List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Free agency and draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brand certainly looks to be developing well after his reco this year. Good size and skills, and a good back-up for Chip and Spang (with leg injury worries). If the fitness staff can do the wonders with Spang that they have done with Cyril then we should be well covered in defence next year, because the monsters will still be around (Hawkins, Cloke etc.) to test us without Lake there.

I was thinking the same re-Spangher.

Also on a side note does anyone know if Chip as had his Shoulder reco yet? I'm assuming that it would have been booked in for straight away after the GF?

Call me crazy but I see value in some of the delisted free agents if the Hawks only use 2-3 picks in the draft.
I've already put it out there that Gorringe would be a handy pick up with his tank, & skills. I recon Monkey can work wonders on this guy.
Mathew wattson... Yes... I think has upside in a club that can get him the footy as a forward & at a pinch can go back. I don't see him as less a prospect in defence to the other guys looking for that other KPD, but more as a cheep forward.
Sippos has clean skills but injuries have haunted his progression.
Daniel markworth must have something to offer, similar to Woodward having potential, as StKilda want to rookie list the kid after a shit run of luck with injuries.
Reddin & Fitzpatric are for me are a chance just as Cegs was not that long ago.
Dalglesh & Aylett are speculative but have pace & preseasons... & anyone coming out of the Bombers might have been distracted in the last few seasons.
I'm sure there is more but as I said before if the Hawks only use a couple of picks, that I've not looked into enough to single out.... Gresham, Collins, Hibbard, Oliver... I think there are ready made players that can contribute without the massive pay packet that is not warranted

Call me old-fashioned, but why would we look at these guys when we have (or about to) let Suckling, Anderson, Whitecross, Savage, Cheney etc. go ?

This carlisle thing is getting weird now. I agree with others who've said it appears essendon is barely interested in listening to st.kilda at all. This would normally be good news for us except the player in question doesn't want to play for us. Let him walk to the psd then it's their problem. Essendon lose him for nothing and st.kilda can risk Carlton thwarting them. Stuff em. Keep our picks for the best mids available.

Call me old-fashioned, but why would we look at these guys when we have (or about to) let Suckling, Anderson, Whitecross, Savage, Cheney etc. go ?
Why wouldn't you look at any player? I haven't said that they are all guns who are starters at Hawthorn, but more if they fit a role & fill a need they are more match ready than a first year rookie at a speculative pick outside the top 30 in a shallow draft. Sure.. There will be diamonds in the rough past that point but as I said I see value & others see spuds, it's all a matter of opinion.

I guess it depends on whether we see a role they could play that would make us stronger. We don't have a bad record with recent fringe players like spangher and simpkin, both close to being delisted at their previous clubs. Now they are premiership players. Same theory goes with drafting Fitzpatrick,Gorringe. Their role would be purely back up until pittonet is ready. We have done it before with pattinson,mcaculey, johnson and skipper in recent years.

If GWS traded Townsend for Pick 70, I wonder if they or the Suns have any other fringe midfielders who could potentially be developed who they'd swap for a nothing pick to help them get more points for bidding.

as I said I see value & others see spuds, it's all a matter of opinion.
You have to be very careful about having an opinion on BF.
Some will agree, some will shoot you down & argue with you till they're blue in the face.

Thats only my opinion. :)

This carlisle thing is getting weird now. I agree with others who've said it appears essendon is barely interested in listening to st.kilda at all. This would normally be good news for us except the player in question doesn't want to play for us. Let him walk to the psd then it's their problem. Essendon lose him for nothing and st.kilda can risk Carlton thwarting them. Stuff em. Keep our picks for the best mids available.

I agree 100%

I was thinking the same re-Spangher.

Also on a side note does anyone know if Chip as had his Shoulder reco yet? I'm assuming that it would have been booked in for straight away after the GF?
I think they were waiting to see how he came up at the end of the season re his shoulder, which didn't seem to be giving him any more problems, so it looks as though he will continue through off-season with a strengthening programme, because as you know, they can do wonders nowadays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If GWS traded Townsend for Pick 70, I wonder if they or the Suns have any other fringe midfielders who could potentially be developed who they'd swap for a nothing pick to help them get more points for bidding.
It's a bit of an odd one, as Townsend would've been delisted anyway.

I think it's a matter of securing a player for nothing rather than trying to get them in the PSD. Townsend might have fitted a role ;)

You have to be very careful about having an opinion on BF.
Some will agree, some will shoot you down & argue with you till they're blue in the face.

Thats only my opinion. :)
And some will create alias's to back up their post, when support isn't forth coming.

Gee talk about Obsessed. One certain Geelong poster liking a 2 week old post about Henderson 100 pages back :eek:

They have Hawthorn obsession problems. You would think after 3 premierships in 5 years some of that success would have quenched their obsession. Nope.
Sit back enjoy and watch them fire bomb Geelong and skin Mr Mission Accomplished alive if we go 4 in a row. Mr Dangerfield doesn't know what he's got himself into!

Was only halfway through the second quarter at that point. So early :p

Are you implying that I may have an issue around getting prematurely excited & going off a little early.

I'll ask Mrs Dipper and come back to you with her thoughts on the matter.

Although my memories are that by peaking so early I was able to go through a refractory period when WCE came back at us and then peak again later in the game, in fact, and I'm not trying to brag here, but I actually peaked more than once during the second half.;)

If we go to the draft with 15 + 18, which I'm more than happy to do, I'd love to come out with two mids with a little bit of size/pace. Clayton Oliver is one who I'd love to jag, and possibly Tucker or Milera if he slides. Ryan Burton is another who I'd love to get in if he's available.

Save for that, I'd take Collins if he's there. Can never have too many developing big blokes. We seem to always go for the rangy/skinny big men though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back