List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Free agency and draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can categorically state we have ruled out Tiny Tim. And I also think the Pope is in some doubt due to his inability to find a target by foot.
I heard the Pope is out because he doesn't want Spangher bossing him around all day.

Then there's really no point in having this forum.

Well, your questions are just vague hypotheticals, verging on meaningless.

Would we have O'Meara? What do you reckon?

As for 'ruling out' anyone, none of us can do that, so why bother?

Yarran? has there been any rumour or link of Yarran to Hawthorn? If not, you may as well start talking about about every single player on a wish list.

As for whether us punters would rather have Aish or Redden, start a separate poll, rather than fill this rumour thread with people's opinions on two players who may never eventuate.

I know a lot of people like hypotheticals, but that is NOT what this thread is for. There is another thread dedicated to that. (I'll bump it)

Last edited:

I heard Freeman nominated the Saints.

Makes sense...

003BAL_Morgan_Freeman_006.jpg

Danger has stated he wants to return to Victoria, interesting he has not yet nominated a club like every other player seems to be doing?

Is that out of respect to Adelaide wanting to wait until after the Brownlow to nominate a club?

I don't understand that given that they already know he is leaving.

This is beautiful. The expected announcement was that Dangerfield would be confirming he's off to Geelong on one of a number of rumoured deals. Now it's confirmed he's going to "exercise his right of free agency to return home to Victoria".

May still be going to Geelong but this teasing is going to be torturous for Geelong supporters.

Interesting..or Aish is pulling a Dangerfield stunt

It does suggest this.

I thought last week due to his silence he would only be considering Adelaide, Brisbane or Hawthorn.

Still no word so we can probably put a line through Adelaide now, that leaves it down to two.

It does suggest this.

I thought last week due to his silence he would only be considering Adelaide, Brisbane or Hawthorn.

Still no word so we can probably put a line through Adelaide now, that leaves it down to two.
I have heard second hand from a player manager that he believes Aish will end up at Hawthorn......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone reckons Danger to the Cats but funnily he hast come out to say his left yet..or if he choose the cats. I find it werid- similar thing happened with Frawley..

Not at all.

I think he wants the AA, Club B&F and Brownlow done before his announcement.

Played it to the end like a champ and deserves to attend the final B&F rather than be dis-invited.

Would you rule out Hawks getting Harley Bennell or Jake Carlisle?

Would you rather James Aish or Jack Redden?

If all fails would you want Jaeger O'Meara?
Even a lesser light Chris Yarran?

trade poetry - that arts degree wasn't a complete waste of time

Is Aish any good?

From Knightmares Phantom Draft. A very highly rated junior.

#6 Collingwood (Via West Coast) - James Aish (SA – Mid/Def)
Height: 183cm, Weight: 74kg, DOB: 08/11/1995
Recruited from: Norwood
Style: Trent Cotchin
Player comparison: Jarrad McVeigh
Range: 4-10
Profile: Aish is an elite user of the footy and just has more time and space than the next player. He’s proven in the SANFL for a number of years now that he’s made of AFL stuff and will have a long career in the AFL as someone I’d class as a probable 250 gamer. In space, in traffic, it doesn’t matter for Aish. He has rare composure and continues to make the right decisions and never seems rushed with the extra time and space he seems to have. By both hand or foot he consistently he uses it well and is one of the more duel sided players you’ll see at this young age rarely missing a target. He also has excellent vision and lowers his eyes finding the correct target every time making him a threat whenever he kicks it into the forward 50. Aish is a strong mark overhead for his size and has a strong 1v1 game despite his lean build and can also pose a threat when he pushes forward. Aish is an impressive athlete with his ability burst out of traffic with the pill, to sidestep and has a real burst of speed on him in a straight line also. He just so naturally takes on the game and seems to enjoy it and can generate that drive with his run and carry. Aish still needs to get stronger but that will come. He’s one of the relatively younger players in this draft and has played and played well against more mature opposition and even handled the tag well so he’s not something to be concerned about. Despite his lean build he is not a soft outside player and is very willing to get his hands dirty and go hard when it’s his turn but he looks more likely to settle on a wing or back flank as he’s not going to be a clearance king or a monster contested ball winner at the next level with what most likely will remain a relatively lean build but he doesn’t have to be with the rest of his game complete. Aish is one of the lowest risk players in this draft looking at what he’s done against senior SANFL competition and I have no question he’ll be one of the very best to come out of this draft. Also comes from a very famous South Australian football family and has it in his blood

We have been locked out of the top end talent in the draft for over a decade, yet are still trying to stockpile these elite junior talents (Anderson {rated top 10}, O'Rouke {#2}, possibly Aish{#7}).

Could pay off in a big way, if they meet their potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back