List Mgmt. 2015 Trade/Draft/FA - SuperMegaUltraThread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You mentioned a month or so ago that Congilio was going to come to WC, the next week he signed with GWS!
ahHA.gif

Assuming we get an end of first rounder for selwood, and thus had 2 picks from around 15 to 20, would we be likely to draft some decent players? or is the draft really so shallow that there isn't much around in the late teens and early 20s?

Happy to go to the draft with two first rounders albeit it late in the high teens.

Get some great young talent like last year!

Either way we can't lose, get a Bennell/Yarran/Jetta or get two talented youngsters to the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The more this season goes on, the more i think Selwood is out the door. This is good news :thumbsu:

Pretty much lose nothing, as his output has been low and arguably not best 22 anymore, whilst gaining a potential end of 1st or 2nd pick.

Where this gets truly interesting is, if this is the case, how should WC play this out? On the field he hurts us, yet off the field his currency drops.

A fiendish scenario for which I have no answers!

Assuming we get an end of first rounder for selwood, and thus had 2 picks from around 15 to 20, would we be likely to draft some decent players? or is the draft really so shallow that there isn't much around in the late teens and early 20s?

2002 - (64 picks) - Minson, Lonergan, Rivers, Murphy
2003 - (62 picks) - Butler, Adcock
2004 - (65 picks) - Polo, Rusling, Van Berlo, Rosa, Prismall, some bloke named LeCras
2005 - (62 picks) - Bower, Stanley, Muston, Ibbotson, Vince
2006 - (78 picks) - Stewart, Renouf, Edwards, Dawes, McKenzie

Just did some stats.. the verdict for me is trade out! (number of picks is purely the "main" draft removing recycled players). If this draft is on par with 2003 GTFO immediately. Players listed are around the 20-30 picks mark.

There is decent talent in this year's draft. The headline for me is that it is light on for quality talls but in midfield there is quality up until the end of the second round. I would not expect to get someone of the quality of Jackson Nelson at 50 - more likely at the 30 to 40 range.

2 picks from 15 to 20 would be great if we want midfielders/flankers who can take a turn through the midfield. If we want to go for a tall forward, then you are looking at the likes of McKay, Weideman, Dylan Smith, etc and there is a lack of consensus as to where they sit on talent boards.

"Simpson remains hopeful"- Sounds like Selwood is gone IMO.

The worst part of the article is this

"Selwood has played every game since, but has been the starting sub three times.

Simpson said it was a combination of form and fitness has seen Selwood wear the green vest.

"He's still managing his ankle," Simpson said.

"What we've been told is it's going to take a good season to get back to full comfort, the way he recovers, prepares, training during the week, how many kicks he can have on it.

"So he's been restricted a little bit and we've got to manage him through the season, but at the same time our midfield is performing pretty well, so a bit of both.
"

Why are we still playing him? We're managing him and he's a liability.

DAFUQ?!

YTF is he in the side?? Our depth isn't bad enough and scooter's not good enough that we have to find a way to get him into the side at the expense of other, fitter players.

"Simpson remains hopeful"- Sounds like Selwood is gone IMO.

The worst part of the article is this

"Selwood has played every game since, but has been the starting sub three times.

Simpson said it was a combination of form and fitness has seen Selwood wear the green vest.

"He's still managing his ankle," Simpson said.

"What we've been told is it's going to take a good season to get back to full comfort, the way he recovers, prepares, training during the week, how many kicks he can have on it.

"So he's been restricted a little bit and we've got to manage him through the season, but at the same time our midfield is performing pretty well, so a bit of both.
"

Why are we still playing him? We're managing him and he's a liability.
Our Bigfooty opinions are way ahead of the media and even the coaches , we been saying his form is shit for years

We should rookie him in another few years. Player-Doctor, the new Captain-Coach
Doing a bit to keep the off-field costs under the cap:p so that the equalisation payments are minimised.

I would like to know why he chose medicine. Whether he was inspired by the brilliance of the Eagles medical team or whether he realised how pisspoor they were and realised an easy career path!

Where this gets truly interesting is, if this is the case, how should WC play this out? On the field he hurts us, yet off the field his currency drops.

A fiendish scenario for which I have no answers!

TBH, him playing on the field has hurt his currency more than not playing him would have. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back