Mega Thread 2014 Free Agency and Trade discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't see the point of recruiting anyone 28+. We've got Cross and Vince as older players running through the middle plus Nate Jones - how many do you need to "mentor" the young players? We're building for the future, not trying to cement our spot as one of the better bad teams in the competition.

Don't see the point of recruiting anyone 28+. We've got Cross and Vince as older players running through the middle plus Nate Jones - how many do you need to "mentor" the young players? We're building for the future, not trying to cement our spot as one of the better bad teams in the competition.

The only +28 players I would consider now would be if someone like Nick Malceski came on the market so he could teach our smaller backs which options to take coming out of defence

The only +28 players I would consider now would be if someone like Nick Malceski came on the market so he could teach our smaller backs which options to take coming out of defence
Malceski's out of contract and also is a free agent this year. I agree with you 100%.

How could you not think the David Mundy would improve our side?

He'd cost us nothing either - probably just take Nicholsons place on the list.

He would cost a **** load of cash and it would mess up our Frawley compo which Roos clearly wants to trade.

The Cats didn't give him Ablett's 29 for no reason... Slim to no chance he would be available, let alone want to leave.

We should sign Franklin, Fyfe, Heppell, Cameron, Prestia and Rockliff. And then sign Mundy to mentor them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would pay 400-500K for Malceski, providing that he is a good educator. He's a brilliant reader, decision maker and executor of the footy. If he could teach some of our defenders how to rebound and use the footy as well as he would, then 500K is nothing. The only area of our defence that is below par is disposal, Roos would certainly be the one to know if he's worth it, and I wouldn't be surprised if we nabbed him. Missed a fair bit of footy through the years, so I'd say he still has 3 years left in him.

Would pay 400-500K for Malceski, providing that he is a good educator. He's a brilliant reader, decision maker and executor of the footy. If he could teach some of our defenders how to rebound and use the footy as well as he would, then 500K is nothing. The only area of our defence that is below par is disposal, Roos would certainly be the one to know if he's worth it, and I wouldn't be surprised if we nabbed him. Missed a fair bit of footy through the years, so I'd say he still has 3 years left in him.

As much coaching as you can try and cram in on the training track sometimes cant even come close to watching someone do it from your perspective
Malco's a gun but the only way I could see him leaving is if the swans win the flag again and have some more salary cap Issues thanks to the Budwah and we are able to give him money he just couldnt see at the swans

Although they will lose Goodes and Okeefe out of the cap

I really like the idea of Tom Mitchell and Zac Jones/Dean Towers from Sydney in exchange for our first pick and maybe a swap of third rounders(or whatever it was).

Then a massive dip at Dangerfield next year!

I really like the idea of Tom Mitchell and Zac Jones/Dean Towers from Sydney in exchange for our first pick and maybe a swap of third rounders(or whatever it was).

Then a massive dip at Dangerfield next year!
It was our first and second rounders for Mitchell and Jones, but I said that as a joke :p No chance Sydney would agree to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back