2015 ICC Cricket World Cup Final: New Zealand vs Australia - 29th March, 2.30pm AEDT @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still reckon there could be a few minor twists and bumps to overcome for Aus to win this thing.

I agree.

This is by no means in the bag this win.

While we should get it easily we can collapse and anything can happen. NZ paying 10-1 to bowl us out and i had a small nibble at it so if we do lose i am getting paid for it!

Warner and Finch have been terrible so far. Warner hasn't lasted more than 20 balls against anyone that wasn't the Afghans. Finch got lucky against England and scratched out a score at 69 /100 balls the other night. but his form has been awful as well.

this would be a good time for one of them to find something like some form. They can't expect smith to bail them out all the time.

I don't know about a great tradition but the better players are often consulted about who should wear their number.

Gonna be honest here, but does anyone in this thread actually care about the player numbers of aus cricketers? I was so stoked when Barlow took heath black's 21, but in terms of cricket I couldn't care less for whoever took husseys number.

Faulkner is sometimes a bit expensive because he bowls 3 PP overs and 3 death overs nearly every innings. You can't compare those overs to middle-overs. His economy for the times in the innings he bowls is outstanding. Second only to Starc in our squad. Posters talking about 'if we picked a 4th bowler' are just clueless about the format and the players involved. I'd say simply that Faulkner IS our 4th bowler except for the fact he's most likely the third bowler picked.

This.

I don't know why people are picking out a "problem" that's not really there TBH. Faulkner is fine for the role he plays. Not really sure what or who people want/expect in his spot instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finchy and Warner to come out and show some aggression. Best way to chase the smaller totals is to attack. If they get us off to a flyer then Smith and Clarke can steer us home. We've got plenty of batting. We won't be failing twice against NZ.

Why show aggression right from the start? It's the World Cup final. They'll want to score runs more than anything. Could see both Warner and Finch go easy to begin with.

Just having fun passing time guys. Of course you'd rather be chasing a small total, but as you know small totals sometimes make the batsmen tighten up a bit.

At any rate, good luck to the boys in the hours ahead. Go Aussies!!

Gonna be honest here, but does anyone in this thread actually care about the player numbers of aus cricketers? I was so stoked when Barlow took heath black's 21, but in terms of cricket I couldn't care less for whoever took husseys number.

Am I missing something?

Not sure why anyone would be stoked about Black's 21 being passed on...I thought it was only reserved for club legends (guys like Lenny Hayes or Matthew Richardson)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back