List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Free agency and draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worth holding them for a year so that we can use picks in next years apparent "super draft"?

Whitecross is an excellent clubman and Simpkin a rock at VFL that can help get BHH to a GF again so we have the flexibility to keep getting games into depth during our own finals campaign. They still hold some value for next year, just not with playing at AFL level.
Simpkin won't be with us in 2016. The way Wright spoke earlier last week, Whitecross will be given every opportunity to find a new home also.

Whitecross and Simpkin need to go, and I think we've made it pretty clear that they will.

They won't play in Hawthorn's next flag. As they will most certainly be overlooked for youngsters like Langford, O'Rourke, Hartung and Howe....so they are essentially just clogging our list.
Are they in a 'weak' draft? Injuries could hurt. We know what Simpkins output will be. Unsure of the youngsters

Whitecross and Simpkin need to go, and I think we've made it pretty clear that they will.

They won't play in Hawthorn's next flag. As they will most certainly be overlooked for youngsters like Langford, O'Rourke, Hartung and Howe....so they are essentially just clogging our list.

Yes I agree with you. ..breaking into the midfield or even a small forward is nigh on impossible for them now....Simpkin premiership player...he's done well...Whitecross I always thought he may come on..those damn knees!...We've got too many young ones now vying to invest time into for the midfield...

Will be get anything for the two of them or would they be packaged up in a deal...?

Simpkin won't be with us in 2016. The way Wright spoke earlier last week, Whitecross will be given every opportunity to find a new home also.

This has been my thinking too, but it wonder if we might consider keeping them for another year rather than draft two spuds that we'd be stuck with for two years. If they go we'd be using picks in the 70+ range just to get to 38 players.

Quite simply, unless Carlisle wants to play for the Hawks, we don't need him. Maybe trade with Essendon, then move him on to the Saints for pick 5 :)

You do have to wonder. It seems hes completely over essendon, but the hawk hate indoctrination lives on. You wonder if it can be overcome

Feels a bit like 2010 at the moment, they way we're seemingly turning over the list.
After the 09' and 10' debacles we were ruthless with our list management.

2010: we delisted a staggering 11 players

Out: Brown, Croad, Dowler, Hooper, Muston, Taylor, Tuck, Johnson, JK Thompson, Moss, Peterson, Skipper, Stokes

In: Hale, Isaac Smith, Langford, Poppy, Hallahan, Litherland, Cam Bruce, Cheyney

2009: In: Gibson, Burgoyne, Grimley, Stratts, Doc, Suckling

Those two drafts alone netted us an unbelievable 9 premiership players and some terrific depth players - some who still form part of future plans.

I think 2010 is a good model to look at if we're having any anxiety over the delisting's/trades currently happening

Last edited:
I don't understand the complete lack of interest in Simmo. Benny McGlynn MKII, so I would expect someone would pick him up for decent depth. Not to mention his inside knowledge.

Is it because he will probably be delisted anyhow, and someone will pick him up for nix?

Really have appreciated what this guy has brought to the club.

Wouldn't mind if one of them stayed another year. Depth and teaching experience at BHH while these other guys come on. Whitey might get something back and increase in trade value for next year as well.

Feels a bit like 2010 at the moment, they way we're seemingly turning over the list.
After the 09' and 10' debacles we were ruthless with our list management.

2010: we delisted a staggering 11 players

Out: Brown, Croad, Dowler, Hooper, Muston, Taylor, Tuck, Johnson, JK Thompson, Moss, Peterson, Skipper, Stokes

In: Hale, Isaac Smith, Langford, Poppy, Hallahan, Litherland, Cam Bruce, Cheyney

2009: In: Gibson, Burgoyne, Grimley, Stratts, Doc, Suckling

Those two drafts alone netted us an unbelievable 9 premiership players and some terrific depth players - some who still form part of future plans.

I think 2010 is a good model to look at if we're having any anxiety over the delisting's/trades currently happening
Double like

You do have to wonder. It seems hes completely over essendon, but the hawk hate indoctrination lives on. You wonder if it can be overcome

I do understand him wanting to be part of a club with a young list on the rise, ala St.Kilda, but surely you'd think the chance of playing in a team that could win 4 flags in a row would be SOME sort of incentive.

I guess it's his decision, and not everyone wants to play for the Hawks.

