2015 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Collingwood are being a bit over rated TBH. They've lost alot of experience over the last couple of years and I think it will really start to take its toll. Bottom 4 I reckon, perhaps slightly higher but I don't think so.
Most people seem to be placing us around 12-14 so I can't believe we are being overrated.

If the consensus is true think it would spell the end of Buckley. He couldn't survive 4 seasons of worsening ladder possies each year. I think he will get us going better than that but he needs to for mine.

Gold Coast are gonna be pretty good this year, I reckon they are certainties for the top 8
I think they'll be alright but I don't think they're certainties for the top 8. They just don't look a "finals ready" team to me. They've also copped a few injuries lately to key players.

Of the teams that finished around them last year, I'd have Adelaide ahead of them, and probably WC and Richmond too.

Why do people get so hung up about another posters opinion on where your team is going to finish? It's not like their post will damage your teams chances of making the 8.
If that's the case then why would anyone post anything on here?

It's a footy discussion forum, n00b, to, you know, discuss footy topics. If everyone agreed with each other then Chief would have to find a new source of income as there wouldn't be many members on here.

I think they'll be alright but I don't think they're certainties for the top 8. They just don't look a "finals ready" team to me. They've also copped a few injuries lately to key players.

They wont lose Ablett again, the footy gods don't work that way ... ;) ... if he was injury free last year I reckon they would have been in the finals.

I just reckon stuff will click for them.

If that's the case then why would anyone post anything on here?

It's a footy discussion forum, n00b, to, you know, discuss footy topics. If everyone agreed with each other then Chief would have to find a new source of income as there wouldn't be many members on here.
Your response is completely unrelated to what I have posted.

I said: "Why do people get so hung up about another posters opinion on where your team is going to finish? It's not like their post will damage your teams chances of making the 8"

Where did I suggest that you cannot discuss another person's reasoning?

Most people seem to be placing us around 12-14 so I can't believe we are being overrated.

If the consensus is true think it would spell the end of Buckley. He couldn't survive 4 seasons of worsening ladder possies each year. I think he will get us going better than that but he needs to for mine.
I noticed some people had them in the 9-12 region which I think was too high. Looking at Collingwood's list recently made me realise just how much experience you guys have lost in recent times, and I think that people are under estimating that.

I think your backline lacks a couple of really elite kickers to set up things across half back. Players like Seedsman, Williams and even Toovey can all provide run but none of these players are elite by foot which is a concern that I have. I actually think that Reid is capable of setting things up across half back but Bucks seems keen to play him forward which I don't agree with. Langdon seems to be reliable by foot but it's alot of pressure for a second year player to have the responsibility of playing the "quarter back" role IMO. Sidebottom could definitely do it but I think that he'll be needed in the midfield.

I'll be interested to see how Varcoe goes at his new club and hopefully he fits in well. From what I can gather Bucks plans to play him forward which I think suits him alot better than playing across half back as he did in his last year with us.

Cloke simply needs to find his best form this year if the Pies are going to exceed expectations. I've always thought that Cloke is more a natural CHF rather than a FF and since Dawes has left I think that it has left a huge structural hole in your forward line, forcing Cloke to play deeper where IMO he is not as well suited, even though he can obviously still be effective in that role. Reid may be able to help here but personally I think that he is better suited to playing down back, and I think that the team needs him there aswell.

I think that Eddie and the board need to be fair when it comes to Bucks. Personally I've always had doubts as to whether he would make a good coach or not but with where the list is at currently they can't be expecting too much, too soon. I think that this is where Neil Balme will really be able to help and act as a conduit between Bucks and the board and use his experience to ensure that things remain amicable and that expectations are kept in check.

I'm not sure of Bucks' contractual situation but provided that the wheels don't completely fall off this season I think that he should have 2016 in order to try and get the club heading back in the right direction because I can't see it happening this year I'm afraid. The list is too raw and alot of the young blokes aren't quite ready to elevate their games to a point where the club will begin to shoot up the ladder IMO. They've allowed him to come this far whilst the club has been slowly sliding down the ladder, they may aswell wait and see whether he is capable of coaching and developing these young blokes to help get the club heading back in the right direction.

If there are not signs of continual improvement during 2016 then he is in big trouble IMO.

