List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion

Who would you like us to select with our first round pick right now? (Wright & Durdin excluded)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
CHB athletic tall: Goddard, Durdin, Lever, Moore

Strong tall forward: McCartin, McKenzie, Watchman

all those in the U18s side

I couldn't tell you about the TAC cup though
but there is probably some KPFs that got overlooked for the state teams because they sorta top up on midfielders & sometimes use the tall midfielders to play KPP roles o_O I hope certain players been played out of position isn't messing with their chance of been taken in the draft, because that would be disappointing for a young player

Wright? Keitel?

Wright? Keitel?
He asked for my top 3 and Wright is more your ruck/forward then just a big Full Forward
would be the same as when we were playing Minson up at full forward when Hudson was the number one ruck

I only added Moore because I do rate him but know we're no chance to get him since Collingwood would likely take him at their next pick f/s

You can add Fox to that list of strong Fowards. Going to be interesting if he plays as a full forward for at least one match. I remember last year he went on a rampage in one game and kicked 6 goals. Very, very good contested mark considering he needs to put on about 10 or so kg's.

probably why he was in Tassies best the other day even though he only kicked one goal probably took about 5-6 contested marks and had a good day ruck wise.
I really don't expect us to get McCartin though and I haven't seen Fox, so I only put the ones I've actually seen play :p

Thanks. What pick do you think he'll go at?
I don't really know who needs a key forward, I only really think about our list

but probably 10-30; for us at our first pick would be a big reach though
doesn't get enough of the ball when his side aren't on top but once he haves the ball he is class

Haven't read this thread for a while, but looking at the fixtures to come i think we are looking at Pick 6.

Unless we completely fall in a heap the only team passing us is Richmond, and Carlton will drop below us.

I hope that's enough to get the player we want.

Haven't read this thread for a while, but looking at the fixtures to come i think we are looking at Pick 6.

Unless we completely fall in a heap the only team passing us is Richmond, and Carlton will drop below us.

I hope that's enough to get the player we want.

Only game I have inked in for a win is Saints (Carl also play Saints). GWS and Melb look tricky. Run home looks even tougher if Grif and Rough not fit for a while. We could be playing last round against GWS to see who gets Pick 3 or 6.

Pick 7- Liam Duggan (183cm midfielder)
Pick 27- Reece McKenzie (196cm KPF)
Pick 45- Zaine Cordy (191cm Defender)
Pick 63- Josh Fox (198cm KPF)

PSD - kids who missed out fight to get remaining list spot. Preferably a midfielder for balance.

Rookie Draft
Grace, a KPD, Re-rookie Jong, Foster.

PSD - kids who missed out fight to get remaining list spot. Preferably a midfielder for balance.

Rookie Draft

I'd just swap Grace with Menadue ;) think we'd be hoping to grab another steal late in the draft
like with Honey to cap off what should be a good draft *fingers crossed*

I'd just swap Grace with Menadue ;) think we'd be hoping to grab another steal late in the draft
like with Honey to cap off what should be a good draft *fingers crossed*
Think it will be whoever manages to fall through unexpectedly ie how the Saints got Eli Templeton. Wouldn't mind Dan Howe from the Bushies.

Think it will be whoever manages to fall through unexpectedly ie how the Saints got Eli Templeton. Wouldn't mind Dan Howe from the Bushies.

as much as I also like Drummond, his kicking is poor
but needs to play some consistent footy to be able to see if that improves

I like Darcy Cameron as a young ruck for the rookie list, that didn't get picked up last year
think of him more as that Ben McEvoy type ruck

I haven't seen enough footage of Dan Howe yet, I wouldn't mind if one-two of our rookie picks we were looking for players with x-factor
not project players but have a talent they're just exceptional at i.e Jeremy Howe with his marking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

as much as I also like Drummond, his kicking is poor
but needs to play some consistent footy to be able to see if that improves

I like Darcy Cameron as a young ruck for the rookie list, that didn't get picked up last year
think of him more as that Ben McEvoy type ruck

I haven't seen enough footage of Dan Howe yet, I wouldn't mind if one-two of our rookie picks we were looking for players with x-factor
not project players but have a talent they're just exceptional at i.e Jeremy Howe with his marking
Saw a tiny bit of him in the last video on the afl site that showed him taking a speaky nothing apart from that despite his form. Need more though.

