2014 rising star

Remove this Banner Ad

You didn't mention any other teams, there was just some system which flattered teams with late first rounders.

I just went with the last 10 years, since they are the most relevant to Wells' form. I also didn't include the last two years because there's no way to tell.

Last 10 years = Tenace drops out.

So, we've got a trade for Ottens, Varcoe, Selwood, Taylor, Brown, Menzel, Smedts/Guthrie, a trade for Caddy, Thurlow and now Lang.

Murray Newman and Dom Sheed are WCE chances, outside chances at that.
Newman if everything goes right is capable of playing every game.
With Karpany maybe a chance at getting a nom but not winning it.

Is Jack Martin expected to play enough games to win it? He's definitely the most talented debutant out but I remember watching in some Suns TV interview where Bluey said he'd be managed carefully and was expected to play "a few" games. Don't quote me on this.

Martin will get a nomination, that's for damn sure.

Has all the skill and potential of O'Meara but not as well developed physically. Still, they are saying it might not matter too much as he is an absolute gun and used to playing on bigger guys.

My smokey is Scharenburg. The guy is huge and already looks like he is going on 30- should dominate.

Is Jack Martin expected to play enough games to win it? He's definitely the most talented debutant out but I remember watching in some Suns TV interview where Bluey said he'd be managed carefully and was expected to play "a few" games. Don't quote me on this.

That was for the 2013 NEAFL season. I think he was slated to play about 8-10 games but no more, which he did. Rest of the time was spent hitting the gym.

It looks like Jack Martin has grown to about ~190cm too, so any weight he's put on is difficult to really tell. It's hard to see him having a similar impact to Jaeger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tenace isn't in the ten year range . . .

His record on first rounders is hit and miss considering the nature of high picks.

Since 2003 . . .

Kane Tenace, Travis Varcoe, Joel Selwood, Harry Taylor, Daniel Menzel, Mitch Brown, Billie Smedts.

Wait, what?

I'm not going to alter the range just to give you a favourable outcome. You'll just have to get over your insecurity on your own.

You can pick whatever range you like. I'm quite content that the talent Geelong has been able to extract from its first round picks (along with its 'hit' to 'miss' ratio) compares favourably against any non-expansion team for as far back as you would care to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

2014 rising star

Remove this Banner Ad

Back