2014 Free Agency Players

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously? It was announced at last years B&F he re-signed until end of 2016, so where do you get your info North are worried?
I was repeating what i was told last year before their b and f. Okay, nothing to see hear now. Norf were smart to sign him a year before he was out of contract and a free agent. Infact they signed an extention 12 months after they signed their last 2 year extension. Norf were worried about him, but were good enough to put him away. Carry on lol

Isn't siggins meant to have a bit of run and attack in him? I seem to recall his draft highlights showed a bit of that but he is obviously not quite there yet

Siggins is way to skinny to play KPD in the AFL. He won't play this year but it should be interesting to see how he goes in the magoos where we'll all get an idea how good his rebound is

I was repeating what i was told last year before their b and f. Okay, nothing to see hear now. Norf were smart to sign him a year before he was out of contract and a free agent. Infact they signed an extention 12 months after they signed their last 2 year extension. Norf were worried about him, but were good enough to put him away. Carry on lol

You're repeating in February something you claim to have been told in October last year and calling it current?

PC.
Maybe if I just type in the name i'd be alright, but the dropdown list disappears as soon as i hit space.

Agreed, PC using Firefox. It disappears for me and doesn't link.... wait a second... it looks like it's been fixed with the latest upgrade!

Testing... 1, 2, 3

The Sloane Ranger

The Sloane Ranger

EDIT: Yep works with the drop down now AND if you just type it without selecting anything from the dropdown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be happy to pay Gibbs $700K p/a over 5 years (he might take $650K for that length). Salary cap goes up each year and we must still have spare cap space from the Tippett fiasco.

Dangerfield, Sloane et al will know (cos we'll tell them) that they'll receive pay increases in their next deals.

Gibbs IS exactly the type of player our midfield needs and you have to pay overs to land a free agent.

It's ok to say 'we should target a younger player' or whatever but we'd have to trade (possibly handsomely) to get them.

The MASSIVE benefit of landing a free agent is that you don't have to give up anything except salary cap space. This is incredibly valuable in building a list.

Frawley is quality but doesn't give a whole lot of drive from defence for such a highly rated player; he's on par with Jamieson.

Yep Gibbs would be massive for us. We don't bottom feed for picks as a club so FA really is our optimal route to build a quality list. We would light it up in a couple years with a midfield of Danger, Sloane, Gibbs, the Crouch brothers, Grigg, Smith and Aish

I'd be happy to pay Gibbs $700K p/a over 5 years (he might take $650K for that length). Salary cap goes up each year and we must still have spare cap space from the Tippett fiasco.

Dangerfield, Sloane et al will know (cos we'll tell them) that they'll receive pay increases in their next deals.

Gibbs IS exactly the type of player our midfield needs and you have to pay overs to land a free agent.

It's ok to say 'we should target a younger player' or whatever but we'd have to trade (possibly handsomely) to get them.

The MASSIVE benefit of landing a free agent is that you don't have to give up anything except salary cap space. This is incredibly valuable in building a list.

Frawley is quality but doesn't give a whole lot of drive from defence for such a highly rated player; he's on par with Jamieson.
Dream on.

if we go after Gibbs we will most likely offer him a 4 year deal with his salary probably to be front ended to save more of the pie
for key players like Dangerfield, Sloane, Talia etc

Remove this Banner Ad

2014 Free Agency Players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back