List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Free agency and draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So based on a supposed deal of Collingwood's 2015 first round pick and 2016 second round pick being accepted by GWS for Adam Treloer a similar offer for Jeager O'Meara would be par for the course if we (or anyone else) were to trade for him???

The name that immediately comes to mind if Shoenmakers was to request a trade to Fremantle would be Lachie Weller. We'd need to sweeten it but the boy can play.

The name that immediately comes to mind if Shoenmakers was to request a trade to Fremantle would be Lachie Weller. We'd need to sweeten it but the boy can play.
Little chance of this happening. Weller is significantly better than Schoenmakers, and would take a lot more than a sweetener for them to even consider it.

I am in no way condoning the trading of schoe, as i think he is pretty vital (come at me!)
Even if it is just depth, TOB still well off and aging backline...
But that said freo would be damn desperate for a forward...

If hawthorn pulled Aish out of its arse then this club needs the red carpet rolled out for the next decade.. Aish is a talent and a half, he would bookend our midfield for the next decade along with JOR/JEDI/Langers/Hill/Shiels/Howe. The typical type of footballer Clarko loves, goes inside/out and has top end elite skills.

If we jag this deal then I'd be very very comfortable with our midfield moving forward, whilst the losses of Mitch/Burger and Hodgey will be huge, the drop off won't be long.

It's making a bit of sense now isn't it? Aish is all but gone and has been for the past 2 years, the lions season has finished, the b&f done and players are nominating their clubs yet Aish has said nothing.. Out of all the rumours this one seems the most realistic.

This will be the biggest trade period in recent memory. Dangerfield alone is a big story, but you throw in the likes of Yarran, Aish, Carlisle, Bennell and all the other smaller deals and it could get quite hectic.

Will at least make AFL Trade Radio worth listening to this year.
And there are bugger all quality free agents available next year so not much worth holding off for.
Any one of or a combination of Bennell, Aish and O'Meara would be fantastic in the next couple of years but our KPP stocks will be in dire straights by then also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And there are bugger all quality free agents available next year so not much worth holding off for.
Any one of or a combination of Bennell, Aish and O'Meara would be fantastic in the next couple of years but our KPP stocks will be in dire straights by then also.
If Shem comes on we need not to worry

This will be the biggest trade period in recent memory. Dangerfield alone is a big story, but you throw in the likes of Yarran, Aish, Carlisle, Bennell and all the other smaller deals and it could get quite hectic.

Will at least make AFL Trade Radio worth listening to this year.
That's a big call :p

From Knightmares Phantom Draft. A very highly rated junior.

We have been locked out of the top end talent in the draft for over a decade, yet are still trying to stockpile these elite junior talents (Anderson {rated top 10}, O'Rouke {#2}, possibly Aish{#7}).

Could pay off in a big way, IF they meet their potential.

I edited to add the required big if.

I'm a fan of Shoey, I think he is thriving in the forward line. He's third in line of the tall forwards (Roughy and Gunner in front of him) but in front of T'OB and Shem, but there might be an opportunity to step up into Haley's spot with him retiring at season's end. That is assuming he can pinch hit in the ruck.

If he is after regular game time next season he might look elsewhere for opportunities, but here's hoping he steps up big time on Friday and cement's a spot in the team.

Question for Halfback Dasher if he's around:

Who is most likely to be made available on the trade table when our season ends...Shoenmakers or O'Brien?

Very smart move by the Saints going after Freeman. 300k is still under the AFL average wage. They'll get a first round pick in on the cheap. They have cap space to burn for a couple of years, when they challenge he'll either be apart of it or moved on freeing up 300k in the process for a free agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back