Official Club Stuff 2015 Membership Tally - Final Tally - *47305

Remove this Banner Ad

:eek:

th

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like overkill to me in both classification of threads and moderating this whole off season.

Some classifying of threads has been done after consultation and listening to suggestion. Others follow the spirit of those discussions in that we get posters who go to threads to find certain info but so many threads break out into different conversations that they have to go searching to find what they want. The Rumour thread rebirth is a prime example of keeping things simple and informative and not letting it drift.

We have the Blue Room, we have the a banter thread, we have a thread for things that don't require a thread. Now and then we're going to have to tidy other threads up a bit.

Bottom line. We can't please everybody. Lack of moderation = criticism. Moderation = criticism.

We have the Questions and suggestions thread for people to raise these very issues. If an issue comes up enough because the mood of the board is evolving yet again, we discussing how we are going to evolve with it. There's a heap of ex mods on the board. They know how we can't win in these situations. Line of least resistance is the best we can hope for.

But instead of putting up with the odd confused poster we're just moving and deleting posts/threads to fit what moderators are creating.

Right now the forum is unreadable - two rumour threads, 40 or so days of christmas, two membership threads, there's a rarely used dreamteam thread stickied and a very subjective rule to moderating random posts. Like moderating for the sake of it.

I like the two rumour threads but as I've stated before I think the rest is overkill. That's my say, no need to PM people.

But instead of putting up with the odd confused poster we're just moving and deleting posts/threads to fit what moderators are creating.

Right now the forum is unreadable - two rumour threads, 40 or so days of christmas, two membership threads, there's a rarely used dreamteam thread stickied and a very subjective rule to moderating random posts. Like moderating for the sake of it.

I like the two rumour threads but as I've stated before I think the rest is overkill. That's my say, no need to PM people.

Okay, so you're fine with the rumour threads.

The days of xmas was offseason fluff which admin thought was a great idea when they saw it. Those threads will sink nicely in time for the footy.

The SC/DT thread is an annual occurrence. Opposition posters PM us looking for it as other team boards also provide the service, and BF admin want us all to facilitate these comps. Some sort of site wide uniformity to capture those interested.

So we're really left with the two membership threads. One is questions and answers, one is numbers. It could be combined I suppose but is it only an issue because of all the other annoying things on the front page at present?

You don't have to PM Zee, just post your queries or complaints in the suggestions thread. We're not inflexible, we just don't change something with every complaint we get. It has to be a bit of a trend.

Please understand we're not trying to upset anybody. If posters approach us in the right spirit, preferably not by being publicly critical without giving us the opportunity to explain, they'll get a good response, if not favourable.

By the way it wasn't the odd confused poster either. It was also highly critical, calling us out type posting and there was enough to try to find a compromise.

You've missed the whole point of my posts.

Nah...I get where you're coming from (tbh the Rumour thread/s thing seemed a bit odd to me too, and I have had a post moved from one Membership thread to the other), but I reckon once you know what is what you just frequent those threads that tickle your fancy...

I reckon once you know what is what you just frequent those threads that tickle your fancy...

Different site altogether SBYM.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff 2015 Membership Tally - Final Tally - *47305

Remove this Banner Ad

Back