Int: Bartel Murdoch Enright Blicavs

B: Enright Lonergan Guthrie
HB: Mackie Taylor Rivers
C: Motlop Caddy Duncan
HF: Stokes Clark Murdoch
F: Bartel Hawkins McCarthy
R: Stanley Selwood Johnson
Int: Blicavs, Horlin Smith, Bews Thurlow

I want to squeeze Walker in there somewhere.

I reckon Simpson and Hamish are unlikely to play again based on past history, neither Clark nor Stanley on the surface present as durable enough for no1 ruck so that concerns me.

B: Bews Lonergan Rivers
HB: Thurlow Taylor Guthrie
C: Duncan Caddy Hartman
HF: Motlop Clark Lang

Foll: Stanley Selwood Johnson

Int: Blicavs, Stokes, Mackie, Murdoch

Have included Lang for pace but still not enough for mine. Need McCarthy to play that defensive forward role. One positive is that with Blicavs, Clark and Stanley we have probably 3 of the most mobile genuine talls in the AFL. That could pose a nightmare for oppositions IF we can win our fair share of the footy.

B: Bews Lonergan Rivers
HB: Thurlow Taylor Guthrie
C: Duncan Caddy Hartman
HF: Motlop Clark Lang

Foll: Stanley Selwood Johnson

Int: Blicavs, Stokes, Mackie, Murdoch

Have included Lang for pace but still not enough for mine. Need McCarthy to play that defensive forward role. One positive is that with Blicavs, Clark and Stanley we have probably 3 of the most mobile genuine talls in the AFL. That could pose a nightmare for oppositions IF we can win our fair share of the footy.

You forgot enright.

Like the rest though.

Geez Smedts isn't very popular. I reckon he will play alot of senior footy next year.
But where is the question? I think he has some tricks to be a forward, but at the same time he is as dumb as a box of hammers and an ordinary kick

I think we'll play much taller than people are expecting or wanting in this thread.

How you now fit Kersten, Vardy or Walker in this team I have no idea. If Menzel can make a successful comeback then it gets even more complex. You may be right. We may go in overloaded with talls. And if we do we'd better make sure we win our share of the footy because we'll get slaughtered on the rebound.

But where is the question? I think he has some tricks to be a forward, but at the same time he is as dumb as a box of hammers and an ordinary kick
Haha! Yeah i think he'll play half forward/wing. He's played his best footy as a pressure forward so maybe he and McCarthy can help us there which might allow Murdoch to play a bit higher up the ground to give us some more speed through the midfield now that Varcoe and whats his name are gone.

How you now fit Kersten, Vardy or Walker in this team I have no idea. If Menzel can make a successful comeback then it gets even more complex. You may be right. We may go in overloaded with talls. And if we do we'd better make sure we win our share of the footy because we'll get slaughtered on the rebound.
I'm starting to see Kersten more as a flanker. He needs to be matched by someone competent overhead but he's quick enough that he won't get burnt going the other way.

I think they'll want to play Hawkins and Clark deep forward together and another tall playing high (Stanley/Walker/Vardy).

Then they'll have Murdoch and probably McCarthy playing around the talls to provide the necessary pressure.

I'm not saying this is necessarily the right thing to do, but it's how I think they'll start out.

I'm starting to see Kersten more as a flanker. He needs to be matched by someone competent overhead but he's quick enough that he won't get burnt going the other way.

I think they'll want to play Hawkins and Clark deep forward together and another tall playing high (Stanley/Walker/Vardy).

Then they'll have Murdoch and probably McCarthy playing around the talls to provide the necessary pressure.

I'm not saying this is necessarily the right thing to do, but it's how I think they'll start out.

You may be right. I really have no idea how they plan to structure up next year. But it appears they are looking at a very different set up to the one I'd have.

I was busy this afternoon at work. Was there any commentary from within the club as to the role they see Stanley playing next year?

You may be right. I really have no idea how they plan to structure up next year. But it appears they are looking at a very different set up to the one I'd have.

I was busy this afternoon at work. Was there any commentary from within the club as to the role they see Stanley playing next year?
I only read on here that Stanley's manager said ruck/forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re our forward line, the certain starters are Hawkins and Clark.

Next we have room for a third tall and 2 rucks. So there are 3 spots for the following:

Hmac, simpson, Vardy,blicavs, Stanley, kersten, walker, brown.

That is a lot.

I'd personally go for Simpson and vardy and blitz. Means kersten, Stanley, walker miss and we really need to get games into kersten (I'd have kersten in whilst vardy slowly gets form back in vfl).

Accordingly when you put these players out on the table, it makes trading 21 for Stanley look even more ridiculous.

I only read on here that Stanley's manager said ruck/forward.

Ha! Fair queue for that! I assume that Scott and Wells are of the opinion that hit outs are of no significance - they'd rather have a few mobile ruck/forward types that can burn an opposing teams rucks for pace and exploit them down forward? I must admit it is going to be interesting seeing Blicavs, Clark and Stanley in the one team. The more mobile "rucks" you won't see.