While that might've sounded dumb, Nathan Brown revealed he was more stupider. Just tedious and moronic. Nothing new there I spose.

Does anyone ever learn anything from what Nathan Brown says? IMHO, he'd been one of the greatest imbeciles in the football media, and THAT is saying something. Channel 9 do it well, they make him appear less stupid by placing Bill Brownless next to him on the panel. Bill could make a stobie pole appear intelligent.

St. Kilda, just seem like amateurs. Is it the touch of the Pelch, or does he just compound it?

St.Kilda are just hanging out ATM trying to hold onto pick 5 whilst looking at other ways to deal with Essendon. It appears Essendon only want the pick 5, otherwise it's Hawthorn they want to deal with.

I get the impression that although Carlisle would prefer playing at St.Kilda, at least he's open to hearing out Clarko and the boys.

My read of the scenario is eventually, St.Kilda will cave in and trade pick 5 to Essendon ..... but ...... St.Kilda ARE St.Kilda. Anything could happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon sure do make this time of the year interesting in a frustratingly enjoyable sort of way.
Funny to watch from afar.

Wouldn't want to have to deal with them though.

This has been my thinking too, but it wonder if we might consider keeping them for another year rather than draft two spuds that we'd be stuck with for two years. If they go we'd be using picks in the 70+ range just to get to 38 players.
Agree. Will we get someone better than Simpkin with a pick in the 50's? If the answer is no, then we hold onto him for another year.
Better backup and next years draft is meant to run deeper

I do understand him wanting to be part of a club with a young list on the rise, ala St.Kilda, but surely you'd think the chance of playing in a team that could win 4 flags in a row would be SOME sort of incentive.

I guess it's his decision, and not everyone wants to play for the Hawks.
Perhaps our success could work against us attracting star players. Yes, we pulled off the 3-peat, but what are the odds of a 4-peat? There should be some fall off after a period of sustained success, and with the imminent retirement of Hodge, Mitch, Burgers, Gibbo, that fall-off seems likely. Perhaps a new 80s-like era is possible, but equalisation will see clubs like GC and GWS rise up the ladder, and the Saints and Dogs are building the basis of a pretty good list.

Who's to say which team is the most likely to win a flag in the next 3-4 years? I can understand why some players would look at the Saints, particularly if the $ are more to his liking.

Potentially we can have a look in at the McCarthy trade with GWS and Freo, a first round pick to Freo for Wellar, on traded to GWS with Freo's 2016 first round pick ?
We should be prodding Freo's desperation for a Key forward .

Perhaps our success could work against us attracting star players. Yes, we pulled off the 3-peat, but what are the odds of a 4-peat? There should be some fall off after a period of sustained success, and with the imminent retirement of Hodge, Mitch, Burgers, Gibbo, that fall-off seems likely. Perhaps a new 80s-like era is possible, but equalisation will see clubs like GC and GWS rise up the ladder, and the Saints and Dogs are building the basis of a pretty good list.

Who's to say which team is the most likely to win a flag in the next 3-4 years? I can understand why some players would look at the Saints, particularly if the $ are more to his liking.
We we have won more flags in the past 4 weeks than they have in the past 4 decades. That has to count for something.

Potentially we can have a look in at the McCarthy trade with GWS and Freo, a first round pick to Freo for Wellar, on traded to GWS with Freo's 2016 first round pick ?
We should be prodding Freo's desperation for a Key forward .
No (despite this being a good idea)
I can't wait to watch Fremantle fall like St Kilda post 2010.

They will go into next season, as it currently stands, without a key forward despite their delusional fans thinking they're a legitimate contender for next year.
Will arguably have the worst forward line in the league.

They will go into next season, as it currently stands, without a key forward despite their delusional fans thinking they're a legitimate contender for next year.
Agreed you give them pick 15 they get McCarthy and start to look dangerous IF Ross goes more offensive.

And is 2016 Sandi's last year?

Like Hawthorn I personally don't care about the opposition, all that matters is Hawthorn, the way we play and our personnel and strengthening said personnel for a sustained success.. Acquiring Wellar for our first round pick is a bargain.
As for Freo, they may get a forward, personally I don't think he is the be all and end all......But when you have Dawson and Johnson as your KP backmen......ultimately they still have holes throughout its list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back