Preview 2015 Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been rewatching every game from 2014, and I'm 100% confident in saying that Lemmens should be in our best 22. The kid is a ****ing gun.

Similarly, in the first 18 rounds or so, Matt Shaw was a gun. Perhaps with good pre-season he'll be a superstar in 2015.

Also, Sam Day's first 6 rounds were pretty consistent with impressive marks and a good workrate. I hope Rocket can help improve him and so we see the player he is.

Day's first third of the season is often completely forgotten about in terms of how much he came on compared to previous years. Unfortunately, he appears to be one that only lasts for as long as the pre-season he finishes. I think he only did 30% of the pre-season last year? And it really showed with his longevity throughout the season.

More fitness and such and he will really start delivering those performances more often.

Also, Aaron Hall was pretty impressive early in the season too. I still think he's a lazy and selfish player, but his ability to find space and quickly nab goals is really quite good. If he, like Day, can continue their early-season confidence and consistency, they'll be great players for us.

Having watched each of our games from this year from after Nicholls went out injured, I'm pretty conflicted about whether Smith or Nicholls is our #1 ruck. Nicholls has better footy nous, but Smith is freakish when he's in the right mindset (i.e. vs. St Kilda in R9).

Nicholls for me. Rare contested ball winning ability for a ruck as well as very good tackling pressure. He looks a much better prospect than Smith given their respective ages in my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gorringe potentially will be pushing for the forward/second ruck position. This would put pressure on Dixon and Day as it unlikely that all three would play at once.

Nichols or Smith take the ruckman position and Lynch is a automatic at CHB.

I have not even mentioned Peter Wright!

I reckon Sam Day is gonna be a gun. Been watching a few replays and when he has a good game he really looks like he's gonna be elite. The games where he goes missing can be a bit disheartening but I think that comes with his age and size, much like Hawkins. And I can't think of another second or third tall in the comp that doesn't go missing for extended periods of time.

It will be good for him to have some competition with 2MP for the spot as well. 2016 is the year I think he will start to show his true value, right when we need him to... maybe.

I reckon Sam Day is gonna be a gun. Been watching a few replays and when he has a good game he really looks like he's gonna be elite. The games where he goes missing can be a bit disheartening but I think that comes with his age and size, much like Hawkins. And I can't think of another second or third tall in the comp that doesn't go missing for extended periods of time.

It will be good for him to have some competition with 2MP for the spot as well. 2016 is the year I think he will start to show his true value, right when we need him to... maybe.

Well, he sure needs to improve by some 70%..... if he doesn't, Eade will have him playing in the NEAFL, where on overall performances , he should of been anyway.For him to retain his position in the seniors over the past 2 seasons has been a joke.

Well, he sure needs to improve by some 70%..... if he doesn't, Eade will have him playing in the NEAFL, where on overall performances , he should of been anyway.For him to retain his position in the seniors over the past 2 seasons has been a joke.

No it hasn't.

Um... NO! If anything the post you just put is the joke.

Um... NO! If anything the post you just put is the joke.

Only thing he was wrong about was the percentage figure..
We'll say its 50% not 70!
Essendon dropped Joe Daniher when he was playing shocking footy, and he was there number 1 and only key forward.. So if the Bombers can do that and our 3rd key forward cant get a touch..
He should of been dropped untill he won his position back

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2015 Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back