List Mgmt. 2015 LIST Discussion - trades, free agency etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had a free run at it! It's not like he had to deal or negotiate for these players. They had an abundance of picks and a huge leg up from the AFL... I'm yet to be convinced..

I know, but they are damn talented none the less, did you expect him to turn down the opportunity?

Like GC, SOS helped the Giants trade for future picks and compo as well as draft players

This board is full of sooky lala's.

Can we at least wait for the trades to be complete before crying into our suppers?

Theres plenty of things to complain about though if even any of the rumours are true.
  • Over-rating yarran as a trade. On recent efforts and attitude he was never worth pick 12k.
  • continuing our recent tradtion of flogging off or letting go anyone who plays forward of the centre line (Henderson (who was at least uncontracted), and probably Menzel this year). Honestly surprised we still have Casboult.
  • using our high draft picks to pull in injury prone nobodies from GWS. Honestly not sure why we bother turning up on draft day any more. We squander high draft picks like a drunk guy at a strip club squanders money.
  • we STILL have Warnock on the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Theres plenty of things to complain about though if even any of the rumours are true.
  • Over-rating yarran as a trade. On recent efforts and attitude he was never worth pick 12k.
  • continuing our recent tradtion of flogging off or letting go anyone who plays forward of the centre line (Henderson (who was at least uncontracted), and probably Menzel this year). Honestly surprised we still have Casboult.
  • using our high draft picks to pull in injury prone nobodies from GWS. Honestly not sure why we bother turning up on draft day any more. We squander high draft picks like a drunk guy at a strip club squanders money.
  • we STILL have Warnock on the list.

Once Phillips comes, Warnock will go

Player W only has one leg but shit he's got a lot of heart. Player X has all of his limbs but has a bigger turning circle than Watson. Player Y is really fast but can't kick, and Player Z is consistently late and has an attitude problem, but what an elite kick!

Can't ******* wait :straining:
kill me

We talk about no more "quick fixes" or "messiahs" for Carlton. And yet we're counting on SOS to completely rejuvenate our list and lift us off the bottom of the ladder with his list managing skills. That sounds like a quick fix AND a messiah to me... But more troubling is that with less than 48 hours remaining in the trade period, so far we've lost or are losing some very talented chore players, there's discussion of getting rid of a very talented 21 year old, and apart from a couple of picks and talk of some hit and miss players, I'm not sure what we've gained or are going to gain...

This is just so wrong...
-We aren't looking to SOS as the messiah, we are looking to him to list manage.

-Which core players have we "lost"? Henderson and Yarran wanted out and have been heavily criticised by the majority of posters all year for their pea hearts and lack of pride in the jumper. Bell is the one we'd like to keep but requested to go home for family reasons and pick 21 isa reasonable result considering the situation.

-Nothing has happened with Menzel yet

The hysteria and SOS bashing are embarrassing considering he hasn't even finished his first trade week yet. And just on the Menzel trade, are you really going to sit there and say SOS needs to be seen doing something in the eyes of others to validate himself and conjure a trade for trades sake? Maybe is it more likely that he is privy to certain things that you aren't regarding Menzel and views trading him as the best thing for the club? FWIW I hope Troy does stay but wow it's pretty obvious that if they move on a talented youngster who is also contracted there is more going on behind the scenes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back