2015 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello Fish Hook...How did they go against Leopold today..

Played grovedale..Got beaten fairly easily in the end, kicked 1.7 in first 1/4 and had a few outs and grovedale were far too tall.. Lost by 30 points i believe.. Quick,hard, young team, lacking some height lakies..

Played grovedale..Got beaten fairly easily in the end, kicked 1.7 in first 1/4 and had a few outs and grovedale were far too tall.. Lost by 30 points i believe.. Quick,hard, young team, lacking some height lakies..

So who do think is better St Josephs or Grovedale...and how big is the difference.

Greensbourough look like they will be hard to beat again after a very comfortable win today though Eltham were far from disgraced. Great crowd as well.
Yeah, mighty impressed by Gboro today. Eltham performed fine, and with Kroussaratis kicking 8 could have been a chance - but boro were dominant in their own forward line and kicked everything going.

$4.50 beers.

Yeah, mighty impressed by Gboro today. Eltham performed fine, and with Kroussaratis kicking 8 could have been a chance - but boro were dominant in their own forward line and kicked everything going.

$4.50 beers.
Last years corresponding game was a 39 point win for Borough, this year 38. I'm pretty sure Eltham will be a better unit than last season, just a matter of where they slot in compared to everyone else. I'd be tipping around the 7-8 position on the ladder.

Just wondering what the result of the Montmorency vs Deer Park practice game was?

Watched Eltham Greensborough yesterday. GB were very good, great pressure and a bit too polished but I thought the Panthers were actually quite promising. Down by ten goals they could have dropped heads and let GB run all over them but they kept right at it and were very competitive. Biggest difference was Gb 's ability to score quickly in reply to every Pather goal.

Just wondering what the result of the Montmorency vs Deer Park practice game was?

Watched Eltham Greensborough yesterday. GB were very good, great pressure and a bit too polished but I thought the Panthers were actually quite promising. Down by ten goals they could have dropped heads and let GB run all over them but they kept right at it and were very competitive. Biggest difference was Gb 's ability to score quickly in reply to every Pather goal.

Both Riddle's are a good pick up, but I think Eltham looked ok too. Their forward was excellent.

Stanton & Boyd looked a lot bigger than Eltham's backs.

I went down and watch Mont v DP. Only a half of footy for seniors vs seniors and Mont ended up down by about 20 from memory.

Looked like Mont had a few young players and a couple out, but I'm sure DP had a couple out too. Good hit out vs Western League premiers, they looked imposing at times. Should be interesting to see how Mont go against Lower.

From the western region only Deer Park would be able to beat a side in the NFL div1. Deer Park are 10-15 goals better than the second placed team in western region.

Been away for a while gents, what is going on at Bundoora, fantastic to see young MOORCROFT get a game but where have all the players gone and why??? Are they going to make the five this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been away for a while gents, what is going on at Bundoora, fantastic to see young MOORCROFT get a game but where have all the players gone and why??? Are they going to make the five this year?
Regardless of recruits to other teams this year, it's going to be hard to see the top three from 2014 being dislodged. All three are probably better balanced in 2015 IMO

Obviously very happy day for us cave dwellers yesterday. Great to see the Cubs and ressies get the show rolling. Fair to say in the main game that we won but were not the better side. Certainly snatched one when we didn't play well enough to deserve it. Mont certainly on the right path playing 9 players still eligible for under 19's, and will certainly be better for it in the not too distant future.

Wowie...some serious depth at Heidelberg.
Must have been 8 players in the magoos, that you'd think would be playing 1's.
Granted you'd not expect to see young Powick play ressies again.
Honestly why isnt he playing VFL at the least?

On a side note, fricken amazing to see number 31 running around for the HFC.

Wowie...some serious depth at Heidelberg.
Must have been 8 players in the magoos, that you'd think would be playing 1's.
Granted you'd not expect to see young Powick play ressies again.
Honestly why isnt he playing VFL at the least?

On a side note, fricken amazing to see number 31 running around for the HFC.

Because he can't hit a target. If anyone should be playing VFL its Will Knight. Gun

Will North win a game this year?

If i was to hazard a guess, unfortunately no. And not even close. Pains me to say so. They were relegated in 2011 with an 0-18 record, an average losing margin of 95 points. With arguably a better side.

On the bright side for them, their 2's clearly put in a "dogged" show. Against good opposition, and having clearly called in favours from ex players to give them a chop out. Thats what local footy is all about.

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back