2015 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

He didn't play the best of his career, he just played in 1 of the best teams. If you mean all his job was to grab the oppo ruck and basically bear hug him all day, then yeah he did that to perfection.

Drafting three players <Pick #36 while replacing delisted players with Higgins and Waite is bad recruiting?
lol, you lost Greenwood because you gave all the $$$ to Higgin and Waite

Stupid from the Kangaroos. How about not getting Waite and give some more money to Greenwood. It was hilariously silly and amateurish

lol, you lost Greenwood because you gave all the $$$ to Higgin and Waite

Stupid from the Kangaroos. How about not getting Waite and give some more money to Greenwood. It was hilariously silly and amateurish

Our record since FA and the raid from the Suns and GWS is as good as any in the league. Losing 1 best 22 player in the last 5 years is a great result in the current climate. Also adding the class of NDS.

We just won 2 finals and finished top 4. We are going better than most - including the Tigers.

It's the same as if the Tigers picked up Waite and Higgins and let Ellis walk to Collingwood because we can't give him some extra money now

I would have personally burned punt road down. You guys can sugar coat it all you want but it was a massive amateur top up fail from North and it will come back to bite you in the arse. I reckon if your recruiting dudes had their time again they'd ship Waite and Higgins back off to their old clubs and give Greenwood some of that dough

It's the same as if the Tigers picked up Waite and Higgins and let Ellis walk to Collingwood because we can't give him some extra money now

I would have personally burned punt road down. You guys can sugar coat it all you want but it was a massive amateur top up fail from North and it will come back to bite you in the arse. I reckon if your recruiting dudes had their time again they'd ship Waite and Higgins back off to their old clubs and give Greenwood some of that dough

So indside mids is a big concern for us now Greenwood is gone? With Swallow back to full fitness I am comfortable he will more than make up for the loss.

Greenwood has had 1 good year - I am happy not to over pay a player that demands big coin on the back of 1 good year.

So indside mids is a big concern for us now Greenwood is gone? With Swallow back to full fitness I am comfortable he will more than make up for the loss.

Greenwood has had 1 good year - I am happy not to over pay a player that demands big coin on the back of 1 good year.
Yeah that's fine but you guys couldn't if you wanted to anyway due to giving that money to Wiggins and Waite. From all reports he wasn't on very good coin before this fiasco and wasn't asking for much more

Yeah that's fine but you guys couldn't if you wanted to anyway due to giving that money to Wiggins and Waite. From all reports he wasn't on very good coin before this fiasco and wasn't asking for much more

He wasn't on good coin because pre 2014 he was not good. You seemed very concerned about a team that finished top 4 while your own had another terrible finals loss. Maybe your anger should be directed to punt road.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ellis is your _nd or _th best player
Please filll in the blank with a number, want to know how highly he's touted there at Punt

He wasn't on good coin because pre 2014 he was not good. You seemed very concerned about a team that finished top 4 while your own had another terrible finals loss. Maybe your anger should be directed to punt road.
Has nothing to do with it. I'm simply pointing out that it was very amateurish the way they handled it. Most would say Greenwood is a far better player to have on a list than Higgins and Waite

Ellis is your _nd or _th best player
Please filll in the blank with a number, want to know how highly he's touted there at Punt
I just used him as an example because he popped up first in my mind. Don't rate him ?

I just used him as an example because he popped up first in my mind. Don't rate him ?
Nah I probably got him as your 4rd best mid, 6th most important player.
Cotchin, Rance, Riewoldt, Martin, Deledio, Ellis - importance

Edit: totally forgot Maric, probably after Rance.

Has nothing to do with it. I'm simply pointing out that it was very amateurish the way they handled it. Most would say Greenwood is a far better player to have on a list than Higgins and Waite

Fair enough - everyone is entitled to their opinon. Time will tell if it was a bad loss.

Fair enough - everyone is entitled to their opinon. Time will tell if it was a bad loss.
I agree, no point jumping all over North atm. They took a punt but it could very easily land them in a prelim in 2015(or beyond) if one of Waite or Higgins hits career best form.

The best way to win this argument is hindsight.

Our record since FA and the raid from the Suns and GWS is as good as any in the league. Losing 1 best 22 player in the last 5 years is a great result in the current climate. Also adding the class of NDS.

We just won 2 finals and finished top 4. We are going better than most - including the Tigers.

Just on the bold part mate. Most tigers supporters said exactly the same thing at the start of the 2002 season. Guess will see if your coach was right that your time is now, as you have commited now 3- 4 spots in your starting 22 with older guys which means those spots are games your kids cant play in the seniors.

It will be interesting to see how you guys go.

Just on the bold part mate. Most tigers supporters said exactly the same thing at the start of the 2002 season. Guess will see if your coach was right that your time is now, as you have commited now 3- 4 spots in your starting 22 with older guys which means those spots are games your kids cant play in the seniors.

It will be interesting to see how you guys go.

And that goes both ways - see Roos in 1994.

It does look like a race in 3 with Swans, Hawks and Port. The gap to 4 is decent IMO.

And that goes both ways - see Roos in 1994.

It does look like a race in 3 with Swans, Hawks and Port. The gap to 4 is decent IMO.

Agree bud, and glad you took my post for what it was, it was not a knock BUT I still wake up screaming in rage thinking how we set our club back years by believing we were ready when we were not.

The North story this year, is going to be interesting. Best of luck to you and your side.

Firstly, we didn't give any money to Wiggins.
Secondly, Levi was on about 250K last year, went to Collingwood for about 450K. That's almost double.
So at what point do you stop sprouting ignorance on matters you clearly aren't clued up in?
Or you could continue and keep bringing the LOLs. Either way, it's a victory for BF.

Most would say Greenwood is a far better player to have on a list than Higgins and Waite
Probably because most don't have the midfield depth that our list has, which is why we weren't prepared to pay overs to keep him, and why we will be fine without him.
Net result; we lost one decent player who we have more than adequate depth for, and brought in 2 decent players to fill needs, Higgins for more silk, Waite to help out Petrie or our defenders if needed.
So as much as you want to persist with pushing how silly a move it was, we're fine with the outcome. I trust our list managers who've hardly put a foot wrong in recent years.

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back