2015 Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

thomo 1s and 2s will both play finals. the depth at that club is unbelievable at the moment, from watching both games, the 1s are strong while the following players in the 2s could easily have a case for playing seniors football.

the 2s look very organised in the back 6, even without there champion Paul Meade running around in the last 2 weeks, the run and carry and leadership from the backline looks great for a 2nds side.

It looks to be a very close knit group at Thomo this year.

thomo 1s and 2s will both play finals. the depth at that club is unbelievable at the moment, from watching both games, the 1s are strong while the following players in the 2s could easily have a case for playing seniors football.

the 2s look very organised in the back 6, even without there champion Paul Meade running around in the last 2 weeks, the run and carry and leadership from the backline looks great for a 2nds side.

It looks to be a very close knit group at Thomo this year.
There ones drew with creek mate - can't be that good

Early days, Thomo off to a flyer, but you don't win flags in April. Can't say I've ever heard of Ferraro, the only Ferraro I know is old Sandy who played for Diamo but he seems to be off to a good start. Burton looks a handy pick up for Hurstbridge along with the others mentioned. Good to see Finno having a kick and doing well up at Hill. I still think it will be out of Whittlesea, Hurstbridge, Fitzroy and maybe Lalor.

Thomastown are really impressing !! With 5-6 injuries all to come back in weeks to come its a happy place down at main street . What is going on with mernda 0-3?? Dont think diamond creek are as bad as what people first thought . Could be another year like last year very tight division

Mernda have been hit hard, i cant see them staying up. They have one of the worse 2s side iv ever seen compared to last year playing in a GF they lack depth.

They didnt get much over the pre season either, maybe best to rebuild now wont be playing finals for me

Bit going on in here. And it's about time!!!
I would like to quote "Beerbandit" "You don't win flags in April".
3 rounds in, you can't take anything for gospel!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lalor v Hurstbridge- Lalor to get the 4pts in a close one.
Stars v Mernda- Stars to bounce back and win by over 10 goals
Whittlesea v Thomastown- Thomo to be brought back to reality with a comfortable win by Whittlesea.
Panton Hill v Diamond Creek- Hill wont lose many games at home and should win this by 5+

A couple of tough games to predict this week, which is good for the competition:

Lalor vs Hurstbridge While the Bridges are starting to gell, think the Bloods, at home, should prevail, but just.
Fitzroy Stars vs Mernda Should be the easiest game to predict, especially with the Stars at home and the Demons struggling.
Whilltesea vs Thomastown Wil let us see where he Bears are, and big ground won't disadvantage them but a solid win to the Eagles
Panton Hill vs Diamond Creek Back home on the postage stamp the Redbacks should get another win over the Demons

Whit vs thomo..
The match of the round,
A few outs thomo, but they have lots of 2s that are great playere.
3 key outs ball, fazzari, lesar.
Im still tipping thomo to win as they can cover outs and are in hot form
Thomo 4 goals

Lalor vs bridge
Lalor look to have a few outs i belive their ins wont cover the outs, hbridge are in great form
Hbridge 6 goals

Stars vs mernda
Mernda looks bad on paper real bad, maybe re building.?
Stars by 100

Phill vs creek
creek play their ground well but smaller ground they may struggle.
Phill have a great record at their ground.
Phill by 2 goals

Team in focus -
Stars.. They just dont look the same team in recent years, this is a game they cannot lose. If they drop this game to mernda its panic stations

My tips stand as 10/12

Whittlesea vs Thomastown
Should be a good game early, but Whittlesea will be too strong and overrun the Bears. Whittlesea by 7goals

Lalor vs Hurstbridge
Lalor start well at home and will probably get the early jump on Hurstbridge, but I think the Bridges' strong bodies and attack on the ball should see them get up in an entertaining game. Hurstbridge by 22pts

Panton Hill vs Diamond Creek
Panton Hill have been good at this early stage of the year and probably should win at home, but Diamo will put up a good fight and it wont be a cakewalk for the Hillers. Panton Hill by 10pts

Stars vs Mernda
Expect the Stars to get their 2nd win for the year to even the ledger at 2-2. Mernda have struggled and will find it tough at Sir Doug Nicholls. Stars by 35pts

Saw hursty v lalor, pretty strong wind to one end. hursty had the wind in the first qtr and used it well then held lalor reasonably in the 2nd to get a couple of goal lead at half time. 3rd qtr dominated with the wind and then the last qtr i think they outscored lalor against the wind. Tilley, Shaw were very good along with a couple of younger players in East, Thompson and Reading.

Saw hursty v lalor, pretty strong wind to one end. hursty had the wind in the first qtr and used it well then held lalor reasonably in the 2nd to get a couple of goal lead at half time. 3rd qtr dominated with the wind and then the last qtr i think they outscored lalor against the wind. Tilley, Shaw were very good along with a couple of younger players in East, Thompson and Reading.
Who did u think lalors best.?

Lalor v Hurstbridge- Lalor to get the 4pts in a close one.
Stars v Mernda- Stars to bounce back and win by over 10 goals
Whittlesea v Thomastown- Thomo to be brought back to reality with a comfortable win by Whittlesea.
Panton Hill v Diamond Creek- Hill wont lose many games at home and should win this by 5+
You tried hahaha. Thomo very strong in 2015, Diamo also could surprise a few teams

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back