2015 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Know where you're coming from but for my mate it wasn't a financial decision. It was more she doesn't want to take a newborn to games next season, but she would've been the first to take it off hold and resume her spot in 2016.

Apparently the membership department didn't even attempt to offer an alternative to her as well - they pretty much said pay up or we're not interested in keeping you as a member, which is very disappointing conduct from the club.

Fact is that if the only 2 choices are renew in full or don't, there's no other way that information will be received regardless of how understanding the deliverer attempts to be. This is where selling your ticket back to the club to increase crowd numbers would allow someone in your friends situation to recoup a portion of their membership. I recall Fagan referring to this in an email. In the modern day, I'm sure it's easily achievable and shouldn't be uneconomic to implement. Surely it's something that the afl and every other club should be working on to maximise attendance and member value.

Living in alice springs, I obviously see very few games. I rang the club every game I couldn't make asking whether there was an online method of transferring my ticket. With mates picking the physical version up it's ok, but there was a couple of occasions where random (via BF) interstaters were trying to get them and it was a root. Was also given conflicting info at times, but that's a different topic.

Pay up and give the ticket away each week that's what I have done in the past. How could they sell it to someone else for the year then give it back to your pregnant friend the year after? Just not practical for a sold out stadium and I think fair enough.

I don't think that's too much of a stretch tbh. People take 12 month employment contracts to cover mat leave etc. Surely, if one if the major components of your existence can be a 12 month arrangement, then access to watch your footy team based on a similar premise can't be too disagreeable. I guess the question is whether as members, we'd like to see the club do a little more in assisting the exchange process.

One thing is for sure, the Membership department could do with some major customer service training.

I have had some good experiences, but in other instances (and even when signing up crows nest memberships) I almost felt as though I had imposed on the 'service' representative. In an industry where your members are EVERYTHING this makes absolutely no sense.

I sent an email questioning why my gold upgrade didn't auto-renew. I did get a satisfactory response advising me to call after 5 Jan. What surprised me was that in the response email they said that they'd tried "calling my mob", but didn't have any luck. In alice springs, my mob is me, my wife and our bulldogs. My sister is moving up here in January, so my mob will grow to include her. Are kids these days capable of communicating in anything other than SMS speak. I know it's a minor gripe but it shits me nonetheless.

Edit - Worth remembering that there has not existed a culture at the AFC that members are everything. In fact, quite the opposite based on Trigg's public utterances. That kind of culture cannot be fixed in its entirety overnight.

This whole renewal process has been a giant stink fest. They should have had live people to answer all questions because the roll out has been littered with questions that need answers. The lines are going to be clogged on the 5th.

This is where selling your ticket back to the club to increase crowd numbers would allow someone in your friends situation to recoup a portion of their membership. I recall Fagan referring to this in an email. In the modern day, I'm sure it's easily achievable and shouldn't be uneconomic to implement. Surely it's something that the afl and every other club should be working on to maximise attendance and member value.

Living in alice springs, I obviously see very few games. I rang the club every game I couldn't make asking whether there was an online method of transferring my ticket. With mates picking the physical version up it's ok, but there was a couple of occasions where random (via BF) interstaters were trying to get them and it was a root. Was also given conflicting info at times, but that's a different topic.

Spot on - and this is purely the club's fault for not putting enough investment in this.

For Essential Crows members who go to the MCG and use the reciprocal rights, it's as simple as scanning your (Ticketmater) member card into the (Ticketek) scanners. It's even the same at Adelaide Oval. Yet for some reason the club has thrown it's hands up in the air and said 'too hard' to organise a member ticket buy-back/ticket exchange scheme. It smacks of laziness by the club - considering other sporting clubs/arenas in the world offer similar schemes (and we had a ticket exchange scheme at AAMI).

If the club had a buy back scheme, my mate probably wouldn't have even considered looking at putting her membership on hold for a season, but renewed, gone to the games she could go to and put the ticket in the resale pool for the other games.

Spot on - and this is purely the club's fault for not putting enough investment in this.

For Essential Crows members who go to the MCG and use the reciprocal rights, it's as simple as scanning your (Ticketmater) member card into the (Ticketek) scanners. It's even the same at Adelaide Oval. Yet for some reason the club has thrown it's hands up in the air and said 'too hard' to organise a member ticket buy-back/ticket exchange scheme. It smacks of laziness by the club - considering other sporting clubs/arenas in the world offer similar schemes (and we had a ticket exchange scheme at AAMI).

If the club had a buy back scheme, my mate probably wouldn't have even considered looking at putting her membership on hold for a season, but renewed, gone to the games she could go to and put the ticket in the resale pool for the other games.

