2015 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

West Preston look to be on the right track. I for one had them fighting it out for relegation this year which i have got horribly wrong.

This weeks match against Eltham is massive, especially given the dramatic finish in the same game last year

Can any one shed some light on maybe 'VD walking out on lower or splitting ways mutually?
I have only heard rumors and don't like to speculate.
I'm pretty sure VD is on this forum and can if he wants too clear the air for the people like me who just hear stories.

Can any one shed some light on maybe 'VD walking out on lower or splitting ways mutually?
I'm pretty sure VD is on this forum and can if he wants too clear the air for the people like me who just hear stories.
Not the case at all. Vinnie unfortunately couldn't make the game Saturday unfirtunately due to work commitments which the footy club was well aware of prior to pre season starting this year. Vin is one of the most influential and passionate people I've been involved in with sport and loves the club. So as I said, not the case and he'll be there taking on the kangas this week

Having just watched the Northern Footy Show on YouTube with Vinnie I reckon this may be quite wrong.

Cracking day out at Moore Park. Panther did not look great for a few quarters but never let the Chooks get too far away. Last term took forward control and kicked enough to snatch the win. Ground is in cracking nick, best I have ever seen it.

West Preston looked good. Will definitely be a contender this year, silky skills of Roden was great to watch and his leadership around the ground and the way he directed some of the younger players will only benefit them.

Panthers already a better win rate than all of last year and with their 2nds undefeated they have had a massive turn around a with a lot of hard work starting to pay off.

Cracking day out at Moore Park. Panther did not look great for a few quarters but never let the Chooks get too far away. Last term took forward control and kicked enough to snatch the win. Ground is in cracking nick, best I have ever seen it.

West Preston looked good. Will definitely be a contender this year, silky skills of Roden was great to watch and his leadership around the ground and the way he directed some of the younger players will only benefit them.

Panthers already a better win rate than all of last year and with their 2nds undefeated they have had a massive turn around a with a lot of hard work starting to pay off.
Come on Denny, you are being far to modest about the panthers. After their last two outings, words like fantastic and brilliant should come to mind.
How do you think they will go in the next three games? What will their win/loss points be at the half way mark?

Come on Denny, you are being far to modest about the panthers. After their last two outings, words like fantastic and brilliant should come to mind.
How do you think they will go in the next three games? What will their win/loss points be at the half way mark?

Not sure TK. Panther have Bulls (h) Tigers (a) Doggies (h) to the 1/2 way mark. Bulls must have played well yesterday only just losing to the reigning champs. Panth have never won at Warringal in living memory. Keeping a lid on things I would think they would hope for a 3-0 run to the turn but I reckon a 2-1 would be OK so a possible 6 and 3. Close season so anything can happen.

Looking at the fixture I reckon Panther actually have a great run home will have played at Greensborough, Mont, Lower Plenty, WPL and Heidelberg away in the first 1/2 of the season. These are all hard away games so having them all at home on the run home will be handy.

As I said I am sure they are keeping a lid on things down Panther way. Cannot get ahead of yourself in such a tight even season.

Big upset with the magpies getting over the much higher rated tigers (hopefully the same result occurs today). Didn't make it down to watch but did they just want it more? Nothing Monty like more then knocking off the berg

Big upset with the magpies getting over the much higher rated tigers (hopefully the same result occurs today). Didn't make it down to watch but did they just want it more? Nothing Monty like more then knocking off the berg
Mont out of the blocks with a 6 goal first quarter - Tigers playing catch up from there. Not quite panic stations yet but H'Berg have dropped the last 3 games and face another danger game at Lower this week. Similarly Lower will be looking to grab a much needed win on home turf and re establish some momentum.

Ok. A couple of big moves on the transfer pages:

1) Blair Harvey to Hurstbridge
2) Byron Pickett to North Heidelberg!

Anyone want to shed some light on these developments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Peter Burgoyne doesn't play yesterday and a young kid does North probably notch there first win. An uninspiring performance as I have ever seen.
Have to agree on Burgoyne. Didn't look to interested & there were a few half hearted efforts that come to mind. Doggies definitely getting better however will rely heavily on keeping the majority of the senior list together between here & season end. Mont this week & perhaps a chance if they show same ticker as against WPL.

How good is local footy.

I watched another great game at Eltham, Panther did not lose face even though they went into the game favourites. Bundoora played excellent and whilst some people may have written them off for the season you can take it from me they will feature.

With only a kick in the games between the Kangaroos and Cougers and Bears and Tigers, with the Doggies only going down by 8 points Divvie 1 NFL is obviously the place to be watching.

I dare anyone to pick the top 5. Maybe Greensborough then 7 or 8 others?

Just saw clearance go through to Panther, 205cm ruckman from Norwood, bloke on Collingwoods list. Will play this weekend is the news. Panther have what could only be considered an horrendous record at Warringal. A large new bloke will no doubt be what they need to change that this weekend.

"The Tigers have great recent form against Eltham – winning the past 39 encounters between the sides since 1982."

Just a ridiculous stat. Love how they refer to recent form....going back to '82.

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back