2015 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I've found where OTP is getting confused. A div 2 EFL club that promised big coin when recruiting some ex NFL talent (inc coach) held a meeting a couple of Tuesday's back, to inform players there was no money in the bank. Players were promised payment after every game but would have been lucky to receive a cent. Mass exodus rumoured. My source has an empty wallet as a result.

EFL Eastern Football League or Essendon District FL ???

I think I've found where OTP is getting confused. A div 2 EFL club that promised big coin when recruiting some ex NFL talent (inc coach) held a meeting a couple of Tuesday's back, to inform players there was no money in the bank. Players were promised payment after every game but would have been lucky to receive a cent. Mass exodus rumoured. My source has an empty wallet as a result.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/.../story-fngnvmqa-1227384621022#social-comments

I went to a BBQ a few weeks back and caught up with a mate and we were all exchanging stories of what we have heard around the local footy traps. I made a passing comment about a few Monty boys who left the NFL to go to the EFL (Eastern) chasing the $$$. I told him a few were on big $$$ but a couple took a risk and went to a club that doesn't have the $$$. Now this post has arrived there seems there are just too many clubs who have player payment issues.

I went to a BBQ a few weeks back and caught up with a mate and we were all exchanging stories of what we have heard around the local footy traps. I made a passing comment about a few Monty boys who left the NFL to go to the EFL (Eastern) chasing the $$$. I told him a few were on big $$$ but a couple took a risk and went to a club that doesn't have the $$$. Now this post has arrived there seems there are just too many clubs who have player payment issues.

It's not when clubs go over their budget or try and estimate budgets by relying on sponsors to come through. Many clubs have tried this and ultimately taken years to recover on field and off field, as your club name is tarnished for years.

Harvey plays as a roaming utility and is following the ball from deep defence all the way forward. watched him single handedly drag North over the line against Mont, involving himself repeatedly in most scoring chains. Even though Mont were depleted he made Div 1 last ok like he was playing under 11's. McLean has been a handy inclusion up forward over the last month or so. Still I think North have been fortunate with injuries in IMO, good work all the same.

You make a valid point about injuries. But I guess that's part of the game. Sometimes you get lucky, other time it can be very cruel.
Must say that if they do lose a few in the second half, their 2's will be in a great deal of strife. Counted 14 that ran out on Saturday, topped up with a bunch of under 19's. Credit to the 19's to want to go around again. Very good for the club. Also of note in the 14 or so that ran out from the clubrooms, there was some very senior (in years) players involved. Again very good for the club, that these bloke are willing to come out of retirement just so that they can field a team.

Heard the other day Pascoe Vale players bill around over $400k this year. Big $$$$.

No mate it's not anywhere near this. We are not one of the bigger clubs but have a good culture and good people.
We have some season long injuries so had some spare $$. Can't help but think this player is going to be very helpful for us. From all reports is a very good player and leader type.

Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No mate it's not anywhere near this. We are not one of the bigger clubs but have a good culture and good people.
We have some season long injuries so had some spare $$. Can't help but think this player is going to be very helpful for us. From all reports is a very good player and leader type.

Cheers
Turbo the guy on SEN is throwing a truckload in & to entice the likes of Ross, Warren, Harris & Urquhart & I see Ant Lewis is there would not have been cheap. Good luck to the Pacco lads for taking the likes of Aberfeldie, Strathmore, Greenvale, Keilor etc. Let us know what the budget is, promise I won't tell any1

Turbo the guy on SEN is throwing a truckload in & to entice the likes of Ross, Warren, Harris & Urquhart & I see Ant Lewis is there would not have been cheap. Good luck to the Pacco lads for taking the likes of Aberfeldie, Strathmore, Greenvale, Keilor etc. Let us know what the budget is, promise I won't tell any1

Hey Dubai, you might know more than me mate. The coach has been at Pacco a long time (not always the coach) and is very we known in business circles for being a successful person.
Agree have recruited very well but players not necessarily just money focused but I'm sure they are being well looked after. Pacco not known for spending huge money but have always paid players on time.
Everyone trying to beat Aberfeldie this year but not everyone can go to Aberfeldie and some players like to beat them and create there own success through teamwork, culture etc.
it's fact some players go to the highest bidder but the ones you want at your club take a bit less to take on the challenge of beating sides like Aberfeldie, as these wins are special..

Cheers mate and enjoyed the conversation.

PS: thought Jacko played well today for his first game in red & black. Was tagged, but is very hard running and covers the ground well. Is a big sized mid who does the team things. I like him and he will be an asset to Pacco especially in finals..

I left at half time so can't comment. What I did see we're the obvious tactics of a team struggling to avoid relegation trying to bully a far superior skilled team and trying to suck in the best player for the first hour. There must have been 15 of so head high frees paid. Also saw quite a few stray elbows and jabs. Nonetheless, North have definitely improved and there have been worse bottom ladder teams running around in recent years. Their problem at the moment is their depth in the magoos and more important the witch hats running around in the 19's.

