Preview 2015 Grand Final: Hawthorn v West Coast Eagles - Gunston IN, Hartung OUT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news from training? Anyone?

Won't start for another 10 minutes. Estimate a crowd approaching 10,000 when all is said and done.

Sunny morning but a nice cool breeze. Perfect for footy really.

I don't think it matters who goes in or out of Hawthorn's team. I don't think it matter what the temperature is on the day. And I don't think it matters which 'experts' tip for or against us. The only thing that concerns me a little is Adam Simpson's knowledge of Hawthorn's coaching mentality, structures, players and their approach towards West Coast. Clarko will need to surprise WCE in some way while still keeping to the systems that have worked so well for so long.

Having said that, if Hawthorn play their best they will easily win, no matter what WCE do. It's only if the Hawks are off their peak that any weaknesses could potentially be exploited by WCE and Simpson.

Last edited:
Larkin is a fwit of the highest order.

I for one am hoping he comes out today and says he's no chance :$
I tend to agree.

Doc Larkin, for my money, would have been hand picked to fit in with all the other biased, alarmist princess commentators.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Kennedy works up the ground and then runs hard back into space. You can't easily defend him like that. Need a player who can run with him.
Chip.

Peter Hanlon says that footy needs this. With all the unfathomable things that happen in a season we need the comfort of a crutch to know that at the end of the season, Clarko and Hodge will lift the cup again.

It's good for footy. Trust me. :D

Chip.

I don't think Chips endurance is very good. I think I remember him saying in pre-season that it was something he needs to work on. He is going to have to dig really deep to play well on Kennedy (who is a work horse). There will be times where he probably has to be smart and let Kennedy go, or get Birchall or someone else to run with him further up the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll give you one now.

They will have a band/musician playing early on (already started).
They will have a well known MC, Lehmo and Quarters in years past, who will interview a GF great and/or club official.
After hours of the above going on, the players will come down to the ground and do a couple of soft drills to entertain the masses, but be of no real benefit to the players.

Then to finish, the players will sign autographs, fake smiles for the camera while Hodge, Mitchell and Clarko give cliche responses to the television cameras.

Yeah but it's still fun :) Can't be there this year unfortunately :( I would think the smiles are not too fake, if these boys aren't happy to be playing in their fourth GF in a row they need their heads read! No intelligence to be ontained from the 'training' though.

He can be a bit dumb mate but don't be too harsh on Campbell Brown.

Remember, the guy won a premiership and all-Australian selection with our club.

And if he didn't take the cash at GC we wouldn't have probably recruited poppy to replace him.

I can't believe that there are posters being cynical about entertainment at the training session. You're following the greatest f...ing sporting club and you're getting a bit bored by the way the session is run?

I haven't missed one of these, and I am hugely appreciative that I have the opportuntiy to be there. I certainly missed not going to them from 1992 to 2007!

Appreciate it while you can, I have a 50 year old friend who follows the Demons and he's never been to one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back