AFLW AFLW/VFLW 2024 - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like pick 1 again this year? Challenge will be improving, otherwise all these high draft picks will begin to look elsewhere... or be lured there. (While AFLW HQ look the other way... again.)

Likely pick 1, but we do play Collingwood this coming Sunday and they have been forced to use VFLW players due to their injury count and lost Bri Davey last night to concussion. So there is a chance we could pinch a win there.

Not sure I have missed this but what is going on with Eleanor Brown?

I believe its concussion related, still not 100%. Disappointing, because she was one player who you could really see was developing well.

Correct, she received a concussion in the R10 2022B match against Carlton and has not played since. She was on the inactive list last season but has been put back onto the primary list this season, suggesting she is intending/closer to a return. We've really missed her, especially her composure and aerial prowess.

Tonight we will be fielding our least experienced team since R7 2022A with Brisbane having close to 400 games more experience than us.

Really hope to see our senior players step up tonight, it's their time to take the reins. I just don't want to see us fall into the old ball watching when we don't have the footy, bring pressure around the ball.

Western Bulldogs / Brisbane - R4 2024 - Springfield Central Stadium

Avg. Career Games
: 24.0 / 42.1
Median Career Games: 22 / 52

1-10 Games Experience: 8 / 2
11-30 Games Experience: 4 / 5
31-49 Games Experience: 6 / 2
50+ Games Experience: 3 / 12

Avg. Age: 23.8 / 25.0

Under 21 Years Old: 7 / 3
Aged 21-24 Years Old: 7 / 11
Over 25 Years Old: 7 / 7

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from Blackburn and Edmonds, all the experienced players we kept have gone completely backwards. Whilst others are flourishing at other clubs. Berry and Fitzgerald in particular have regressed rapidly.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW AFLW/VFLW 2024 - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back