2015 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

why dont you just name him and the team?

Its not about that, I was seeing what people thought about that practise. I know in years past other clubs have been found having a VFL player that was injured sitting in the coaches box but having had signed the team sheet.

I know we all want our sides to win but I feel these things are going overboard.

Are the Bergers cooked? Will the run of ten finals series in a row come to an end? Eltham a big chance at home this week to end that 40 game losing streak

Good bloke and great footballer! Will do Pascoe good to have him in their team. I think he spent 2 years at Mont?

Pretty sure the same debate was raised over in the EDFL forum, where you hang Turbo, and it was pretty obvious to everyone he went for the $ offering. Why didn't he go there in the first place? Anyway... he's moved on and good luck to him.

Never heard of a player leaving Mont due to the ground. But I guess people assume it's either that now or Mont doesn't pay them.

Amusing...

Thanks nflfan for your feedback.

For the record I never said players leave Mont due to the ground or mention Mont doesn't pay as I wouldn't know mate.
I did ask about the ground condition and if it affects recruiting players that's all.

I better go back to the EDFL now before someone tells me to. I think I'm getting addicted to BF. Lol

Cheers mate.

I don't believe this at all, what i'm seeing this year as a spectator is a club that has found more local supporters and there seems to be a better vibe around the club thats has been there been there for a while

Is it possible? I am not being a smartarse and I am in no way an expert but with that hill there the amount of water that comes down after rain would have to be 5 times as much as any other ground. I am sure over the past 30 years they have tried everything with drainage but to no avail.

Fix the surface is fine but stopping the run of water coming off that hill has to be the biggest issue.

I think next year they need to stay off it during the week, the whole club needs to train at Sims Rd, that would at least be a start.
Worst ground in the NFL with what seems like the most amount of games. I thought they built sims road up for their juniors who seem to be running around every sunday? Also introducing a girls club onto it surely could be one of the worst decisions ever. Most clubs now seem to have a junior and senior ground?

If the ground was redone properly with plenty of drains on the hill side the ground could be perfect surely?

I don't believe this at all, what i'm seeing this year as a spectator is a club that has found more local supporters and there seems to be a better vibe around the club thats has been there been there for a while

Believe what?

Are the Bergers cooked? Will the run of ten finals series in a row come to an end? Eltham a big chance at home this week to end that 40 game losing streak
Something NQR at the Tigers Den? You don't lose your ability overnight but the grit that saw them close out close games last year appears to be sadly lacking in this campaign. Second half fadeouts have been catastrophic, particularly against Boro where the Tiges failed to kick a goal after half time. Almost at full strength and all to play for last Saturday but failed the test.
Would need to come home with a wet sail to re-establish any claims to the title.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee whiz, div 1 is crazy this year. How's Lower putting in 30 goals, handy bit of %.
Percentage certainly was handy. Probably means if we can win 2 of next 3 we're a chance if other results are kind, 3 wins would be better though. In regards to NH, thinks it's fair to say we thought it would be much more competitive, but obviously they have their issues and it's always hard when you know your fates sealed and players may struggle for motivation. Hopefully they can find a way through and get to a position where they can stay viable and compete at whatever level they are at.

Last edited:
Ladder and Predictor.jpg

So, we come down to three rounds, Kangas and Boro will stay 1 and 2, only a dropped game by Macleod will give away the week off. We have 5 sides that want three final positions.

I have copied the current ladder and each teams opponents over round 16, 17 and 18. With the wins I only gave a W to teams higher on the ladder (we all know there will be upsets, this is not what I think will happen but the ladder says will)

Huge games that will shape the final 3 spots available are:

Rd 16
Greensborough v Northcote Park
Macleod v Lower Plenty

Rd 17
Macleod v Bundoora
Greensborough v Lower Plenty

Rd 18
Northcote Park v Heidelberg
Bundoora v Lower Plenty

Should be a great final few rounds.

What about Macleod v Eltham last game Denneth ? Pretty important game I would think

I was gunna add that one but decided to pick two games a round. If results go where I expect them that game will shape positions in the top 5 I just thought the current 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th much more finals shapping.

I have heard the ground is starting to go south and getting boggy. Will it be ok for the last few games?

Credit where credit is due, well done to the Panther.

On another note, ground was in tip top condition but my only criticism was that there was not the traditional fire on the far wing, would have warmed up a very cold day!

I was gunna add that one but decided to pick two games a round. If results go where I expect them that game will shape positions in the top 5 I just thought the current 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th much more finals shapping.

I have heard the ground is starting to go south and getting boggy. Will it be ok for the last few games?

Ground was actually in reasonable shape Sat compared to previous weeks. If we don't get too much rain it should hold up OK over the last few rounds.

Have another look at your ladder DC. You may want to adjust final points for Eltham, N'Park, Bundoora and H"berg. Say no more!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back