Mega Thread 2014 Free Agency and Trade discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He is SA but Scott Lycett is out of contract at the end of the season
I say lets go for him now because with Natanui there is almost no chance of being the Weagles number 1 ruck in his career

No idea about his contract status, but Callum Sinclair?

I think he is in contract but he is behind Lycett in the pecking order so I dont see why not

Sinclair would cost us heaps less and would be an upgrade on Spencer imo. I wonder if our old mate Hannath from the Dockers would want to come across? He'd be more of a chance to get a game than behind Sandi and Zac Clarke.

Sinclair would cost us heaps less and would be an upgrade on Spencer imo. I wonder if our old mate Hannath from the Dockers would want to come across? He'd be more of a chance to get a game than behind Sandi and Zac Clarke.

They also have Jon Griffin who has fallen down the pecking order as well, Jeepers those WA teams value their ruck divisions

I've maintained if chip goes we offer the bombers our compo pick for Carlisle and there end of first round selection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Treloar is their best mid on my opinion (I know he's signed, I'm just commenting).

They have a ridiculous level of midfield depth - when you think our their forward stocks, it's quite scary what we'll be up against in 3 years+ time.

Treloar (and Ward) are their best, but they're not going to let Shiel go (or Coniglio, Whitfield, Kelly, Smith, etc).

I assume they have to whittle their list down again this year? Having a flick through their list (Footywire)...
Greene - would need to be a good offer, but they might cut their losses on him. Stagnated a bit since the first year and disposal isn't great, but worth discussing.
Tomlinson - like what I've seen, would cost us but is stuck behind some high end talent
Buntine - hasn't played near the level he was expected to
Jaksch - haven't seen much of him, but another one stuck behind a lot of top draft picks
O'Rourke - reckon he'd get a game with us, and hasn't done a lot up there

Greene - no thanks.

Eh, can see why you'd feel that way, but with a bit more polish he'd be very useful. I'm not sold on whether he'll end up being a solid player and I can see him dropping further and further down the pecking order at GWS as more of their gun picks come good. He's either a work in progress or 2 or 3 years from being delisted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back