Position 2015 SuperCoach midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone going with danger? will he be back to 110 +.
If i need money else where might go Sloane > Danger.
I really like sloane but if they can av about the same danger is value plus.

Yeah I'm getting keen on Danger, he looked pretty good last night and I reckon he is set for a big year, certainly one that could get back to top 10.

Yeah I'm getting keen on Danger, he looked pretty good last night and I reckon he is set for a big year, certainly one that could get back to top 10.
I didnt see the game but.I think the new coach we want him in the guts ala put hes best players in the right spots.
I also think Crouch is a soild player/scorer but yet to play a full season,I have steven atm but like crouch.

I didnt see the game but.I think the new coach we want him in the guts ala put hes best players in the right spots.
I also think Crouch is a soild player/scorer but yet to play a full season,I have steven atm but like crouch.

He also played at FF at times and looked dangerous. Crouch is looking good but only 25 games worries me they usually take 50 games to settle and feel comfortable. His scoring and the end of last year was really good though and he has performed well in both NAB games so may be an exception but a little riskier I feel. Same reason I'm starting to go off Wines slightly - he's a beast and would be a good pick but I'm thinking I'd rather a proven premo like Danger/Griffen than hoping a player breaks out. Steven/Montagna better options that Crouch for that reason I think.

Steven has only had one year averaging over 90 in 6 and is one of the most likely to get the tag in his side...

The year he did he averaged 109 though and dropped last year due to injury. He has at least shown he is capable of scoring high and maintaining it for a whole season. Yes he might get tagged though. But Crouch is yet to play a full season, that's enough to turn me off him.

The year he did he averaged 109 though and dropped last year due to injury. He has at least shown he is capable of scoring high and maintaining it for a whole season. Yes he might get tagged though. But Crouch is yet to play a full season, that's enough to turn me off him.
Steven copped a tag throughout his breakout year anyway, it's not like it hasn't happened before.

What do you think ASwallow will av..?
Last year he averaged 93 coming back from achilles. His 5 years before that he averaged over 100 in all but one, which was his "breakout" year and even that was 98. Two of those years he averaged 109 and 111. By all reports he's had a good pre season, and we are a better side than we were before his injury, so I can't see any reason why he can't get back up to around that 110 mark

Steven copped a tag throughout his breakout year anyway, it's not like it hasn't happened before.
Yes but he had Hayes Dal & Monty as support.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outside of Hayes, how did the other rwo extremely outside players (one who is still there) exactly provide Steven much of a chop out?
Dal was an outsider granted but Monty (who was peaking btw) also contested his own ball. They may have drawn the tagger away at times releasing JSteven in spurts.

Whereas now with such a young inexperienced midfield, he will likely wear a much harder tag as he'll be main focus to shutdown.

Dal was an outsider granted but Monty (who was peaking btw) also contested his own ball. They may have drawn the tagger away at times releasing JSteven in spurts.

Whereas now with such a young inexperienced midfield, he will likely wear a much harder tag as he'll be main focus to shutdown.
Reckon Montagna is still the one who will be targetted, Armitage was also tagged in preference to Steven last game.

Reckon Montagna is still the one who will be targetted, Armitage was also tagged in preference to Steven last game.
It'll be Monty or JSteven...whoever is 'the form' player I suppose. Either way it won't affect the end result.

Q? How many teams do you think have true taggers? I ask because I don't think there's many and so both those guys should theoretically be able to play majority of games free flowing football.

Griffen/ Crouch/ Swallow.... all tease for a M5 spot, expecting that the chosen one will be a keeper and put close to 22 games together at around 110+. Griffen has the proven scoring range but just don't know. Swallow should be a part of a better team than he has before and back at full tilt after last year. Crouch has the unknown ceiling but could do anything.

Jaeger???? This guy could be the best player of the next 10 years. Haven't really heard any talk about him, possibly I've missed it, but in that range of 40+ games. A star in the making and in his second year averaged 98? Could he explode in the same way GC could this year?

Griffen/ Crouch/ Swallow.... all tease for a M5 spot, expecting that the chosen one will be a keeper and put close to 22 games together at around 110+. Griffen has the proven scoring range but just don't know. Swallow should be a part of a better team than he has before and back at full tilt after last year. Crouch has the unknown ceiling but could do anything.

Jaeger???? This guy could be the best player of the next 10 years. Haven't really heard any talk about him, possibly I've missed it, but in that range of 40+ games. A star in the making and in his second year averaged 98? Could he explode in the same way GC could this year?

Jaeger is coming off early pre season surgery so he hasn't had a full pre season. He could go bang, but it will be hard without having a good pre season run.

Although I dont think he will get there personally, Wines would be one a lot of people would slot into that group. I would have him as a better chance than Crouch FWIW.

Anyone rate Kane Cornes as one to slip under the radar as a POD ? getting on in age but still racks it up each week

Have to think that Cornes will be the Port tagger right?
Although not the Chad, is adept at finding his own footy when tagging an opponent, that generally not going to score as high as Boak and Wines etc.

Top 10 2014 Supercoach Midfielders (Average):
Ablett, Rockliff, Pendlebury, Fyfe, Selwood, Beams, Sloane, Kennedy, Sidebottom, Priddis

My current list of who could make the step into the top 10 in 2015:
Ward, Barlow, Parker, Jones, Watson, Dangerfield, Gibbs, Wines, Griffen

I'm not considering any midfielder outside of those 19 at the moment (Gray is in my forward line), with my current starting line up being Ablett-Pendlebury-Selwood-Beams-Griffen.

My question is, is there anyone else I should consider? I'm not really considering the likes of Priddis, Barlow and Jones (doubt their capacity for improvement SC wise, although they are likely to be around the mark of 8-15 again). I think I may have pigeon-holed myself too early and am looking at too few options. Need to expand my horizons but not really sure how/who

Top 10 2014 Supercoach Midfielders (Average):
Ablett, Rockliff, Pendlebury, Fyfe, Selwood, Beams, Sloane, Kennedy, Sidebottom, Priddis

My current list of who could make the step into the top 10 in 2015:
Ward, Barlow, Parker, Jones, Watson, Dangerfield, Gibbs, Wines, Griffen

I'm not considering any midfielder outside of those 19 at the moment (Gray is in my forward line), with my current starting line up being Ablett-Pendlebury-Selwood-Beams-Griffen.

My question is, is there anyone else I should consider? I'm not really considering the likes of Priddis, Barlow and Jones (doubt their capacity for improvement SC wise, although they are likely to be around the mark of 8-15 again). I think I may have pigeon-holed myself too early and am looking at too few options. Need to expand my horizons but not really sure how/who
Might be unlikely, but if you're prepared to consider Gibbs, why not Murphy. Cotchin coming from a similar starting point to Wines and Griffen also. I just think you start off with 4-5 no brainers (as you have done) and keep an eye on the rest. Don't write anybody off as an upgrade target at this point.

Might be unlikely, but if you're prepared to consider Gibbs, why not Murphy. Cotchin coming from a similar starting point to Wines and Griffen also. I just think you start off with 4-5 no brainers (as you have done) and keep an eye on the rest. Don't write anybody off as an upgrade target at this point.
Murphy has been injured the last few weeks. As far as I know he might not be a certainty to get up round 1, and even if he does he'll probably be underdone

Murphy has been injured the last few weeks. As far as I know he might not be a certainty to get up round 1, and even if he does he'll probably be underdone
Fair enough, but as an upgrade target I just don't think you write anyone off until you have a bit of form to go by. Someone totally unexpected might jump out of the pack and by Round 8 or so might be a serious consideration, even if now they are someone you wouldn't consider

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back