2015 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

It's hardly a rivalry off 1 tight preliminary final. Needs a few more big matches before it could even be considered a rivalry

ANZAC day game should help with that I think.

1. Sydney - were the best performed team last year and stumbled in the final. Will learn a lot from that.
2. Hawthorn - great team who have improved their list.
3. Port - are confident, fit and fast. Other teams know what to expect and have pushed harder re training loads so may be able to match Port in that area.
4. Gold Coast - new coach, Gazza back, Malceski, another pre-season in to the youngsters.
5. North Melb - Good solid team. Waite and Higgins will add class but can they stay on the ground for the entire season?
6. Richmond - Good team but don't have the depth in the mid-field of the above teams.
7. Geelong - Not the power they once were. Stanley and Clark are interesting additions. Ageing list.
8. Carlton - Will get shouted down for this but have class players Judd, Kruez, Thomas finally fit. Added some good depth and an easy draw. May sneak in.
9. Fremantle - List is pretty old. Don't seem to have the hunger and speed required to play their game plan.
10. Collingwood - Young list with not many superstars left. Swan another year older. Reid injuries hurt their structure. Getting games in to the young talent.
11. Essendon - Good team with excellent KPP's and solid onballers. Would have them around 6th if not for pending ASADA penalties.
12. Adelaide - Interesting team this year. New captain/coach. Home ground advantage. Will be a tough team to play against.
13. Brisbane - Great off season recruiting for the Lions. Still a long way to go from where they are coming from.
14. GWS - Still young but getting better every year. Another year to get games in to the team. Will be tougher than previous years.
15. WCE - Not enough talent on their list at the moment. Transitional stage.
16. Western Bulldogs - Big upheaval during the off-season where they lost a lot of players. Will take time with a new coach. Great young talent.
17. Melbourne - Work in progress but Roosy will improve them. Top class pick ups in the draft to bolster their onballers but will take time.
18. St Kilda - Totally re-building. Will get games in to their youngsters and be a really good team in 3 years time.

I reckon the top three are a long way ahead of the rest. Gold Coast are not in the class of the top three but are improving steadily. I'm still not sold on Richmond or North so don't see them as premiership contenders. Geelong and Freo are on the slide. Who knows what will happen with Essendon - they have a good list but ASADA! Carlton, Collingwood and Adelaide could end up anywhere between 8-12 and I see the rest falling anywhere below there.

Injuries and luck will play a huge part...

1. Sydney - were the best performed team last year and stumbled in the final. Will learn a lot from that.
2. Hawthorn - great team who have improved their list.
3. Port - are confident, fit and fast. Other teams know what to expect and have pushed harder re training loads so may be able to match Port in that area.
4. Gold Coast - new coach, Gazza back, Malceski, another pre-season in to the youngsters.
5. North Melb - Good solid team. Waite and Higgins will add class but can they stay on the ground for the entire season?
6. Richmond - Good team but don't have the depth in the mid-field of the above teams.
7. Geelong - Not the power they once were. Stanley and Clark are interesting additions. Ageing list.
8. Carlton - Will get shouted down for this but have class players Judd, Kruez, Thomas finally fit. Added some good depth and an easy draw. May sneak in.
9. Fremantle - List is pretty old. Don't seem to have the hunger and speed required to play their game plan.
10. Collingwood - Young list with not many superstars left. Swan another year older. Reid injuries hurt their structure. Getting games in to the young talent.
11. Essendon - Good team with excellent KPP's and solid onballers. Would have them around 6th if not for pending ASADA penalties.
12. Adelaide - Interesting team this year. New captain/coach. Home ground advantage. Will be a tough team to play against.
13. Brisbane - Great off season recruiting for the Lions. Still a long way to go from where they are coming from.
14. GWS - Still young but getting better every year. Another year to get games in to the team. Will be tougher than previous years.
15. WCE - Not enough talent on their list at the moment. Transitional stage.
16. Western Bulldogs - Big upheaval during the off-season where they lost a lot of players. Will take time with a new coach. Great young talent.
17. Melbourne - Work in progress but Roosy will improve them. Top class pick ups in the draft to bolster their onballers but will take time.
18. St Kilda - Totally re-building. Will get games in to their youngsters and be a really good team in 3 years time.

