List Mgmt. 2015 AFL Draft - what type of players should we be looking at & who do we take? (Poll added)

Who would you select with our first round pick?

• Joshua Schache (VIC – KPF)

Votes: 57 12.8%
  • Jacob Weitering (VIC – KPD)

Votes: 349 78.3%
  • Aaron Francis (SA – DEF/FWD)

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Charlie Curnow (VIC – KPF/MID)

Votes: 9 2.0%
  • Kieran Collins (VIC – KPD)

• Ryan Clarke (VIC – MID/FWD)

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • Darcy Parish (VIC – MID/DEF)

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brisbane will take Jacob Weitering with the #1 pick, no doubt about it.
Great! We then get the key forward we have been lacking for the last 10years with pick #2. :)

It was always amazing when Fev started kicking goals how the whole team lifted. Or Jezza! Or Sticks! Really want to see it again.

If Brisbane take Weitering and we grab Schache - is there any chance Schache does a reverse-Brisbane-5 and requests a trade to Brissy after two years?

Gotta think Brisbane would be happy to get one back on the rest of the comp after their horror run recently.

Revenge for fev and doc?

I still think brissy take Schache. They also need KPF and the family connection is an extra bonus
Especially considering their record of losing first round picks after their initial contract. The posters on the Brisbane board also seem adamant they'll take Schache. Plus they have a plethora of young tall defenders.

If you were Brisbane and there is a split inch between Weitering and Schache, would you:

A) take the Victorian potential star whose father played for Brisbane and who has declared he would love to play for Brisbane

or

B) take the Victorian potential star who hired Liam Pickering to be his manager just after his 17th Birthday.

Personally, i rate Weitering as No1 and Schache, Mills and Francis equal No2. But even on that ranking basis, if i was Brisbane or a Brisbane supporter, i would choose Schache with Pick 1.

If you were Brisbane and there is a split inch between Weitering and Schache, would you:

A) take the Victorian potential star whose father played for Brisbane and who has declared he would love to play for Brisbane

or

B) take the Victorian potential star who hired Liam Pickering to be his manager just after his 17th Birthday.

Personally, i rate Weitering as No1 and Schache, Mills and Francis equal No2. But even on that ranking basis, if i was Brisbane or a Brisbane supporter, i would choose Schache with Pick 1.

firstly i agree completely with what your saying but to play devils advocate, Melbourne did the same with Jack Watts.

Jacob Weitering looks to be the #1 talent by a fair way.
Schache kicked a lot of goals at champs but I wouldn't put to much stock in that.
Was playing in a dominant Vic Country team and the best defenders in this year draft class were his team mates.

Brisbane will have to look at this pick very carefully. It's bad enough when you have picks #5 #8 #12 potentially Aish #7, all leave after there first contact.
They will really have to make sure who ever they pick @1 or 2 this year is really up for moving interstate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Brisbane take Weitering and we grab Schache - is there any chance Schache does a reverse-Brisbane-5 and requests a trade to Brissy after two years?

Gotta think Brisbane would be happy to get one back on the rest of the comp after their horror run recently.
I would be wary of taking this kid because of this. There was an article in the HUN a few weeks back and from memory Schache was talking about how it would be a dream if he ended up @ Brisbane.

Brisbane will take Jacob Weitering with the #1 pick, no doubt about it.
Ha. If the go-home fiasco has taught us anything then we will take Schache without a second thought. If we don't... Then I think we probably deserve to see Weitering walk out after two years just for taking such an unnecessary risk for not much greater gain. We need a kpf now anyway.

We know that SOS is keen on Weitering (who isn't) but we have to find ourselves a key forward before a key back-man.
As terrific as it may be having a key back talent, it won't get us far if we can't kick goals and when was the last time a key back-man attracted a #1 or #2?
Carlisle, Rance, MacKenzie, Taylor etc went around the #20 mark.

I wouldn't be surprised should our trading determine who we may go for in the draft and wouldn't be surprised either if all things fall the way we like, should we cough up our first for the bookend we haven't got.

We know that SOS is keen on Weitering (who isn't) but we have to find ourselves a key forward before a key back-man.
As terrific as it may be having a key back talent, it won't get us far if we can't kick goals and when was the last time a key back-man attracted a #1 or #2?
Carlisle, Rance, MacKenzie, Taylor etc went around the #20 mark.

I wouldn't be surprised should our trading determine who we may go for in the draft and wouldn't be surprised either if all things fall the way we like, should we cough up our first for the bookend we haven't got.

This is exceptional circumstances though. I believe the quote from one recruiter was 'he is the best young KPD I've seen in 20+ years.' We simply need to take best available with pick 1 and that is Weitering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back