I suppose that considering the SMA benefit from the extra crowds and associated spend, it's probably something they should be contributing to.

I sent an email questioning why my gold upgrade didn't auto-renew. I did get a satisfactory response advising me to call after 5 Jan. What surprised me was that in the response email they said that they'd tried "calling my mob", but didn't have any luck. In alice springs, my mob is me, my wife and our bulldogs. My sister is moving up here in January, so my mob will grow to include her. Are kids these days capable of communicating in anything other than SMS speak. I know it's a minor gripe but it shits me nonetheless.

Edit - Worth remembering that there has not existed a culture at the AFC that members are everything. In fact, quite the opposite based on Trigg's public utterances. That kind of culture cannot be fixed in its entirety overnight.

In all fairness to Mr Fagan, to be popular amongst the fans, all he had to do originally was "not be Stephen Trigg". This renewal season has not gone smoothly, both through things out of his control (last minute public transport tax) and things within his control (letters going out with the wrong date for auto-renewal). Will be interesting to see how he deals with it.

Just bought a bigass 49" 4k TV to watch AFL in glorious standard definition. With such an investment will probably go for a 3 game membership. Do you get seats with these 3 game memberships or is it for standing space only?
I got a new 55" yesterday as old 42" on the blink. Watched part of old Fox footy game & much clearer with ball movement... Though still doesn't beat seeing it live :)

In all fairness to Mr Fagan, to be popular amongst the fans, all he had to do originally was "not be Stephen Trigg". This renewal season has not gone smoothly, both through things out of his control (last minute public transport tax) and things within his control (letters going out with the wrong date for auto-renewal). Will be interesting to see how he deals with it.

As important a process this is, he has to place a fair amount of trust in his GM of Memberships, or whichever other GM is responsible for the mess. Let's hope that person is packing their bags or on their last chance. You can bet that this person assured the CEO that all was well and they were ready to pull the trigger.

I got a new 55" yesterday as old 42" on the blink. Watched part of old Fox footy game & much clearer with ball movement... Though still doesn't beat seeing it live :)
Is it curved? Don't know if it good or not?

As important a process this is, he has to place a fair amount of trust in his GM of Memberships, or whichever other GM is responsible for the mess. Let's hope that person is packing their bags or on their last chance. You can bet that this person assured the CEO that all was well and they were ready to pull the trigger.

Exactly - apologies, i did not mean to imply he was directly responsible, but yes his underlying managers are all about to see how he deals with a stuff-up internally. Yup the trigger-puller will be wishing he or she didn't jump the gun ;)

My 42" LG was replaced before Xmas with a larger model too - set it up, picture was terrible. Played with the settings, picture is awesome. Will go watch Fox Footy to see how the ball movement is.

PS don't buy Sony

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My 42" LG was replaced before Xmas with a larger model too - set it up, picture was terrible. Played with the settings, picture is awesome. Will go watch Fox Footy to see how the ball movement is.

PS don't buy Sony
I have 2 42" LG and they are still great. But want to go 55". Don't know wether curved or not?

Is it curved? Don't know if it good or not?
It's better viewing than old one side on as no longer have to swivel it when cooking in the kitchen.

I have 2 42" LG and they are still great. But want to go 55". Don't know wether curved or not?

I've never tried curved before. Seen it in stores but wasn't sure the difference was worth the price.

Ps I didn't get curved but can view side on clearly.

Also 200 htz for clearer ball movement :)

Last edited:
You don't need to see the toast cooking and you can butter and vegemite it on the coffee table in front of the TV.
Lol. I do enjoy vegemite on toast for breakfast... But do like cooking a decent meal too. Had my garlic & red wine kangaroo last night with mash & veges, topped with mushrooms... Washed down with a good shiraz :)

Lol. I do enjoy vegemite on toast for breakfast... But do like cooking a decent meal too. Had my garlic & red wine kangaroo last night with mash & veges, topped with mushrooms... Washed down with a good shiraz :)
Very lean and strong meat. I would cook it if my Mrs wasn't English and only like egg chip and beans

Rare side of medium rare and McLaren vale?
Yes & no. Was a barossa shiraz - had a 2004 McLaren vale Samuels George previous night after a 1999 Shaw & Smith merlot a good mate brought over to have with Xmas leftovers. Finnish cooked ham still tastes a treat. Great time of year! :)

Yes & no. Was a barossa shiraz - had a 2004 McLaren vale Samuels George previous night after a 1999 Shaw & Smith merlot a good mate brought over to have with Xmas leftovers. Finnish cooked ham still tastes a treat. Great time of year! :)

It certainly is. Would prefer it a smidgin cooler, but I'm an agitator, so I'm conditioned to complain.

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back