Mega Thread 2014 Free Agency and Trade discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adelaide wouldn't accept.

Dangerfield is probably worth more than Picks 2 and 3 alone - a ready-made top 5-10 midfielder, captain, in his prime, plenty of years left.

Tex Walker >>>>>>>> Trengove.

I doubt the Crows would even accept Dangerfield and Walker for 2, 3, Trengove and Watts.

Did you miss the part where they are all out of contract next year?
Yeah the crows would never willfully trade any of these guys and that deals a rip off
The point is that soon teams are gonna trade these blokes if they won't sign contracts like the EPL

Probably Dangerfield for 2,3 Trengove and Watts is still unfair, but it looks stupid if they lose him for pick 10 next year as their compo doesnt it

If he's not attending it it's probably not because he doesn't want to and thinks he's too good. He probably just doesn't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable/tarnish the night.

Agree wholeheartedly with TPM, front up and face your team mates

I liked Garry Lyons little clip on the TFS, Don't bother turning up because you won't win anything anyway

Yeah the crows would never willfully trade any of these guys and that deals a rip off
The point is that soon teams are gonna trade these blokes if they won't sign contracts like the EPL

Probably Dangerfield for 2,3 Trengove and Watts is still unfair, but it looks stupid if they lose him for pick 10 next year as their compo doesnt it
Agreed with this, if they're scared about losing Dangerfield to FA (unsure if Tex is a FA next year?) they'd be silly to not offload him for top draft picks, it's even more fitting that due to their salary cap breach they haven't had top picks in a few years.

Agreed with this, if they're scared about losing Dangerfield to FA (unsure if Tex is a FA next year?) they'd be silly to not offload him for top draft picks, it's even more fitting that due to their salary cap breach they haven't had top picks in a few years.

Like I said earlier in the thread its gonna take a few more years of teams getting burned before they make the trades early
Think about what the Hawks could have got for buddy if they put him on the market early

As soon as the AFL removes the compo your gonna see every player who lets there contract run being traded

Fair enough, good call. Let's give them Dawes as well to sweeten the deal.

It shows a lack of respect - I know he had some mates who did it, but it would leave a much better taste in everyone's mouth if he left respectfully.
I highly doubt it's this simple. There's a good chance that behind closed doors he was encouraged not to attend.

I highly doubt it's this simple. There's a good chance that behind closed doors he was encouraged not to attend.

I'm not saying he did it deliberately to show disrespect... I'm saying if he doesn't show up it's disrespectful by default.

This annoys me - unrealistic trade prospects. Sloane is Adelaide's next captain, Crouch probably to follow after that.

All I was getting at, is that if we push up Dangerfields price as high as possible, they may be forced to trade another player who they would prefer to keep.

Tom Mitchell and Nick Malceski at Sydney are ones being mentioned as potentially needing to be traded after the big buddy and tipper deals.

To be fair, Sloane and Crouch weren't great examples perhaps.

I'm not saying he did it deliberately to show disrespect... I'm saying if he doesn't show up it's disrespectful by default.
I don't disagree - I'm just saying that it might not be his fault. We don't know all the facts to judge.

I feel sorry for Chip to be honest. I know through some friends that he's a ripper bloke.

Im would hazard a guess that the club has actually told him that they would prefer him to take a deal elsewhere - in order that we get over-compensated.

I feel sorry for Chip to be honest. I know through some friends that he's a ripper bloke.

Im would hazard a guess that the club has actually told him that they would prefer him to take a deal elsewhere - in order that we get over-compensated.

He has waddled around on the field like a duckling since his AA year, I have no sympathy for him at all

You feel sorry for a bloke who is about to earn in excess of 600k a season, and has several teams chasing his services? If he leaves, he is still a ripper bloke amongst his mates... but to us he will be derided, that's sport

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has played full back in the worst team in any sport of all time.

And this year he was played out of position all year.

You watch how much better he's going to be at Hawthorn or Geelong or wherever.

Yeah because he wants to be

I don't give a shit what team he was playing in, he hasn't been giving 100% effort and that is unforgivable, I hope he goes to Hawthorn and does his ACL in the first game
I am so frustrated at watching this bloke plod around with his woe as me face because its so hard playing in the Melbourne backline
What about all your other mates that play with you

He has just killed time till his contract has expired

Does anyone still think Chip might stay with us? Up until a couple of weeks ago I was still holding out hope, but now certain he is leaving. Now it feels like we knew he was leaving from very early in the season, Dunn is a more natural forward but Frawley has been used to give us height up front. Dunn was put into Frawleys traditional full back position very early on in the piece. Seems like Roos has been onto this for awhile, so used Frawley as the makeshift kpf and let Dunn develop as the kpd.

Does anyone still think Chip might stay with us? Up until a couple of weeks ago I was still holding out hope, but now certain he is leaving. Now it feels like we knew he was leaving from very early in the season, Dunn is a more natural forward but Frawley has been used to give us height up front. Dunn was put into Frawleys traditional full back position very early on in the piece. Seems like Roos has been onto this for awhile, so used Frawley as the makeshift kpf and let Dunn develop as the kpd.

I have suspected this since very early, They are doing what Clarko did ala buddy last year and moving him out of his position to give the team a years preparation

Roos has re-signed already and Chip has been playing worse every week
There is simply no reason left why he hasn't signed a contract because his value is plummeting every game

He is ****ing gone

Got a good snorting chuckle out of this in a lecture. And the funniest thing is that it's not untrue.

Hahahhahahaahah -> *gradually segues into violent sobbing*

I'm a Washington Generals fan. We're due for a win too. The race is on.

A little too far there Dez!

And nickgrant69 - I understand your hatred for Chip, but lets not stoop to the levels of certain other supporter groups!

Yah im just sick of watching guys jog around for pay checks then waltz off to another club, This will make 4 senior players and Scully now who have just walked out with Rivers being the only 1 who kept fighting until he left, thus why I have never sad a bad word about him

Think Im gonna make Jack Watts my new favourite player, he signed on when It could have been so much easier for him to walk away from all the Demon hate

Yah im just sick of watching guys jog around for pay checks then waltz off to another club, This will make 4 senior players and Scully now who have just walked out with Rivers being the only 1 who kept fighting until he left, thus why I have never sad a bad word about him

Think Im gonna make Jack Watts my new favourite player, he signed on when It could have been so much easier for him to walk away from all the Demon hate
I disagree with Frawley just Jogging around, he's being running his ass off up forward with the worst inside 50 count and delivery in the comp yet still the 3rd most marks in the competition. His best position is as a defender and while he wasn't his all Australian best in recent years he still rarely ever let his opponent beat him and this playing in a defence when the ball gets pummelled in there all day. The club has let players down like Frawley and Rivers not the other way round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back