List Mgmt. 2015 LIST Discussion - trades, free agency etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Adelaide fans in here trying to pump up Kerridge then you should forget about trying to get Menzel for him like has been discussed 2 or 3rd rounder for him or Tutt and Jones I think that's more than a fair deal.

Last edited:
An absolute shocker deal imo.

Its an appalling deal. And thats an understatement.

And if the rumours are true about us trading picks 20 and 21 away for crap GWS players Ill be most unhappy. Im still waiting for Jaksh and Whiley to do anything.

Are these 4 GWS players guns or something? Everything I have read about them is that they are injury prone and can't break into a team full of kids and yet we are going ape shit over them? Sorry but SOS does not seem to be any better that the last few "list managers" we have had, it's a pathetic joke this is what the CFC has turned into.

We talk about no more "quick fixes" or "messiahs" for Carlton. And yet we're counting on SOS to completely rejuvenate our list and lift us off the bottom of the ladder with his list managing skills. That sounds like a quick fix AND a messiah to me... But more troubling is that with less than 48 hours remaining in the trade period, so far we've lost or are losing some very talented chore players, there's discussion of getting rid of a very talented 21 year old, and apart from a couple of picks and talk of some hit and miss players, I'm not sure what we've gained or are going to gain...

Sumner and Plowman are high picks with injury problems. Lamb is the mercurial forward type who hasn't put it together yet. Phillips is meat n' potatoes ruckman
Oh well thank god for that, I was thinking we might have trouble covering the losses of Henderson, Yarran, Bell, Juddy and Carrazzo... Silly me, what was I worried about?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe nearly all Adelaide supporters would have preferred Kerridge in the 22 multiple times this year over some selections.
Heard that about Whiley at GWS last year too.
Kerridge is not being traded because he loves Adelaide and is a lock in your best 22.
I think Curnow will outrun him, and Curnow may have better skills.
We need list improvement not rejects who add to our depth (in the VFL).
Prefer to go to draft and find some talent.

Maybe it ends up being effectively menzel for Kerridge, plowman, Phillips etc, when pick is on traded, let's give this a little time to unfold and substantiate itself before we jump off the deep end. #stayingpositive

Yeah who? Who are the stand outs? They don't want to seem to come to Carlton and the ones that do are rubbish.

On Gws list?

Treloar, Shiel, McCarthy, Cameron, Smith, Greene, Tomlinson, Ward, Coniglio

and so on.

You don't think that they're talented?

Oh yeah, he only compiled the list so full of talent half the league is raiding
He had a free run at it! It's not like he had to deal or negotiate for these players. They had an abundance of picks and a huge leg up from the AFL... I'm yet to be convinced..

Good picks? Really?

Are you saying that we received overs for these players?

No I don't know the process he has gone through, but I am simply pointing out that people are jumping to his defence in circumstances where I believe that had he not been a Carlton great, supporters would not be so accommodating.

Equally, in a year where we languished at the bottom and we had a fair share of injuries, Whiley and Jaksch struggled to break into the team, What would be the inference there?

You can only make assessments based on what is presented before you. Those GWS players, outside of Tomlinson, have not shown much to be impressed so much so that they are earmarked as part of the foundation for our rebuild.

Well done on your informed reply though...

Considering hendo and bell wanted out for various reasons, yes geelongs first and pick 21 are good deals for those players.

If that menzel trade goes through I'll be pissed like everyone here, but I'd be surprised if it did given our other trades.

So now the talk-up of our incoming wounded begins.
Player W only has one leg but shit he's got a lot of heart. Player X has all of his limbs but has a bigger turning circle than Watson. Player Y is really fast but can't kick, and Player Z is consistently late and has an attitude problem, but what an elite kick!

Can't ****ing wait :straining:

Looks like Adelaide fans in here trying to pump up Kerridge then you should forget about trying to get Menzel for him like has been discussed 2 or 3rd rounder for him or Tutt and Jones I think that's more than a fair deal.
OK, if they bend us over a barrel we will reluctantly give up Tutt and Jones for Kerridge. 2:1 deal how could Adelaide lose:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back