List Mgmt. 2015 AFL Draft - what type of players should we be looking at & who do we take? (Poll added)

Who would you select with our first round pick?

• Joshua Schache (VIC – KPF)

Votes: 57 12.8%
  • Jacob Weitering (VIC – KPD)

Votes: 349 78.3%
  • Aaron Francis (SA – DEF/FWD)

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Charlie Curnow (VIC – KPF/MID)

Votes: 9 2.0%
  • Kieran Collins (VIC – KPD)

• Ryan Clarke (VIC – MID/FWD)

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • Darcy Parish (VIC – MID/DEF)

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A good chance against Essendon I would think and an outside chance against the Power at Metricon (especially if Port season is already shot).

It's either GC beat the Power up north or the crows in Adelaide and the Lions... or we don't win except against the Lions, and we have Melbourne to play...

Will be touch and go, and I want Weitering or Schache!

So we finish bottom 2? Where do GC win other than against the Lions?

So as it stands, we're one win clear of Gold Coast and Brisbane. Looking at the remainder of the season:

Carlton: Freo, Hawthorn, North, Collingwood, Brisbane, Melbourne, GWS, Hawthorn
Brisbane: Melbourne, North, Geelong, Gold Coast, Carlton, Adelaide, Hawthorn, WB
Gold Coast: GWS, Adelaide, West Coast, Brisbane, Richmond, Essendon, Port, Sydney

We've got a run of three winnable games, but play two of them interstate. Brisbane at the Gabba may test us, and I reckon we might get beat. Melbourne down here is 50/50. GWS at Spotless with them playing for a spot in the 8 could be brutal. Let's say we beat Melbourne and lose to GWS, then park the Brisbane game for a minute.

Brisbane are in a similar position, with winnable games against Melbourne, the Suns and us. If they win against Melbourne, they're still a game behind us. Park the other two.

Gold Coast have the best run of the three. GWS could go either way, Richmond, Essendon and Port are all within their reach. Plus the Lions. They beat Essendon and Port at home, and level with us on wins.

Gold Coast - 4 wins
Carlton - 4 wins
Brisbane - 3 wins

Still to play - Brisbane vs. Carlton, Brisbane vs. Gold Coast.

Brisbane play both those games at home. If Brisbane beat us, we could feasibly finish bottom on percentage with potential big losses to Freo, Collingwood and Hawthorn x2. If they beat the Suns too, we'd be all but guaranteed bottom spot.

Still plenty of water to go under the bridge, but even if we have a real crack at the back end of the season - our final spot, and therefore place in the draft, could well hinge on that Brisbane game.

Posted the above before last round, the only thing that changes is that Brisbane losing to Melbourne pretty much guarantees them the spoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. I think pick 2 is the want. To get there Gold Coast need to win one more game than us coming home.
So if both us and GC beat Brisbane and GC also beat Essendon we should drop to 17th,
OR if we beat Brisbane and Melbourne, they need to beat Brisbane, Essendon and one of the Adelaide teams...

I don't feel bad about looking at this because I think we should have majority kids getting games anyway, and with a tough run it'll be what it is...

Schache or Weitering ...or Francis

God I hope you're right. #weitering :hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

Could be very annoying if Leuenberger leaves as a free agent getting a decent contract and the AFL disguise a priority pick with an inflated compo pick leaving us with pick 1 & 2. Did the same for Melbourne last year. In that situation we would take Weitering and Schache.

Could be very annoying if Leuenberger leaves as a free agent getting a decent contract and the AFL disguise a priority pick with an inflated compo pick leaving us with pick 1 & 2. Did the same for Melbourne last year.
That thought had crossed my mind but with his injury history I'd hope a club wouldn't offer him big bucks.
Still think you're a good chance to jump us on the ladder - our % will take a hit playing hawthorn twice in the remaining rounds + you should beat us @ the Gabba. You still have a few winnable games. We are running out of fit players.

Would trading for Dixon maybe sway you guys to pick Weitering over Schache?

That thought had crossed my mind but with his injury history I'd hope a club wouldn't offer him big bucks.
Still think you're a good chance to jump us on the ladder - our % will take a hit playing hawthorn twice in the remaining rounds + you should beat us @ the Gabba. You still have a few winnable games. We are running out of fit players.

Would trading for Dixon maybe sway you guys to pick Weitering over Schache?

Regardless of whether we get Dixon I think the Schache connection is too strong for the club to pass up. The kid wants to play for us and we've been screaming out for a key forward for years, can't see it happening.

Can't remember the last time we beat you at the Gabba? 2009 might have been the last game.

Regardless of whether we get Dixon I think the Schache connection is too strong for the club to pass up. The kid wants to play for us and we've been screaming out for a key forward for years, can't see it happening.

Can't remember the last time we beat you at the Gabba? 2009 might have been the last game.
Last year after we dropped a 2 goal lead late in the last :cry:

Could be very annoying if Leuenberger leaves as a free agent getting a decent contract and the AFL disguise a priority pick with an inflated compo pick leaving us with pick 1 & 2. Did the same for Melbourne last year. In that situation we would take Weitering and Schache.

Get you're hand off it.

There is no chance Leunberger will get them pick 2 or 3, no club would be stupid enough to give a 27 year old injury plagued ruckman a long contract with big $$$. Best they could hope for would be a 2nd round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back