Official Club Stuff 2015 Membership Tally - Final Tally - *47305

Remove this Banner Ad

7k behind last year, and last year was disappointing!!!

I still haven't bought mine yet, will do this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Buy a dozen memberships Kruzering , we need it. :D

2015members16022015.png
Just cant understand why Essendon has hardly dropped off at all and we are down nearly 20%

Why would they set such a ridiculous difficult target of 5 in 5 and not change their approach the recruitment of members differently and incentives non-members to join? It just seems like bad business. Our 3 game memberships are like $95 and we don't have a cheaper option for adults. Essendon have $75 3 game membership and Collingwood have 8 membership options for adults priced under $100? No wonder we're falling behind.

Why would they set such a ridiculous difficult target of 5 in 5 and not change their approach the recruitment of members differently and incentives non-members to join? It just seems like bad business. Our 3 game memberships are like $95 and we don't have a cheaper option for adults. Essendon have $75 3 game membership and Collingwood have 8 membership options for adults priced under $100? No wonder we're falling behind.

Yep, my pet hate atm, - Our Membership Department is REALLY in need of an overhaul. Was thinking about it today (while visiting my PO Box to see if by chance my membership had turned up since I purchased it in early Jan ). You know things are dire when even a club being hauled of the coals for being (alleged) drug cheats are 20k up on us...

It's not just the lack of options under $100, it's the whole 'Silver Spoon Liberal Elitism' mentality that seems to be stopping us from trying to lift our numbers. We appear to be stuck in the Post-Industrial Baby Boomer mentality that suggests 'Captains Club' is the norm and we won't pander to the pesky working class. Big $$ from big fish is no longer going to cut it since the AFL introduced Salary Caps and crackdowns on under the table payments. Even if those weren't there, we haven't tasted any significant Success in 20years, and Big Business ALWAYS demands Big Results!

We appear to have overhauled all areas of CFC in recent years, on and off field, yet our membership dept remains in the stone age.

GET IT RIGHT FELLAS!

Why do they need to make excuses? Carlton also sells 3 game memberships, Carlton also gifted thousands of memberships two years ago to hit our 'record' 50k membership.

You have completely missed the point in what their strategy is for growing memberships and in turn revenue. I'll give you a clue, I'm going to guess most people here are probably paying for very expensive memberships, and just like me, those members started as 'silver' or whatever the base membership was in their time. The exact same thing will happen for Richmond and Hawthorn in their thousands over the coming years, as these members want better seats or access to finals games.

I just don't understand some people around here with complete one eyed support for Carlton without looking objectively at other clubs. Richmond have done a really, really good job to turn things around, something we're still trying desperately to do.

I don't think we gifted any memberships to reach 50k.

It's just that Jeanne and family REALLY, REALLY, REALLY like being Carlton members. Enough to buy thousands of them, I suspect...:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think we gifted any memberships to reach 50k.

It's just that Jeanne and family REALLY, REALLY, REALLY like being Carlton members. Enough to buy thousands of them, I suspect...:)
I received a free three-game membership in 2012. I told them at the end of the year in the survey that if they just made the memberships more affordable/better value (or at least not charge us $10 more than the other clubs) they probably wouldn't have to give the buggers away to bullshit the numbers.

Give it another 12 months. At the moment most of them are still standing behind Hird.
Just wait until ASADA goes whack whack.

In 12 months time all they are going to be doing is standing behind a steaming, stinking pile of turd!!

The next update will surely be over 1000

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff 2015 Membership Tally - Final Tally - *47305

Remove this Banner Ad

Back