2015 Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a load of shit comment.. Stars have lost 3 games by 7pts or less and drew with Whittlesea (had 10 more scoring shots that day). Could quite easily be a game or two clear on top if those results went there way. Have smashed Thomo the last 2 times they met (55 & 54pts).

You look at the games Thomastown have won too (from Round 17 back) - one point vs Mernda, five points vs Hurstbridge, nine points vs Whittlesea, 10 points vs Diamond Creek, four points vs Whittlesea, seven points vs Fitzroy, 14 points vs Diamond Creek, four points vs Panton Hill... that's eight of their 11 wins decided by under 15 points. Crazy. I suppose you make your own luck...

...then again how much will that Round 10 loss to Mernda hurt come next week? Costs them either a top two spot or a top four spot

This is a load of shit comment.. Stars have lost 3 games by 7pts or less and drew with Whittlesea (had 10 more scoring shots that day). Could quite easily be a game or two clear on top if those results went there way. Have smashed Thomo the last 2 times they met (55 & 54pts).

not in the top 4 since what round 6?

not in the top 4 since what round 6?
That's true, but have sat 5th that entire time by a game or game and a half at most.. The season has been so close that it's idiotic to say they haven't been consistent when the top 5 is a close as it's ever been and has been all year.. 2 games separate 1st and 5th.. I think all 5 sides have been consistent and deserve to play finals, there's just going to be someone that is unlucky, whether that's Hurstbridge, Thomo or Stars..

That's true, but have sat 5th that entire time by a game or game and a half at most.. The season has been so close that it's idiotic to say they haven't been consistent when the top 5 is a close as it's ever been and has been all year.. 2 games separate 1st and 5th.. I think all 5 sides have been consistent and deserve to play finals, there's just going to be someone that is unlucky, whether that's Hurstbridge, Thomo or Stars..

can whittlesea drop out?

Get a grip will you, Lalor wont throw the game! Thomastown is pissing in the wind, if you ask me

Its not a matter of throwing the game, its about how serious Lalor will be to win it. Do they rest anyone who is sore. Do they leave anyone out on the edge of yellow cards. Do the players have in the back of there mind they are playing finals next week no matter what and only go in half assed not wanting to get injured. Do the players push them selves that little bit extra. The only players at Lalor having a crack will be guys on the selection edge.

Its a classic case of one team with every thing to play for while the other is looking forward to next week.

Once played a senior game has to play at least 6 in the Reserves to qualify and can't play more than 9 in the seniors or just 3 Reserve games if no Senior game played

you sure about that? i heard as long as you have played for the club you should be right, meaning if a guy played say 4 seniors games 0 reserves games for the year, can play reserves finals

you sure about that? i heard as long as you have played for the club you should be right, meaning if a guy played say 4 seniors games 0 reserves games for the year, can play reserves finals

Yep just go to the NFL site and go to the League tab and then select the by-laws go in and have a look at the finals qualifications, it is there in bold. They have changed the rules if you play a senior game then you need to have played 6 in the Reserves to qualify

If you play ONE in the seniors need to have played SIX in Reserves. However, I believe U19 games count as Reserve games if a player has played in all three grades....(I believe)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have been decimated with injuries, the coach cant endure miracles!
You're not serious are you? I think Hurstbridge have had a pretty good run with injuries this year other than Farrelly. A lot better than the other top 4 clubs.
No one has missed a long stretch of football and the injuries have been staggered throughout the year. The side has been very settled through the year. 18 players have played 13 or more games out of a possible 17 games.

Last edited:
A massive round to finish off the home and away season.

Diamond Creek vs Mernda. The clash of the Demons and the home side should end the disappointing season of the ones from the mushroom farm.
Panton Hill vs Fitzroy Stars. Expecting the Stars to come out all guns blazing and put a big score on the Redbacks to keep their finals hopes flickering.
Thomastown vs Lalor. This will be a fierce affair with the Bloods winning to potentially end the fairy tale season of the Bears.
Whittlesea vs Hurstbridge. Massive stakes here with the loser potentially missing teh finals. At home the Eagles to just over the 'Bridges.

Last round of a very entertaining season with a few twists still left in the plot..

Mernda vs Diamond Creek
Diamo to end Merndas miserable season and send them packing back to Div 3. Diamo by 34pts

Fitzroy Stars vs Panton Hill
Stars will be desperate to keep their finals hopes alive and it will show. Hill are still a tough side at home and will be hoping to end the season on a high. Stars by 38pts

Thomastown vs Lalor
Everything on the line for Thomo, Lalor will be hoping to finish the season on top and make a statement. Will be a ripper of a game. Lalor by 1pt

Whittlesea vs Hurstbridge
Another ripper to finish the season, Whittlesea want the double chance, Hurstbridge want the double chance, but could miss altogether if results go against them. Whittlesea by 19pts.

Good luck to everyone.

Well Done to the Bloods Finishing top of Division 2. Looked really good today. Toddy with 9 Big ones!!

Going to take some effort to beat them to that premiership I reckon really primed and hitting form at the right time.

Tough luck to Thomastown to miss out on finals after such a great start to the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back