If infact you are still reading by this point, :D apologies for the long post. :)

Syd - stung by the GF loss will finish 19-3
Port - On a roll
North - Will surprise and will win all games decided by under a goal
Geel - Continue to surprise everyone by not surprising anyone and not sliding down the ladder
Freo - Too strong at home
Ess - Galvanised by Hird
Rich - Will fall over the line into finals.
efa

Hawthorn
Sydney
Port Adelaide
North Melbourne
Geelong
Fremantle
Gold Coast
West Coast
Collingwood
Carlton
Essendon
Western Bulldogs
GWS
Melbourne
St Kilda

I reckon the competition will be tighter this season with the expansion clubs improving there consistency and the lower ranked lot more competitive .

Edit - Included all 18 teams !:oops:

Last edited:
I'm not sure of Bucks' contractual situation but provided that the wheels don't completely fall off this season I think that he should have 2016 in order to try and get the club heading back in the right direction because I can't see it happening this year I'm afraid. The list is too raw and alot of the young blokes aren't quite ready to elevate their games to a point where the club will begin to shoot up the ladder IMO. They've allowed him to come this far whilst the club has been slowly sliding down the ladder, they may aswell wait and see whether he is capable of coaching and developing these young blokes to help get the club heading back in the right direction.

If there are not signs of continual improvement during 2016 then he is in big trouble IMO.

If infact you are still reading by this point, :D apologies for the long post. :)

Interesting read, thanks. I guess my point is that if we fall to 12-14 position on the ladder the wheels have pretty well fallen off. I dont think anyone would have envisioned that as a reasonable outcome in 2012 when he took over. If you dismantle a very good list you need to make sure you put it back together pretty quickly if you want to keep your job.

A coach who takes over a bottom side will be under pressure if after 4 seasons there hasn't been an improvement. A coach who takes over a young list near the top of the ladder and goes straight down shouldn't have the extra years beyond those 4 seasons to now reconstruct a list he has deconstructed.

Hawthorn
Sydney
Port Adelaide
North Melbourne
Geelong
Fremantle
Gold Coast
West Coast
Carlton
Western Bulldogs
GWS
Melbourne
St Kilda

I reckon the competition will be tighter this season with the expansion clubs improving there consistency and the lower ranked lot more competitive .
Did I miss the memo about a 16 team comp this season? Shame about all the preseason training, memberships and tv contracts
Adelaide?
Essendon?

Interesting read, thanks. I guess my point is that if we fall to 12-14 position on the ladder the wheels have pretty well fallen off. I dont think anyone would have envisioned that as a reasonable outcome in 2012 when he took over. If you dismantle a very good list you need to make sure you put it back together pretty quickly if you want to keep your job.

A coach who takes over a bottom side will be under pressure if after 4 seasons there hasn't been an improvement. A coach who takes over a young list near the top of the ladder and goes straight down shouldn't have the extra years beyond those 4 seasons to now reconstruct a list he has deconstructed.
Yeah it's hard to argue with any of that TBH. :$

I think there have definitely been some mistakes made with your list management, and exactly how much input Bucks has had into that I'm not sure. One thing that I do know for sure is that if the Pies have a poor first half of the season the pressure will begin to mount on Bucks very quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why so touchy? Have you forgotten what it's like to be an ordinary team. This little purple patch isn't going to last forever. What's stopping 2015 bring another 2009?
The polar opposites in both depth and post season surgeries.

North will be very lucky to even scrape into the 8. Losing Greenwood and picking up 2 injury prone older spuds will affect them more than people think.

They will have a similar year to 2013 and Brad Scott will be sacked. This list is lookin like a lot Richmond after 2001

North will be very lucky to even scrape into the 8. Losing Greenwood and picking up 2 injury prone older spuds will affect them more than people think.

They will have a similar year to 2013 and Brad Scott will be sacked. This list is lookin like a lot Richmond after 2001
Poor troll attempt is poor.

Unlike Richmond, our strategy is to put together a list that doesn't lose consecutive elimination finals.

Poor troll attempt is poor.

Unlike Richmond, our strategy is to put together a list that doesn't lose consecutive elimination finals.
It worked on you. ;)

Anyway, if you keep talking North up as much as you are, you might actually start to believe it! :eek:

Surely you have heard the spine-tingling bigfooty stories of a user called Gillo94 who appears every time someone predicts Carlton to fall. Please reconsider your predictions. :eek:
Port
Hawks
Freo
North
Sydney
Essendon
Gold Coast
Geelong

Richmond
Collingwood
Adelaide
Brisbane