B: Enright, Lonergan, Rivers
HB: Mackie, Taylor, Thurlow
C: Duncan, Guthrie, Motlop
HF: Bartel, Stanley, Stokes
F: McCarthy, Hawkins, Kersten
R: Clark, Selwood, Caddy
I: Blicavs, Murdoch, Bews, Horlin-Smith

E: Kelly, Hartman, Lang, Walker, Jansen

Assuming Vardy, HMac and Simpson are going to take a while to be in contention

Yep agree. Like this team

Re our forward line, the certain starters are Hawkins and Clark.

Next we have room for a third tall and 2 rucks. So there are 3 spots for the following:

Hmac, simpson, Vardy,blicavs, Stanley, kersten, walker, brown.

That is a lot.

I'd personally go for Simpson and vardy and blitz. Means kersten, Stanley, walker miss and we really need to get games into kersten (I'd have kersten in whilst vardy slowly gets form back in vfl).

Accordingly when you put these players out on the table, it makes trading 21 for Stanley look even more ridiculous.

Yes we're well documented on your dislike of the Stanley trade, but just because you don't like him doesn't make it any less likely that Stanley was traded in to be in the 22. I think it's fair to say that he was traded to play and not in the VFL.

Dont think they will change much, other then we have bit more height might try and control the ball a little more and have multiple marking options in forward line
Interestingly the two new blokes Clark and Stanley are good contested mark players and both reasonable kicks from beyond 50 at goal,I expect your observations are on the money,I also expect if it's anywhere near successful we will see a more stay at home back 6 and keep the wall in place.

B Bews Lonergan Rivers
HB Thurlow Taylor Enright
C Stanley Caddy Duncan
HF Motlop Clark Brown
F McCarthy Hawkins Bartel
R HMac Selwood SJ
I Guthrie GHS Cowan s Stokes

I have one genuine ruck, either HMac or Simpson. I'd rather a fit Simpson but think a fit HMac is more likely. Clark and Stanley to share the second ruck role.

I put Stanley on a wing so he can offer marking power going out of defence, we struggled a fair bit with it last year (especially with weak rucks). His marking is good, he has pace and is a long kick. With a better forward structure long kicks will be a better option.

I still rate Brown and hope is on the list next season, I have him as the 3rd tall leading up the ground, his footy smarts and good disposal will help him link up with the deep talls. Murdoch could also play this role but Brown is a better mark and a smarter player, I'd rather Murdoch in the midfield when he gets games or replacing Bartel. I don't think both Murdoch and Bartel forward is a good setup.

Blicavs to play fullback in the VFL.

I don't like the 3 tall defenders with Mackie so I cut Mackie for Thurlow.

Wishful thinking with Cowan back in the team but I'm hopeful he will be over his injury setbacks and get a full preseason.

B Bews Lonergan Rivers
C Stanley Caddy Duncan
HF Motlop Clark Brown
R HMac Selwood SJ

I have one genuine ruck, either HMac or Simpson. I'd rather a fit Simpson but think a fit HMac is more likely. Clark and Stanley to share the second ruck role.

I put Stanley on a wing so he can offer marking power going out of defence, we struggled a fair bit with it last year (especially with weak rucks). His marking is good, he has pace and is a long kick. With a better forward structure long kicks will be a better option.

I still rate Brown and hope is on the list next season, I have him as the 3rd tall leading up the ground, his footy smarts and good disposal will help him link up with the deep talls. Murdoch could also play this role but Brown is a better mark and a smarter player, I'd rather Murdoch in the midfield when he gets games or replacing Bartel. I don't think both Murdoch and Bartel forward is a good setup.

Blicavs to play fullback in the VFL.

I don't like the 3 tall defenders with Mackie so I cut Mackie for Thurlow.

Wishful thinking with Cowan back in the team but I'm hopeful he will be over his injury setbacks and get a full preseason.
I can see why Partridge gave you a like but Brown is about 450th in line for that spot now.

Yes we're well documented on your dislike of the Stanley trade, but just because you don't like him doesn't make it any less likely that Stanley was traded in to be in the 22. I think it's fair to say that he was traded to play and not in the VFL.

So, who would you play out of those players listed? Which ones play VFL?

I'm curious to know what ruck and forward structure you'd go with.

I can see why Partridge gave you a like but Brown is about 450th in line for that spot now.

Nice flippant and arrogant comment. You actually have no reason at all why I gave it a like. Brown won't be at the club, so you can dismiss that idiotic notion immediately, but as you presumed to know my mind here is the real reason:

B Bews Lonergan Rivers
C Stanley Caddy Duncan
HF Motlop Clark Brown
R HMac Selwood SJ

Bringing in younger defenders - especially small but also tall - is to me is one thing they should immediately address.

Care to tell me what I'm thinking now genius?

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy 2015 best side

Remove this Banner Ad

Back