I reckon the top three are a long way ahead of the rest. Gold Coast are not in the class of the top three but are improving steadily. I'm still not sold on Richmond or North so don't see them as premiership contenders. Geelong and Freo are on the slide. Who knows what will happen with Essendon - they have a good list but ASADA! Carlton, Collingwood and Adelaide could end up anywhere between 8-12 and I see the rest falling anywhere below there.

Injuries and luck will play a huge part...

While i agree with most of your points, people seem to be overly underrating Freo, they have shown no sign of dropping off the pace for 2015, would be right in the top 4 mix(look how long Geelong have taken to slide). Carlton look too high based on their current list, the end is nigh for Juddy and after Murphy/Gibbs the midfield just drops away, they have also lost significant scoring power and their defense has been leaky of late. WCE also a little underrated but we’ll see.

That melbourne were shit?

anyway, carry on poindexter. Clearly the best 2 teams make it to the GF every year, in your dimension at least
You obviously don't remember that year very well

Nahas and Derrickx helped get their teams to the final 4. You don't play in sides that good if you're a dud.
And a ticket of appreciation to hang on their walls no doubt

Their coaches, who've been involved in multiple flags and coached their teams to the final 4 last year, would say otherwise. But yeah, what would they know. BF keyboard warriors are better judges.
If they said that they'd be wrong. Dead wrong!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Hawks
2. Port
3. Sydney
4. Freo
5. Geelong
6. North
7. Gold Coast
8. West Coast
9. Essendon
10. Richmond
11. Collingwood
12. Adelaide
13. Brisbane
14. Dogs
15. GWS
16. Melbourne
17. Carlton
18. Saints

If they said that they'd be wrong. Dead wrong![/QUOTE]

Would they ??? Derickx filled in for Pyke as number 1 ruckman rucking one out while Pyke was out for a long period of time and the Swans lost 3 out of the first 4. Swans then went on a winning streak of 11 on end where Derickx was apart of 7 or 8 of them and playing the best footy of his career. It is worth noting this part of the season is where the Swans not only set up top 4 but probably their chance of finishing top 2. With that said I would say Longmire would disagree and you would be wrong. Dead wrong.

Loving the underrating of Essendon! the past two seasons have seen Essedon win 12 games or more and on paper will be a stronger side this season as the likes of Joey Daniher and the inclusion of Cooney adds to the growing mid-field strength.
Cooney is finished and you lost Ryder so no

Teams like Essendon and North's recruiting has been horrible this year, top up central

Hawthorn
Sydney
Geelong
Essendon
Gold Coast
Freo
Port
North

Richmond
West Coast
Adelaide
Brisbane
GWS
Collingwood
Footscray
Carlton
Melbourne
StKilda

Adelaide lower reaches of bottom 8 not that big a shock

Most wouldn't have them Top 8 would they?

lol what... I don't know what your talking about, we have a much better list than your team who everyone has top 6.

Besides 70/80% of people have us top 8 anyway...

cinderella man

Haha! Yep I'm sure it was Derickx that was responsible for the turn around. :rolleyes:

What a pile of absolute garbage!

No one said he was responsible for the turn around. He contributed to it just as much as any of them did apart from Franklin. You are trying to say he had no influence on it which shows you know little, as do people giving out likes to posts that are nothing more than tripe.

No one said he was responsible for the turn around. He contributed to it just as much as any of them did apart from Franklin. You are trying to say he had no influence on it which shows you know little, as do people giving out likes to posts that are nothing more than tripe.
You didn't say that he was responsible for the turn around, but you did imply it. It's kinda the same thing really...

And don't be too hard on yourself mate. I'm sure somebody will like a post of yours one day!

Keep punchin' Cinderella man! :)

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back