 years ago i had him at the same level as patracca and they have similar attributes with Nakia being faster and a better leap but Patracca having the bigger tank and a better inside game than Nakia. I also am not too concerned about the beep test time as he has had an interupted season which must have an impact imo.

The player i think of the most with Cockatoo is Morabito at under age level and he went #4 in the Martin,Scully,Trengove Draft , Its time to take a chance with these types of players as other teams have done in the past that has been looking for cream to top off their midfields

If we can Nab 2 of Cockatoo,Garlett,Menadue - I would be stoked
SPEED , SPEED , SPEED

I Love Nakia Cockatoo and would be stoked to get him with our 1st selection 'IF' Leverde,Ahern,Weller,Pickett,Lever are all gone and i see him above the likes of Duggan & De Goey , I have no doubt that had Nakia had a full season he would be top 10 if not top 5 player in this years draft 18 months - 2 years ago i had him at the same level as patracca and they have similar attributes with Nakia being faster and a better leap but Patracca having the bigger tank and a better inside game than Nakia. I also am not too concerned about the beep test time as he has had an interupted season which must have an impact imo.

The player i think of the most with Cockatoo is Morabito at under age level and he went #4 in the Martin,Scully,Trengove Draft , Its time to take a chance with these types of players as other teams have done in the past that has been looking for cream to top off their midfields

If we can Nab 2 of Cockatoo,Garlett,Menadue - I would be stoked
SPEED , SPEED , SPEED
We have no chance of that with picks 12 and 33

You never know , There are sliders every year Garlett/ Menadue could slip to #33
Mitch Honeychurch / Jay Kennedy Harris last year
The above a re way better players, but yes you never know. Just call it wishful RFC thinking

Nakia Cockatoo

I love the below quotes.

I read this and now i'm sold.

Get Cockatoo! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back