Mega Thread 2014 Free Agency and Trade discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there seems to be an absence of a certain ornithological piece. A headline regarding mass awareness of a certain avian variety.
Oh haven't you heard? It was my understanding that everyone had heard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I woke up three times last night to check twitter on my phone for some news.

I'm sick.

First thing I did when I woke up was check Twitter too...

Have a very bad feeling about Trengove. Good as gone, for mine.

Yep and nothing to show for it but riddles and a shaky promise from a demonland poster.

Christ, Melbourne what the hell are you doing...

If Trenners gets traded tomorrow it won't take long until we know what we are doing with 12. They would already have another deal ready to go pending the Richmond trade. The 2nd set of paperwork would already be drawn up.

Given we came to you with 12 and you didn't go hunting it, I wonder if there is in fact a grand plan as discussed or if you just wanted to improve your draft position?

I'm of the opinion that trengove goes nowhere unless the club is 100% certain that the compensation for him is a "sure thing" whether it be player or a pick to be on traded. As the club has mentioned it is aware of how popular he is with fans, that means this decision is not made lightly.

The only other thing I can think of is that we throw out 2 & 3 for gun players and the JT9 pick is used to get us back into the first round. He goes nowhere unless its for a gun or 10/12

I'm of the opinion that trengove goes nowhere unless the club is 100% certain that the compensation for him is a "sure thing" whether it be player or a pick to be on traded. As the club has mentioned it is aware of how popular he is with fans, that means this decision is not made lightly.

The only other thing I can think of is that we throw out 2 & 3 for gun players and the JT9 pick is used to get us back into the first round. He goes nowhere unless its for a gun or 10/12

If we're using 2+3 on a gun and using 12 in the draft I'd rather we just keep him. We're more likely that he recovers from his injury than drafting a good player out of round 1.

If the Trengove trade fails to go through the Tigers board will go into meltdown. I've never seen supporters get so excited over such an ordinary player. I'd take pick 12 and run.

If the Trengove trade fails to go through the Tigers board will go into meltdown. I've never seen supporters get so excited over such an ordinary player. I'd take pick 12 and run.

If we don't get a gun he'll make us look silly.

We're not just getting 12, we're losing 23. We're already paying overs, The only thing that would make it tolerable is if we trade in a star out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back