Edit: Sounds a bit like a Bob Murphy style swingman. Hopefully we get some more footage of him

Last edited:
Saw a tiny bit of him in the last video on the afl site that showed him taking a speaky nothing apart from that despite his form. Need more though.
I won't be disappointed if we ended up with Hugh Goddard, obviously hasn't had a great year this year
but our recruiters will have watched previous years he has played in mind; unlikely we take Lever when we'll likely take Zaine later in the draft

Duggan having trained with us could help his chances, especially if he impressed with his time at the club. I think its brilliant how he was the 'go-to' guy that his team mates were looking for and he might not get the same amount of disposals as say Brayshaw or Petracca; but he can play inside and still use it cleanly

Are you heading to Simmonds to watch the double header? I shall be, Igloo you thinking of heading? Maybe this time we'll go ask JMac some questions :p

as curious as I am about our first round pick, I am even more curious who gets to our second round pick; I think that whoever we take at our first will change who we take in the second; so if we take Goddard at our first, probably go for Mid/HBF with clean kicking skills...maybe Jackson Nelson and then Zaine in the 3rd...would mean 3 lads from Geelong Falcons though :p

Rookie Draft
no Pickett at pick 7 ?

no Pickett at pick 7 ?
can't choose two ;)

should watch the U18 game on Foxtel and get in on the draft talk

Pickett would have to be one of my favourites though, has both foot skills and pace
Duggan is probably not too different from Gilbee though, known as the best kick or one of in the draft :eek:

Are you heading to Simmonds to watch the double header? I shall be, Igloo you thinking of heading? Maybe this time we'll go ask JMac some questions :p
I'll be there. Should be there for both, but not sure yet.

I'm liking the idea of Duggan more as time goes on. If only we had a compo pick to activate after our first pick :(

can't choose two ;)

should watch the U18 game on Foxtel and get in on the draft talk

Pickett would have to be one of my favourites though, has both foot skills and pace
Duggan is probably not too different from Gilbee though, known as the best kick or one of in the draft :eek:
I have seen a little bit of Pickett he looks good love his pace , think he can be a star if his heads right and wants to be an afl player , haven't seen duggan just some highlights on here

I'll be there. Should be there for both, but not sure yet.
I'll keep you up to date if you miss any and try not to cross off too many players before you do

I might have to get some binoculars from somewhere, so I don't miss a thing this time as well

I'm liking the idea of Duggan more as time goes on. If only we had a compo pick to activate after our first pick :(
or downgraded our picks, I'd definitely grab Duggan at around Gold Coasts first pick; which might seem like a bolter but really its not
the Gold Coast board love Weller, could be possible he goes before their pick; so perhaps if they desperately wanted him they might do a deal

perhaps we might end up tossing our second rounder in their with our first for Gold Coasts two picks and their second rounder, but that seems like we're getting a bit ripped off unless they added a player...I dunno; its too complicated :p

I'll keep you up to date if you miss any and try not to cross off too many players before you do

I might have to get some binoculars from somewhere, so I don't miss a thing this time as well

or downgraded our picks, I'd definitely grab Duggan at around Gold Coasts first pick; which might seem like a bolter but really its not
the Gold Coast board love Weller, could be possible he goes before their pick; so perhaps if they desperately wanted him they might do a deal

perhaps we might end up tossing our second rounder in their with our first for Gold Coasts two picks and their second rounder, but that seems like we're getting a bit ripped off unless they added a player...I dunno; its too complicated :p
if we did have picks say 13 - 14 , who do we take ? Duggan and kietel ? I see Pickett going top 5

if we did have picks say 13 - 14 , who do we take ? Duggan and kietel ? I see Pickett going top 5
I could even see GC going for Pickett if they got that pick to be honest
love their WA players

if they were at our picks, I would be pleased with those two choices
means we could go for another good ball user rather then take what KPF fell to us
and hopefully grab another KPP come later in the draft

Duggan, Keitel, Blakely, Cordy, Neilson would be a good draft for quality and depth

then Fox, Foster and Darcy Cameron in the rookie draft or one (that is not Foster) in the PSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back