Mega Thread 2014 Free Agency and Trade discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you understand why Dangerfield would want to come to us though? I couldn't.

Paul Roos is a dark sorcerer. No further explanation required.

Wake me when we actually sign someone.

I know you guys are big on the idea of trading picks on for players (and this could happen regardless), but I recall Roos said something when he took over about the big problem being between the ears of the players (call it losing culture or whatever).

Could it just be that he's OK with moving on players who 'need a fresh start' so that, at the very least he can get fresh minds in?
There could be some truth to this, however it is balanced against his desire for immediate improvement. He's stated publicly that "the supporters won't cop another rebuild" and his mantra has never been youth driven. He is a fan of trading picks and players to bring in established players, and Mahoney saying that we'd be very open to using picks 2 & 3 in the draft raised some eyebrows, partly for this reason.

But I think it's true that he sees the "mental scarring" as a very real issue which in some cases is best dealt with by moving players on.

I've given up trying to make a read on it. Who knows what the **** to believe. Thursday 2pm can't come quick enough.

Exactly. All these pretenders saying they know the inside word on who we are after, and making up riddles. Seriously. w***ers!! They can't lose really. We land a big fish, they say I told you so(when really they told us nothing), and if we don't land anyone, they turn around and tell us the potential deal fell through.

Anyone who believes we will land 2 A Grade mids in this trade period, while keeping our 2nd pick are delusional. This rubbish about birds etc. The guys a jerk off stirring up the place and there is so many posts trying to guess the rubbish he's dishing out.

I have no doubt Roos & co. are trying to land someone. My guess is still from GWS. It just makes the most sense. Maybe not an A grader, but a potential A grader like Dom. But I'm sure they are throwing the net far and wide to see who might take the bait. But I'm sure we would have heard something by now if anything was in the pipeline. You know, a player doing a medical, or touring our facilities etc. We have heard nothing, literally. I mean, the Lamumba or Frost deals aren't even over the line yet. There are going to be a lot of disappointed(what's new) MFC supporters come Thursday 2pm(which isn't that far away tbh).

The longer this goes without an actual name getting out the more and more convinced I am we are just trying to see if any club is willing to give up a star for 3+12. I doubt there is anything actually likely to happen I just reckon we are exploring our options (as we should be) If nothing comes up I expect we'll hold onto Trengove and take 2+3 to the draft. GNF is taking the piss on Demonland.

Exactly. All these pretenders saying they know the inside word on who we are after, and making up riddles. Seriously. ******s!! They can't lose really. We land a big fish, they say I told you so(when really they told us nothing), and if we don't land anyone, they turn around and tell us the potential deal fell through.

Anyone who believes we will land 2 A Grade mids in this trade period, while keeping our 2nd pick are delusional. This rubbish about birds etc. The guys a jerk off stirring up the place and there is so many posts trying to guess the rubbish he's dishing out.

I have no doubt Roos & co. are trying to land someone. My guess is still from GWS. It just makes the most sense. Maybe not an A grader, but a potential A grader like Dom. But I'm sure they are throwing the net far and wide to see who might take the bait. But I'm sure we would have heard something by now if anything was in the pipeline. You know, a player doing a medical, or touring our facilities etc. We have heard nothing, literally. I mean, the Lamumba or Frost deals aren't even over the line yet. There are going to be a lot of disappointed(what's new) MFC supporters come Thursday 2pm(which isn't that far away tbh).
The only counter to this is, when did we learn about Dom Tyson? My memory is sketchy at the best of times, but I don't recall hearing anything about it until practically the day it was announced.

I'm not discounting anything at this stage tbh.

The recalling of players - clearly yes

Giving up 3 x players all 23 & under
&
Giving up 3 x high draft picks
= Paying overs & being bent over

It won't happen anyway

We bring in Dangerfield and Kennedy without giving up anyone who is going to impact our season next year, would be the greatest trading coup since Essendon got Lloyd and Lucas for Delaney and Ridley!

Well, just got home from work to wade through today's 13 ****ING PAGES of activity in this thread, to get a read on what is going down.

The only conclusion I've come to is that I need drugs. Hard drugs.

Paul Roos is a dark sorcerer. No further explanation required.

Wake me when we actually sign someone.

Hi

AFL+Rd+6+Carlton+v+Melbourne+PzYsL48oHSrx.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only counter to this is, when did we learn about Dom Tyson? My memory is sketchy at the best of times, but I don't recall hearing anything about it until practically the day it was announced.

I'm not discounting anything at this stage tbh.

From memory it was early in week 2 of trade period. We'd looked at plenty of other players and been knocked back prior and then after it was finalised we had a few days where nothing was happening for us because we'd sorted out everything we wanted to do.

From memory it was early in week 2 of trade period. We'd looked at plenty of other players and been knocked back prior and then after it was finalised we had a few days where nothing was happening for us because we'd sorted out everything we wanted to do.
I'll bow to your recollection. I remember it coming as a bit of a surprise with his name mentioned in passing at best.

Had a mate tell me that Trenners failed his medical, apparently the crack in his foot is worse than thought and Tigers are no longer interested, anyone else hear this?

I'll bow to your recollection. I remember it coming as a bit of a surprise with his name mentioned in passing at best.

Yeah it was but prior to us getting him we were looking at sloane and Scott Selwood among others. The fact that we settled on Tyson gave Barrett enough ammunition to fire off his Scattergun. Despite admitting he'd never seen Dom Tyson play.

Had a mate tell me that Trenners failed his medical, apparently the crack in his foot is worse than thought and Tigers are no longer interested, anyone else hear this?

This is the rumor on land

Hearing the deal is done and will be announced soon. I know you have your memorial, so I am surprised as well as i figured tomorrow. Just passing it on.

See this. This is why trade week rumours are ****ing stupid.

If that's the case, Richmond's medical staff are much better than ours and independent surgeons who cleared Trenners - either way, lets hope we hang on to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back