Preview 2015 Grand Final: Hawthorn v West Coast Eagles - Gunston IN, Hartung OUT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

My only real concern is if we will have the legs to get us through if it's close at three qtr time.
My only real concern is if we will have the legs to get us through if it's close at three qtr time.

Aren't we number 1 for 2nd half scores?? we haven't had a flight from Perth for nearly a week, west coke are traveling today... Come on Hawks get this done...

What does everyone think about Big boy after he takes the taps he concentrates on filling the whole in front of Kennedy. Played that role great at the Saints. He is a great endurance athlete is Mcevoy , and with Nic Nat not 100% I don't think he can run with him both ways all day.
Nic Nat is not built to be a runner, one who has an odd lean to posture who looks off balance when attempting to put on a burst of speed. As for BB, he is one of the old type of ruckman, both solid and dependable.

Chip can run with him, but if someone else is waiting back it closes that space up a bit.
We play a team defense. No one back man will be on any one forward all day. It will be a matter of adjusting to the circumstance of the moment, not necessarily following one man all over the ground, but letting someone else pick him up if he strays too far away from where our guys want to position themselves. Sometimes we will be one on one, sometimes zoning. That's what we've been doing for years and it's worked pretty well.

Everybody talking about the Web forgets that Grand Finals are notorius for being 1 on 1 battles over the ground. The contests are so fierce and players get too involved in the game to set up effective zones etc. I think this suits us hugely. Particularly with their defensive set ups never really being exposed to 1 on 1 contests. Heres hoping anyway! Only 2 more sleeps!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lucky duck! An update later would be great (pls).
I'll give you one now.

They will have a band/musician playing early on (already started).
They will have a well known MC, Lehmo and Quarters in years past, who will interview a GF great and/or club official.
After hours of the above going on, the players will come down to the ground and do a couple of soft drills to entertain the masses, but be of no real benefit to the players.

Then to finish, the players will sign autographs, fake smiles for the camera while Hodge, Mitchell and Clarko give cliche responses to the television cameras.

I'll give you one now.

They will have a band/musician playing early on (already started).
They will have a well known MC, Lehmo and Quarters in years past, who will interview a GF great and/or club official.
After hours of the above going on, the players will come down to the ground and do a couple of soft drills to entertain the masses, but be of no real benefit to the players.

Then to finish, the players will sign autographs, fake smiles for the camera while Hodge, Mitchell and Clarko give cliche responses to the television cameras.

Meh then. ;)

Chip can run with him, but if someone else is waiting back it closes that space up a bit.
BB is way too slow to do that. West Coast exit their back line through Chaos balls against us which created broken play. They won a lot of the resultant contests. If we put a loose man anywhere we need to place it in a position to intercept those chaos balls.

West Coast beat Adelaide by about 50 points at Domain Round 14 and then lost by 50 points to Adelaide at AO 7 weeks later, not saying thats going to happen here but completely different venue means I'm not overly concerned about that... Eagles are a good side so won't be easy but Im backing us in on the MCG to get it done.
You realise that game in Domain was the first game back after Walsh's death. It means nothing. Who knows how Adelaide players felt at the time.

Nope, it is an advantage. We are in a better position to knock them off now. We learnt a lot from that night. WE made a huge amount of mistakes and now adjustments will be made. Playing Lake on Kennedy, playing Frawley fwd, missing crucial goals etc

I think we learnt a lot from the PF between WC and North, too.

Right now the forecast for saturday at 230pm is 27/28 degrees. 2nd Half should be easier though with the most of the ground covered in shadow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back