2015 ICC Cricket World Cup Final: New Zealand vs Australia - 29th March, 2.30pm AEDT @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was reading the New York Times today and there is a 1/3 page story on the cricket World Cup. A little too pro-New Zealand for my tastes, but you wouldn't think the Yanks would be the least bit interested, let alone devote so much room. The journo was patting himself on the back for predicting an Australia v New Zealand final, but I think a lot people did that.

I'm like a little kid right now, simply cannot wait for tomorrow. Had to go out and buy a gold Australia t-shirt today to wear to the game. Bring it on!
Went to Rebel to buy a shirt and hat but they'd packed all their stuff up. Filthy. Gonna have to go into the city early and try there.

Who's due for runs in our side? Was considering having a punt on highest runs/wickets double for both sides, was thinking Clarke/Starc for Australia and Williamson/Boult for NZ. Who do you guys think will stand up on the biggest stage?

Went to Rebel to buy a shirt and hat but they'd packed all their stuff up. Filthy. Gonna have to go into the city early and try there.
I just bought a Nike Socceroos tshirt with Australia on it (not the official top or anything) for $35, will do the job well. Not usually into team colours massively but I can't not wear gold tomorrow.

I just bought a Nike Socceroos tshirt with Australia on it (not the official top or anything) for $35, will do the job well. Not usually into team colours massively but I can't not wear gold tomorrow.
I'm hoping the big one in the CBD will come to my rescue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there any pre-game ceremony or performance? I'm planning to get in an hour before it starts.

Crowd predictions? I just read that India vs South Africa earlier in the tournament got 86,000. The final in 1992 got 87,000 and that was without Australia being in it. Surely we can top 90k! Let's put that pathetic crowd from Thursday to shame and deck the place out in green and gold. ;)

I think we will win this. Home conditions and a cauldron-like atmosphere gives us the edge. If it was being played in New Zealand, they would be favourites.

Crowd predictions? I just read that India vs South Africa earlier in the tournament got 86,000. The final in 1992 got 87,000 and that was without Australia being in it. Surely we can top 90k! Let's put that pathetic crowd from Thursday to shame and deck the place out in green and gold. ;)

I think we will win this. Home conditions and a cauldron-like atmosphere gives us the edge. If it was being played in New Zealand, they would be favourites.
The highest ever cricket crowd at the MCG was 91,112 against England on Boxing Day 2013. Hopefully they should beat that, but that being said there would have been a lot of Indians who bought tickets that would be no shows.

The highest ever cricket crowd at the MCG was 91,112 against England on Boxing Day 2013. Hopefully they should beat that, but that being said there would have been a lot of Indians who bought tickets that would be no shows.
I reckon a lot will still turn up. They love their cricket.

Is there any pre-game ceremony or performance? I'm planning to get in an hour before it starts.

The Black Caps will be doing the haka.

Actually on the news tonight they showed them rehearsing some sort of pre-game ceremony with all the flags from the teams competing in the World Cup so there will be something.

I think those tickets will be used. I bought mine off a disappointed Indian supporter and as ManWithNoName said many will still go anyway. They are predicting a record crowd of around 100,000 I believe.

I am feeling bad though I don't have anything in my wardrobe that is gold and I can't justify buying a WC shirt.

I think those tickets will be used. I bought mine off a disappointed Indian supporter and as ManWithNoName said many will still go anyway. They are predicting a record crowd of around 100,000 I believe.

I am feeling bad though I don't have anything in my wardrobe that is gold and I can't justify buying a WC shirt.
Won't be 100,000. They have lots of seats off limit due to the sightscreens.

There's a $30 tshirt or polo you can get from Rebel. I'm hoping to get one of those as well as a hat.

Was reading the New York Times today and there is a 1/3 page story on the cricket World Cup. A little too pro-New Zealand for my tastes, but you wouldn't think the Yanks would be the least bit interested, let alone devote so much room. The journo was patting himself on the back for predicting an Australia v New Zealand final, but I think a lot people did that.

I know Tim Wigmore has written a few articles for the NYT throughout the World Cup, but that was mostly on Associate cricket.

Won't be 100,000. They have lots of seats off limit due to the sightscreens.

There's a $30 tshirt or polo you can get from Rebel. I'm hoping to get one of those as well as a hat.

Actually you are right re the crowd numbers now I think about it but I believe they are expecting to break the record. (I was thinking 'capacity crowd' but forgot it is less due to the sights creens).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back