List Mgmt. 2015 LIST Discussion - trades, free agency etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disappointing with the way we are going about it, trading for the sake of trading and that too for under's for Menzel? Sick of it, I have stuck by Carlton for 18 years and haven't seen anything improve instead I have seen players traded away for virtually nothing. If we do this Menzel trade then we deserve all the shit we cop, what a joke.
I still don't know how to highlight passages in a quote, but "sick of it" ... "Players traded away for virtually nothing"... "Deserve all the shit we cop", pretty much nails it as far as I'm concerned.

Why would we trade Menzel?

Kerridge is worth a third round pick alone. Uncontracted fringe player.
Yes!! SOS has said nothing for me to believe he is just going to make idiotic trades for the sake of trading. Menzel has only just turned 21 and should be part of our future plans. If he does want to leave then so be it but we are just simply not going to accept some crap offer for one of our best young players who is still contracted.

I know I'm going to get howled down for this by the the more pragmatic, logical and measured supporters on here.
But I'm getting really tired of this. Seriously, I've just about had it! All I keep hearing is who we're moving on. We're pinning our hopes on a super deal with GWS which may or may not take place. In the meantime, the last couple of years we've lost Laidler, Waite, Eddie, Jeffy, Henderson, Yarran, Bell, throw in Juddy and Carrots... And although it may only be speculation, I hear names like Kreuzer, Gibbs, Casbolt and Menzal. It's all a bit much, does anyone agree? Or am I just too emotional about our players?

However, you don't cut your nose to spite your face.

It has to be a measured process, and not about simply offloading players with currency and instead electing to pick up cloggers from other clubs.

Menzel has his issues; that is conceded, but he is 21 and talented. Let him operate under the new coach and see how he goes.
Instead of trying to get rid of players who underperformed under Mick and lets face it, most of the squad underperformed, why don't we let Bolton work with our players especially the ones perceived to have loads of talent before we discard them to other teams to reap the rewards.

Menzel needs to stay and I'd be happy if Yarran stayed as well. I think Bolton would get the best out of them.

Great posts gentleman! Bravo!!

Does anyone else think the club might believe Menz will be a flight risk throughout his career? I can only assume (hope) that's the main reason we'd be entertaining this.

I'm not against trading him but not for that rubbish deal.

If this Menzel deal happens then I will seriously question if SOS knows what he is doing.

While it looks puzzling to us I'm have no doubt SOS has all the relevant information to make the best decision for the club.

We really don't know whats happening with players and their suitability for us going forward.

SOS will do this trade if its best for Carlton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While it looks puzzling to us I'm have no doubt SOS has all the relevant information to make the best decision for the club.

We really don't know whats happening with players and their suitability for us going forward.

SOS will do this trade if its best for Carlton
With all due respect to you and SOS, I would've thought over the last few years we've had people in place who we believed had "all the relevant information to make the best decision for the club"... And we know how that turned out...

Just offering that poster Rite Back at ya posted twice when this was first rumoured that Menzel needed to get back to family in Adelaide to work through some issues. Seem to recall some suggestion a while back of problem gambling with the gee gees (carnival is in full swing). I don't know anything, but surely if our brains trust are considering trading him for unders there may well be an underlying issue. Similarly his form declined, either is riddled with injury issues or is unable to work through "niggles that most players handle routinely.

Cannot believe that our hierarchy would sell him low after giving him a gig on 2016 promos unless there was a hidden issue. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back