I left at half time so can't comment. What I did see we're the obvious tactics of a team struggling to avoid relegation trying to bully a far superior skilled team and trying to suck in the best player for the first hour. There must have been 15 of so head high frees paid. Also saw quite a few stray elbows and jabs. Nonetheless, North have definitely improved and there have been worse bottom ladder teams running around in recent years. Their problem at the moment is their depth in the magoos and more important the witch hats running around in the 19's.
Underbelly have to disagree with your comments on the elbows & jabs apart from the incident that finished the game which from what I saw was in retaliation to an action from a Macleod player a split second before. In fact North to that point were valiant & took it up to Macleod & outside the first 10 minutes of Q1 it was goal for goal although Roos had superior skills & were more polished. The free kick at the start of the game was a joke, a bit of niggle, no head high stuff with both players giving it to each other, that is what footy is about. Over technical from the umpire by my reckoning by a bloke with a whistle & a huge ego. Your comments however on our lack of depth is spot on & will be a problem for us between now & season end as guys may drop the heads particularly with Mont winning yesterday. I hope the boys stick together as the form over the last 6-7 weeks has been pretty solid assisted by little disruption to the side thus a more competitive unit. We are a 10 goal better team than R1 when we first played Macleod, the problem is all other sides have either improved or are where they were last season (except Mont) who let's face it were never going down. Divvy 1 is a good standard & definitely from what I've seen this year on a level equivalent or perhaps better than Eastern.

I must have been at a different game !

On another matter, can someone please explain to me why Nth Heidelberg didn't wear a clash jumper ? We were made the wear the NFL jumpers in R1 and I would have thought the opposite would occur yesterday . Very confusing to watch at times.

I must have been at a different game !

On another matter, can someone please explain to me why Nth Heidelberg didn't wear a clash jumper ? We were made the wear the NFL jumpers in R1 and I would have thought the opposite would occur yesterday . Very confusing to watch at times.
M8 it's not netball you are allowed to niggle, perhaps Macleod are not used to it. If North were head hunting or putting out the elbows the umps would have put an end to it very quickly with a send off. Do agree with you on the jumper business as made a comment on it when first arrived, was difficult to p/up at times.

Macleod's #14 Patrick Martin was knocked out with only a couple of minutes to go. Naturally Macleod remonstrated and a melee developed although it did'nt degenerate into further punches etc. The umps just walked off. Unless the umpires are under direct personal threat IMO it is wrong to leave as they are the only official,independent witnesses at the ground. It was a very, very poor advertisement for community footy with police and and ambulance attending. This type of utter crap feeds negative community perception of the footy we all love and follow. I cant comment on the alleged provocation but what I can say is that I have never seen Martin provoke opposition players over the six seasons he's worn the MFC jumper. Agree on the clash jumpers as the dark conditions made it worse than usual.

Macleod's #14 Patrick Martin was knocked out with only a couple of minutes to go. Naturally Macleod remonstrated and a melee developed although it did'nt degenerate into further punches etc. The umps just walked off. Unless the umpires are under direct personal threat IMO it is wrong to leave as they are the only official,independent witnesses at the ground. It was a very, very poor advertisement for community footy with police and and ambulance attending. This type of utter crap feeds negative community perception of the footy we all love and follow. I cant comment on the alleged provocation but what I can say is that I have never seen Martin provoke opposition players over the six seasons he's worn the MFC jumper. Agree on the clash jumpers as the dark conditions made it worse than usual.
I was at the game. Never saw the actual incident, but saw the Macleod player lying unconscious on the ground. Incident should be captured on dvd footage as the camera was pointed in that direction (ball & incident were in the close vicinity of where the camera was pointed). Would be interesting to see if the League allows it to be "posted" when the match is uploaded.

Really poor form Underbelly.
Granted their depth isnt good, its actually far from it.
But calling these kids witches hats really stinks. Give some credit to the 18 that turned up to play on the weekend. Knowing they would get battered. At least they fronted up, and allowed North to not forfeit, which comes with a huge fine.
These "witches hats" from what I am lead to believe are all very young, and dont forget North didnt field Under 19's last year.

Really poor form Underbelly.
Granted their depth isnt good, its actually far from it.
But calling these kids witches hats really stinks. Give some credit to the 18 that turned up to play on the weekend. Knowing they would get battered. At least they fronted up, and allowed North to not forfeit, which comes with a huge fine.
These "witches hats" from what I am lead to believe are all very young, and dont forget North didnt field Under 19's last year.

It was more of identifying the future issues that North will experience heading into the future. I'm not sure how you fix that given your geographical location in West Heidelberg. Are there any junior clubs near by that you could align yourselves with ? I've seen many cricket clubs within that area fold due to lack on numbers and would hate to see the same thing happen to your footy club.

Haven't heard much about the game being abandoned at Macleod on Saturday. NFL would need to sort this one out quickly.

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back