Preview 2015 Grand Final: Hawthorn v West Coast Eagles - Gunston IN, Hartung OUT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee, people have swept our fantastic performance over in the west against the top side in the comp pretty quickly. I actually think we looked more composed and structured then WCE did in their prelim. North were NEVER gonna make it through to the big dance!!!! Make no mistake, these boys had their pride pricked against the very team that we will play on Saturday. My cousin is a WCE member/supporter who follows them closely and they are on alert as to how Hawks are gonna 'Exorcise their Demons' on our home turf!! Need to stay positive and back the boys in.

Not sure this source is credible. Does anyone have a better source eg: the AFL, as to colour of shorts we are wearing?
The official club account on this board told me we are in white shorts. However the club was in discussions to try and get the brown instead. Not sure what the outcome is yet.

Ok no worries - not sure why the AFL would make us play in white shorts. There's no clash with their royal blue
I think because both jumpers have a bit of yellow they rather someone wear white shorts just in case. I think they let us wear our royal blue shorts because we finished higher, or something.

For those that are fairly confident we are going to win on Saturday. I'll pose a question. West Coast were up by 50 points leading into the last quarter of the Qualifying final. Is this a concern?

Nope, it is an advantage. We are in a better position to knock them off now. We learnt a lot from that night. WE made a huge amount of mistakes and now adjustments will be made. Playing Lake on Kennedy, playing Frawley fwd, missing crucial goals etc

Nope, it is an advantage. We are in a better position to knock them off now. We learnt a lot from that night. WE made a huge amount of mistakes and now adjustments will be made. Playing Lake on Kennedy, playing Frawley fwd, missing crucial goals etc
The only reason I think the hawks will win, is because the game is at the MCG(Hawks have home ground advantage), however if the Eagles are close up to 3 quarter time, it will be game on. If this game was in perth, I rekon the Eagles would win.

What does everyone think about Big boy after he takes the taps he concentrates on filling the whole in front of Kennedy. Played that role great at the Saints. He is a great endurance athlete is Mcevoy , and with Nic Nat not 100% I don't think he can run with him both ways all day.

to you campaigners saying you dont mind losing to west coast, you obviously have no idea how ******* bad it is to live in the west.

Hawks supporters who have come over for the game are anything but alright with West coast winning...I hope i never see those campaigners win a flag in my life. FFS

Meh, I was still living in Adelaide when they went back to back then Brisbane three-peated shortly after I arrived up here. Harden up princess.

I saw on the news and then on the AFL page that Hodgie looks good for Saturday. Doc Larkin said that he has been cleared of concussion but is receiving ongoing treatment for a crampy hammy, which Larkin said that that should't give him any real problems as Hodge doesn't have a tear. As for Gunna, I reckon he is still struggling with the ankle. Larkin reckons he has had the usual 21 days to recover. But what about match fitness which he needs in plenty and doesn't really have for a G/F. If I had a say I would leave Shoes in and bring in Langs for his around the packs grunt, and leave it at that.
Larkin is a fwit of the highest order.

I for one am hoping he comes out today and says he's no chance :$

Meh, I was still living in Adelaide when they went back to back then Brisbane three-peated shortly after I arrived up here. Harden up princess.

Yep - went to Essendon High School and took every opportunity in my last year ('84) to remind their lot of what we showed in '83 GF.

Lost a lot of bets in Sep '84 including having to wear brown and gold for a week.

Good memories (now)! :)

Share your harden up stories Hawks.

What does everyone think about Big boy after he takes the taps he concentrates on filling the whole in front of Kennedy. Played that role great at the Saints. He is a great endurance athlete is Mcevoy , and with Nic Nat not 100% I don't think he can run with him both ways all day.
Kennedy works up the ground and then runs hard back into space. You can't easily defend him like that. Need a player who can run with him.

For those that are fairly confident we are going to win on Saturday. I'll pose a question. West Coast were up by 50 points leading into the last quarter of the Qualifying final. Is this a concern?

West Coast beat Adelaide by about 50 points at Domain Round 14 and then lost by 50 points to Adelaide at AO 7 weeks later, not saying thats going to happen here but completely different venue means I'm not overly concerned about that... Eagles are a good side so won't be easy but Im backing us in on the MCG to get it done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not really sure which way this game will go. Clarko has openly stated he stuffed up against WC last time? Mind games?

I feel strangely calm atm? Maybe it is the extensive exposure to Grand Final week over the years.:) Hopefully it is the calm before the Hawthorn storm.

This could be the last chance a few of our boys get to play and win a GF. I really hope they are up for it.

The only thing that constantly plays in the back of my mind is the similar fashion WC/Richmond/Port have gotten to us.

GF's are always a bit of a lottery, yet the club has been in 4 straight and it's because of this I think we'll cope ok come bounce time.

Travelled down from Sydney to watch us get done by the Swans in 2012 ( sweet revenge in 2014 ) but feel that on Saturday Clarko will have the squad primed for another big effort.

WC will like to play it fast and then stifle our slickness with their web, so the Hawks need everyone on deck, no passengers come Saturday.

Time for Cyril to explode and make this GF his own. Over to you Mr Rioli.

The QF loss in my book is an anomaly.. We played an absolute stinker, I think we only had 1 player (Mitchell) with a 4 qtr effort.

I admit that Eagles have had the better preparation leading into the big game, Hawks have taken the long road..literally..with 2 trips to WA in 3 weeks.

But history is on our side, the past 3 sides to have taken the 'long road' to the GF have all gone on to win the flag!

We will only have 2 or 3 GF debutants - how many do Eagles have? Bottom line is a majority of our team will be going for their 3rd or 4th medallion, they know what to expect..

Hello Hawks!

Just dropping in to show my support.
I am a childhood friend of David Hale, and although he may not play, it's been a bloody joy seeing him go from not being able to get a game at lol norf, to probably being apart of the greatest team of all time. Hope he caps it off with 3 straight.

Go Hawks!

Hello Hawks!

Just dropping in to show my support.
I am a childhood friend of David Hale, and although he may not play, it's been a bloody joy seeing him go from not being able to get a game at lol norf, to probably being apart of the greatest team of all time. Hope he caps it off with 3 straight.

Go Hawks!

Nice to see you over here Dapper. Thanks for the support. I meet David once and he seemed such a nice bloke. My only childhood friend who made AFL was Gerard Healy, not a popular one in Hawthorn circles.

Nice to see you over here Dapper. Thanks for the support. I meet David once and he seemed such a nice bloke. My only childhood friend who made AFL was Gerard Healy, not a popular one in Hawthorn circles.

I saw Healy at Mt Buller.

Managed to get a glimpse of his cheeky hidden bald spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back