2014 Pre-Season Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

McKenzieKick3.gif
McKenzie's kicking skills are incredible, best i've ever seen at north

Had a look at the first half of the game at Arden st. First off, first time I've ever been to a game of any sort at Arden st so was pretty pleased with just being there. Had to leave early though unfortunately. A couple of girls walked by me and I overheard something to the effect of "how luscious does it look?" I was assuming they were referring to the ground as opposed to my bootay and indeed it did look great. So happy with what we have as our home.

Moving onto the game just some thoughts:

- Patch started off well, kicked the first goal I believe, and looked good in parts. Was in and out of the game like a lot of the boys.

- Wallace looked a fair, fair way off making any sort of impact at VFL level let alone AFL. This is based off one half of a praccy match though so keep that in mind. Just didn't look like he knew where to go at times, or still doesn't have the best fitness, which is understandable.

-Grima looked and sounded like a general in the back line, moved well, spoiled and played decently enough to suggest he should be ready or close enough come round 1.

-Majak I thought did a few nice things when he moved into the ruck. He drifted back from there a few times to help out and take some relieving marks in the D50. With his leading and marking, he runs underneath the ball a bit, has to work on his timing/positioning, but also didn't receive any sort of service that would be close to what he could get in the ones.

- Levi was Levi, solid, nice tackles...I'd play him ahead of Hine if it were up to me.

-Kanye West Tina Tiny Turner....boy the more I see of him the more I think we got a steal. Possibly massive steal. He looked very composed when he had the ball, disposed pretty well, and did a few nice off the ball. Keep a watch out for him in the future I say!

- Wood, Mcgeniss, Hine, Brown I thought were okay, didn't get much of it and were more unsighted than sighted if that makes sense. Hopefully they made more of an impact in the second half.

- On a side note I thought it was nice to hear and see Warren still barking instructions to Maj/Wood/Brown and teaching them where to position themselves

From my view:

Majak came into the game more in the second half when running in the ruck - no impact as a forward, however as stated the service wasn't great. That said, I think his leading is pretty average in terms of intensity and multiple efforts. Likewise, I dunno - maybe needs a bit of a rocket or something but his work rate / intensity in General seems way off to me. Often flat footed and not offering real support in ground level contests. That said, played a good role in the second half and finally took a few marks (heck me does he run under it a lot though). Got caught early htb a few times, should have used the first option.

Kayne Turner. I love him. I wanna boof him. Intensity off the charts. How many second, third, fourth efforts did I see. Heaps. Up forward and down back, just refuses to back down. When maj and his opponent we're having a not of arjy barjy off the ball Turner was straight over throwing elbows and getting in the (huge) chbacks face. Kicked at least 1, hit the post as well. Nearly decapitated a box hill defender at one point. keep your eyes on him gang, we have a really good one here.

Adams and Greenhead we're always there and there about, Levi made some nice centre clearances and patch seemed to move well throughout.

Grima looks good to go, couple of skill errors but was a general and didn't get beaten one on one that I can remember. Werribee generally moved the ball really well in and out of defence for most of the arvo.

Big Eric has a huge leap, actually thought he battled well in the ruck throughout, if he can start timing his centre bounce jumps better he'll get a load of hitouts, was miles higher than his opponent. Still reactive around the ground, seems surprised when he finds the ball. Took a nice grab in the last and converted the goal.

Didn't notice much of Hine or Wood but that doesn't mean anything, I was too busy perving at the box hill trainer for most of the game.

Footy at Arden street. Thumbs up!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If our only tall forwards were Black and Petrie I wonder if Brad would ever have Lachie swing forward while Drew rucked and Goldstein recovered on the bench.
Drew from the goal square and Black roaming the forward 70. Lindsay can mark and looking at the BMac footage and Nahas can find space.

Those 4 can easily kick 12+ between them. Boomer, Bastinac, JZ etc can find the goals. We should be odds on to break the 100 point barrier.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

2014 Pre-Season Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back